View Poll Results: Scale 1-10: What are the Knicks' chances of trading STAT?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll

3 16.67%

1 5.56%

3 16.67%

2 11.11%

3 16.67%

0 0%

1 5.56%

3 16.67%

0 0%

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Offered STAT To Golden State

Default Knicks Offered STAT To Golden State

@SGregory151: @alanhahn Broussard just said the Knicks offered Amare 2 Golden State but GS didnt want 2 hear it.

I don't reckon!

Wow...if that's true...

Veteran

Ironic if the deal was for DLee. If a bad team like GS won't take him I'd say the chances of moving him are slim.

Golden State sees the Knicks......and then they still see the Face of Lin still hunting them. Now they have to throw money at his feet during free agency to have him back

But i dont blame the GSW, smart move on not taking stoudemire, they have a perfectly fine PF in david Lee, there is no need for them to take on Amare's contract if Bogut comes back healthy they will be in great shape LEE is the perfect complement to a player like Bogut.

if this is true that we are willing to trade Amare this off-season.... all i have to say is

Then again Broussard is full of crap half the time so.. dont get your hopes up

EDIT* here is the video if anyone is intrigued by this

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; May 25, 2012 at 03:51.

At this point, we might have to PAY the bobcats to take him off our hands...

gsw seem like such an odd choice to try to move Amare. Neither teams roster has what the other team is looking for. However considering they moved monta ellis for Bogut who can't even finish a season healthy (j/k... but not really) maybe the Knicks thought they could hoodwink them...

Either way I am surprised by it, lets see if any deal goes through. grunwald still hasnt been raped in a trade as GM so I have hope it wont happen.

I still think Philly bites due to the amnesty they still have. They send Iggy and the Vucevic and then Amnesty Brand (freeing up about 13 million in cap space for them) and the knicks save about 6 million that allows them to keep the roster they have now. Hell Odom in NY would help replace Amares size as well. Vucevic could be kept or moved for a pick or they could probably move Jerome Jordan for a late first as well.
    Last edited by Wargames; May 25, 2012 at 05:30.

Superstar

God i hope this isn't true, am i the only one, in here who still thinks, STAT has something left.C'mon knicks, give it one year to see if they can co-exist.

Superstar

Originally Posted by fender0577
    God i hope this isn't true, am i the only one, in here who still thinks, STAT has something left.C'mon knicks, give it one year to see if they can co-exist.
    Agreed. I'm with ya. I refuse to believe that he and Melo can't work here. Nonsense -- from Amar'e, to Melo, to all the other players, to the coaching staff....YOU MAKE IT WORK!!! End of story. I think Woody will figure it all out.

Provided we tweak this roster the right way (I think an infusion of young/inexpensive/hungry talent to help reconstruct the bench is the way to go myself), I think we could be primed for major improvement next year -- as in a 50+ win season, 5th seed in the playoffs (hopefully higher), winning a 1st round playoff series, etc.. That's what I'm looking forward to.

I really hope this isn't true. i don't want a fallout between STAT and the knicks before the season even starts. Woody and these knicks haven't even had a full training camp yet because of D'ants and the lockout. I say leave this team together for one more season. I think everyone here can agree that if Woodson was our head coach from the start, we definitely would've been at least a 5th seed (and thats worst case scenario)

There have been some flashes of brilliance with this duo together, check out game 4 vs the heat if you don't remember.

____
    *EDIT
    Almost_Famous your sig is hilarious.

Veteran

It's really sick to sometimes face up the truth of just how much better D.Lee would be for us than Amare.

The most unsung NYK travesty.

The performance....the fit....the salary.....

Meanwhile we have a veritable Rashard Lewish'esque albatross, and a guy who is the pink elephant in the living room on our team.

Yes, Amare could have a bit of a renaissance in his game. But it could also get worse. Much worse.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I believe Amare does have something left, in reality he would still be a 20+ ppg 8 rebound guy if Melo was NOT on the knicks. He may not be as consistent as we was when he first came here to the Knicks, but i still believe he can put up those numbers.

Me personally i just don't think Melo/Amare tandem fits well, i know they have had their moments where they showed they were capable of working together but on a night after night after night basis i just don't see their games complimenting each other. You throw Lin in the mix and we have 3 guys who thrive with the ball in their hands.

I mainly want Stat gone because of his uninsured contract and history of injuries, i don't really have anything against him.. sure we all joke around in the Game threads about Amare, but it's his contract thats irks the hell out of me. I rather just build the roster off (LIN, CHANDLER, MELO) that way we have more cap space and capable of putting together a deeper bench, instead of trying to live off VET MIN players for the next 3 years.

Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; May 25, 2012 at 10:42.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Wargames
    gsw seem like such an odd choice to try to move Amare. Neither teams roster has what the other team is looking for. However considering they moved monta ellis for Bogut who can't even finish a season healthy (j/k... but not really) maybe the Knicks thought they could hoodwink them...

Either way I am surprised by it, lets see if any deal goes through. grunwald still hasnt been raped in a trade as GM so I have hope it wont happen.

I still think Philly bites due to the amnesty they still have. They send Iggy and the Vucevic and then Amnesty Brand (freeing up about 13 million in cap space for them) and the knicks save about 6 million that allows them to keep the roster they have now. Hell Odom in NY would help replace Amares size as well. Vucevic could be kept or moved for a pick or they could probably move Jerome Jordan for a late first as well.
    Might have traded Iggy if they didn't make the playoffs but their surprising playoff performance probably means they won't make any major moves like trading Iggy.

Knicks is offering the wrong player. From what I heard, GSW wants Lin, not Amare.

Originally Posted by Ghostowl
    At this point, we might have to PAY the bobcats to take him off our hands...
    How funny!

I do believe in giving the present team a chance, not trading anyone away. But if I have to agree on a trade it would have to be Amare, only because he is paid too much for what he is producing and because of his unprofessional fire extinguisher incident.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Might have traded Iggy if they didn't make the playoffs but their surprising playoff performance probably means they won't make any major moves like trading Iggy.
    Iggy has had some bad games this playoff. Also they don't have the money to keep a player like Lou williams right now unless they amnesty brand anyway and they were trying to make that trade when they were at the number 1 seed. I still say they could do it just for the star power alone (AI visiting them in the playoffs got more national press than anythijg else this playoffs).