Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KNICKS #1 on Lamar Odom's List

If JR runs for the money I really want LO in my 2.0 mock off season I have us signing him and drafting Kim English to replace JR

Odom is the missing piece of the Knicks' championship puzzle. If the Knicks get him there is no way that Miami is stopping them in a seven game series. Having Odom and Amar'e come off the bench would wear down other teams' frontcourt. If Grunwald doesn't do this deal then the Knicks have to find a way to lock up Jeffries for the next 5 years.

i am torn between taking him and not.

He won sixth man of the year last yr so he had that going for him but on the other hand he has off court issues that may negatively affect his game. If JR leaves i would try and consider him if we can get him for cheap esp since jeffries has been battling injuries.

JK F THAT BRIAN SCALABRINE IS AVAILABLE!! Guaranteed NBA champs next year!

How could anyone be against this move??? Odom is VERY skilled despite what we saw in DAL. He didn't want to be there plus he had a bad year emotionally. Dudes a baller, so its silly how some judge him on a fraction of a season on a new team with no training camp when he's put in work for years with the LAL.

Odom is great at everything Amare is bad at. Hopefully this would make Amare work harder or risk dropping further down the line in fan popularity.

Also, I could care less about the Kardashian crap. If Odom comes to camp in shape and ready to rep the Knicks (his hometown) i'm good. I think Woodson would bring the best out of Odom as well being a defensive guy. Its a NY thing.

Knicks really have a knack for attracting problematic/controversial players. I wonder why. Might as well invite Howard in. That would complete it.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Odom is the missing piece of the Knicks' championship puzzle. If the Knicks get him there is no way that Miami is stopping them in a seven game series. Having Odom and Amar'e come off the bench would wear down other teams' frontcourt. If Grunwald doesn't do this deal then the Knicks have to find a way to lock up Jeffries for the next 5 years.
    Not sure. Have you seen how Amare played this season?

Superstar

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    How could anyone be against this move??? Odom is VERY skilled despite what we saw in DAL. He didn't want to be there plus he had a bad year emotionally. Dudes a baller, so its silly how some judge him on a fraction of a season on a new team with no training camp when he's put in work for years with the LAL.

Odom is great at everything Amare is bad at. Hopefully this would make Amare work harder or risk dropping further down the line in fan popularity.

Also, I could care less about the Kardashian crap. If Odom comes to camp in shape and ready to rep the Knicks (his hometown) i'm good. I think Woodson would bring the best out of Odom as well being a defensive guy. Its a NY thing.
    I was on the fence about this, but you make some good points...I think i'll move to 60% in favor now, dude is nice, when he wants to be.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    um no

this missing pieces of the knicks championship puzzle are

1.consitantely playing defense on a championship level like miami, chi, okc, san an and boston. doing it for a month doesn't count and never will.
    2.getting a better bench. the bench wasn't absolute trash but could have gotten better. i was personally disappointed in landry fields btw.

3. the melo and amare dynamic needs to be addressed, IF they wanna even talk about getting past the 1st round

4. miami's big 3 needs to be dismembered, and rose needs to stay injured, okc needs to stop improving, the clippers need to go back to not being important. duncan, parker and manu need to retire.
    none of #4 will happen in the foreseeable future so no.

5. figure out the coaching situation

Last but not least, locking up jeffries for 5 years????? doing that alone should
    cost grunwald his job.

the knicks have shiit load of problems and odom does not solve all of them

Veteran

Ofcoarse. For the right price I'll take him because his skill set will easily fit right in, In more ways than one he'll be a great addition. I'm only a lil worried about the off the court influences taking away his focus. But I believe Woody will remedy that with little to no prob.

Originally Posted by LV&C
    Knicks really have a knack for attracting problematic/controversial players. I wonder why. Might as well invite Howard in. That would complete it.
    Odom is neither problematic nor controversial. Stop being a sheep to the media. Besides his stint with DAL, Odom has never been tagged as anything you mentioned. In fact, he's been a professional and great teammate who was able to fill multiple voids in LA.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Odom is neither problematic nor controversial. Stop being a sheep to the media. Besides his stint with DAL, Odom has never been tagged as anything you mentioned. In fact, he's been a professional and great teammate who was able to fill multiple voids in LA.
    Anything related to the Kardashians is problematic and controversial to me. Not saying that he can't play ball. He is good. All I'm saying he is gonna be problematic and controversial. And honestly, I don't wanna cheer with the Ks. But it's just me.

I don't mind Odom.

It's his link with a Kardashian that scares me. I don't want any member of the Kardashian clan near a Knicks player.

A Kardashian smells bad, is a disease, and will infect other Knicks players will multiple injuries.

Default Lame or Dumb?

The Lamar-dashian would be a welcome addition. he's like Girafferies with offensive skills, like
    Al Harrington. someone who can hit the 3, drive to the basket, and be a team player like he was on the Lakers.

last year was an abomination. he did not want to go to Dallas, his whole world collapsed
    (not unlike STAT's world of death and disappointment), and his team treated him like a leper.
    he was tagged an underachiever without heart by the entire Dallas org, and he couldn't get out from under that.

NY would be his town, where him and big Kim can f*ck and s*ck and shop and pop and get back
    to his city nature. the mofro's from Queens, NYC! damn!

I support the pickup!!

PS: just hope I don't end up calling him Lamar O' Doom!

I don't know. Guy sucks.

He's a bum.

Look, what he should have done last year is say "hey man, I can't ball because I'm an emotional train-wreck; donate my salary to charity"

But he didn't say that. He took his cool 8$million and he cried like a bitch at the end of the bench.

Guy would get his ass rocked in county, I can't imagine down state.

He's a bitch.

He got the biggest, ugliest Kardashian, too. That's a big bitch.

**** Odom, **** Khloe.

No thanks.