Nash doesn't want to go to the Knicks

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1195088-nba-rumors-steve-nash-unlikely-to-join-knicks

https://twitter.com/JaredZwerling/statuses/205667100109438976#

I think this puts an end to all those "Let's get Nash" posts. The man himself doesn't want to come. I think D'Antoni leaving and Knicks getting knocked out at first round really helped make this decision. Also the fact that Nash probably doesn't like the Melo-Woodson type of ball Knicks have going right now.

Let's look at the facts. Nash is still very much good at his old age and he can really power up a team's offense. But, he's still a bad defender, and who knows how long he can keep up his offense with his old age. He might be good for another year, but what after that? I'd rather have Lin for his youth and defense. It's sad that there's no one to save STAT from his poor performance, but when you're getting paid that much, you really have no right to request a player to help him play.

Last edited:

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
Are you surprised? He's like 38 and only has about 2 years left. He wants to play for a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber team. Do the Knicks fit that criteria? Food for thought

There are othe PGs that NY can get who can contribute pretty good

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Spoke w/ salary cap expert Larry Coon. Said the CBA is clearly worded w/ Early Bird and "doubts the Knicks have any chance to win the case."

Jared Zwerling again

LV&C

Benchwarmer
I have been saying that all along. If he wanted to be in NY, he'd be here years ago. :boohoo:

fender0577

Rotation player
No more 40 something PG's, please!Every good team(except MIA) in the league, has a very good, very young PG, why can't the knicks see that.Didn't we learn anything this year?I like Nash, but he's to damn old, no thanks.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Not believing it?

LMFAO.

Did anyone actually think Nash wants to come in and play with Carmelo and Woodson and JR Smith?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Look at how quickly every thread turns into a Melo bash fest

Our fan base is full of pansies

orangeblobman

Rotation player
How is it bashing?

Melo is who he is. And there is no way Nash would come to play with Melo, Woodson and JR.

Anyone who thought Nash would come to this team was drunk for so many days.

CA7

Scoring Champ
How is it bashing?

Melo is who he is. And there is no way Nash would come to play with Melo, Woodson and JR.

Anyone who thought Nash would come to this team was drunk for so many days.

You are making it seem like Melo and JR are bad players and Woodson is a bad coach **** Nash if he ain't down to come, he can go to Miami and become a spot up shooter while James and Wade hog the ball

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You are making it seem like Melo and JR are bad players and Woodson is a bad coach **** Nash if he ain't down to come, he can go to Miami and become a spot up shooter while James and Wade hog the ball

No one said they were bad, although I think they're both **** players, but the point was that they don't play Nash basketball. Woodson says "give to Melo", they give it to Melo, and JR just runs around shooting it whenever he gets a touch. That's not Nasty Nash, that's just nasty.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Are you surprised? He's like 38 and only has about 2 years left. He wants to play for a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber team. Do the Knicks fit that criteria? Food for thought

There are othe PGs that NY can get who can contribute pretty good

I really don't like that you post here.

I don't need to read that our team isn't championship caliber from some heat fan who's team is.. You're sort of rubbing all of our noses in it, even if it is not done purposely.. Food for thought

KBlack25

Starter
I really don't like that you post here.

I don't need to read that our team isn't championship caliber from some heat fan who's team is.. You're sort of rubbing all of our noses in it, even if it is not done purposely.. Food for thought

Agreed. I can't imagine going to a Heat board and thinking anyone would care abt what I think abt their team. I especially couldn't imagine doing it of the Knicks were in the EC Finals and the Heat were out of it. It's a free country and this dude can post here. I just don't get why he wants to. Especially with his team in the hunt.

fender0577

Rotation player
And I also heard Novak is going to Heat. Sigh. They are really setting up something down there.
If novak goes to the heat, he'll shoot like 70% from 3, with all those open looks he'll get, Damn!I wonder how many of use would turn on him, i Know i would.

Kiyaman

Legend
You are making it seem like Melo and JR are bad players **** Nash if he ain't down to come, he can go to Miami and become a spot up shooter while James and Wade hog the ball

Melo & JR are regular-season winners, their NBA career say they are bad postseason players.

The past 2 seasons Lebron & Wade performance has become elite PG in the NBA. Miami dont need Nash, they need a young point-foward or combo-guard like Ginobli, Shump, or restricted FA Terrence Williams.

I can understand Nash view of joining a confused Knicks organization.
If Nash dont want to share the PG duties with Lin-Sanity then thats on Nash.
I like all Nash strong points, but Nash career weakness of playing without a center in the lineup....was the missing talent Nash needed to visit the FINALS. This was Nash first season in his long career where he played decent at getting a center involve. Nash played like shiiiit with Shaq, Lopez, and Gortat first season as a Suns. No loss!

Kiyaman

Legend
If novak goes to the heat, he'll shoot like 70% from 3, with all those open looks he'll get, Damn!I wonder how many of use would turn on him, i Know i would.

If Novak goes to the Heat or to the next-team.....Ill be wearing his #16 Knicks Jersey when he visit MSG. The only one I will turn on will be our G.M. Grunwald for not extending Novak & Lin's contract an extra year during Lin-Sanity moment. Their waiver contracts were like 10 day contracts.