Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nash doesn't want to go to the Knicks

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I really don't like that you post here.

I don't need to read that our team isn't championship caliber from some heat fan who's team is.. You're sort of rubbing all of our noses in it, even if it is not done purposely.. Food for thought
    Agreed. I can't imagine going to a Heat board and thinking anyone would care abt what I think abt their team. I especially couldn't imagine doing it of the Knicks were in the EC Finals and the Heat were out of it. It's a free country and this dude can post here. I just don't get why he wants to. Especially with his team in the hunt.

Superstar

Originally Posted by LV&C
    And I also heard Novak is going to Heat. Sigh. They are really setting up something down there.
    If novak goes to the heat, he'll shoot like 70% from 3, with all those open looks he'll get, Damn!I wonder how many of use would turn on him, i Know i would.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    You are making it seem like Melo and JR are bad players **** Nash if he ain't down to come, he can go to Miami and become a spot up shooter while James and Wade hog the ball

Melo & JR are regular-season winners, their NBA career say they are bad postseason players.

The past 2 seasons Lebron & Wade performance has become elite PG in the NBA. Miami dont need Nash, they need a young point-foward or combo-guard like Ginobli, Shump, or restricted FA Terrence Williams.

I can understand Nash view of joining a confused Knicks organization.
    If Nash dont want to share the PG duties with Lin-Sanity then thats on Nash.
    I like all Nash strong points, but Nash career weakness of playing without a center in the lineup....was the missing talent Nash needed to visit the FINALS. This was Nash first season in his long career where he played decent at getting a center involve. Nash played like shiiiit with Shaq, Lopez, and Gortat first season as a Suns. No loss!

Veteran

Originally Posted by fender0577
    If novak goes to the heat, he'll shoot like 70% from 3, with all those open looks he'll get, Damn!I wonder how many of use would turn on him, i Know i would.

If Novak goes to the Heat or to the next-team.....Ill be wearing his #16 Knicks Jersey when he visit MSG. The only one I will turn on will be our G.M. Grunwald for not extending Novak & Lin's contract an extra year during Lin-Sanity moment. Their waiver contracts were like 10 day contracts.

To anyone saying Nash is too old, think about when the last time we won a championship.

How can you see Nash meshing with LeBron but not Carmelo, LeBron holds on to the ball too much and would turn Nash into an off the ball player, regardless i don't want him anyway, we don't anymore defensive liabilities just stick with Lin if not go after Lowry, Curry or Hinrich all who may be available for us

Nash would be nice but if he doesnt want NY, then let him to go to Dallas or Miami or whatever....i really don't care

Old age or not, Nash's game is dependent on good spot up shooters and players movement. We have neither.

The only thing getting Nash would do is putting Knicks over the cap.

Originally Posted by REALHEAT
    Are you surprised? He's like 38 and only has about 2 years left. He wants to play for a CHAMPIONSHIP caliber team. Do the Knicks fit that criteria? Food for thought

There are othe PGs that NY can get who can contribute pretty good
    I don't mind at all that you post here. I am not someone who will question the motivations of fellow man. And it's healthy to get this perspective from someone who sees the game through the eyeglasses of the Heat. That's true diversity, a diversity of ideas.

I will tell you that Nash is not going to Heat, because I think he will go where he can find comfort and play some style that is good for him. I do not think Nash will run to the "sure thing" for a championship. Heat is not a good fit for him just like Knicks is not a good fit for him.

And I also heard Novak is going to Heat. Sigh. They are really setting up something down there.
    **** all those gloryhunters joining the Heat!

I've already lost all respect for Battier and Turiaf.

If Nash and Novak join them too I hope they tear a ligament or something. It's just not fair and against the spirit of the league to form a superteam somewhere. Those ****ing Heat somehow managed to cheat and get that done...**** the salary cap, it's useless. Only thing it does is hurt teams like the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls and a couple others.

We can't compete with Miami because of the damn cap, but they cheated the cap...**** it.

The NBA should just allow a transfer system like in European Soccer so Dolan could buy us a few championships...get Kyrie for $40 million, Bynum for $50 million, Iggy for $40 million, sell Amar'e for $20-30 million, get Kevin Love for $60-70 million etc. our options would be countless and the best thing about it is Dolan could do all this financially.

**** the small market teams, I only care about the Knicks. I couldn't care less whether Cleveland and Minnesota would have to play in front of 3000 people every night and finish bottom for the next 10+ years.

With the way Miami cheated their way around the cap all other big market teams got ****ed for the next 5 years (until Wade, Bosh, Lebitch start to age).

They might win it this year, they'll get even better role players next year...they're as good as Team USA ca 2004. It's ridiculous.

We have plenty of money to spend but we're not allowed to....smh

Can you blame him for going there?

If Novak comes off the bench, he will become option 1, 2. or 3 for most of the teams. If playoffs was any indication of whats coming for him, a high screen by Tyson is the most he will ever get from Woodson.

It's pathetic to watch the best 3 shooter in the league and not getting plays designed for him!

Go where a team will appreciate your talent, Novak!

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    **** all those gloryhunters joining the Heat!

I've already lost all respect for Battier and Turiaf.

If Nash and Novak join them too I hope they tear a ligament or something. It's just not fair and against the spirit of the league to form a superteam somewhere. Those ****ing Heat somehow managed to cheat and get that done...**** the salary cap, it's useless. Only thing it does is hurt teams like the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls and a couple others.

We can't compete with Miami because of the damn cap, but they cheated the cap...**** it.

The NBA should just allow a transfer system like in European Soccer so Dolan could buy us a few championships...get Kyrie for $40 million, Bynum for $50 million, Iggy for $40 million, sell Amar'e for $20-30 million, get Kevin Love for $60-70 million etc. our options would be countless and the best thing about it is Dolan could do all this financially.

**** the small market teams, I only care about the Knicks. I couldn't care less whether Cleveland and Minnesota would have to play in front of 3000 people every night and finish bottom for the next 10+ years.

With the way Miami cheated their way around the cap all other big market teams got ****ed for the next 5 years (until Wade, Bosh, Lebitch start to age).

They might win it this year, they'll get even better role players next year...they're as good as Team USA ca 2004. It's ridiculous.

We have plenty of money to spend but we're not allowed to....smh
    So what if the Knicks were the ones to sign Lebron and Wade and had the super team. Wouldn't your view of super teams be different?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

If Nash goes to the Heat, I can seriously see them winning 73-75 games if healthy.

Nash
    Wade
    James

would the greatest passing/offensive and just the best 1-2-3 combo in NBA history.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    If Nash goes to the Heat, I can seriously see them winning 73-75 games if healthy.

Nash
    Wade
    James

would the greatest passing/offensive and just the best 1-2-3 combo in NBA history.
    I'd prefer

Harper
    Jordan
    Pippen

and maybe even

Magic
    Cooper
    Worthy

Nash is not the 2004 Nash anymore, keep that in mind.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by CA7
    How can you see Nash meshing with LeBron but not Carmelo, LeBron holds on to the ball too much and would turn Nash into an off the ball player, regardless i don't want him anyway, we don't anymore defensive liabilities just stick with Lin if not go after Lowry, Curry or Hinrich all who may be available for us
    You want Melo but not Nash? Are you RETARDED? Passing is our biggest weakness by far, our defense will be even with you guarding the PG position, Nash's defense will be no worries.

Our offense is the problem.

and LeBron doesn't hold the ball too long, you're 100% wrong. LeBron has high IQ and is always producing. This is a 6"8 265 lb PG/SG/SF guy who averages 27+ ppg and 7 + assist...get lost dude, Nash and LeBron would easily be the greatest passing duo and would get nothing but EASY shots for Miami being the elite passers they are, along with Wade who's a great passer also.

BALL MOVEMENT at its best folks, something Melo kills.