Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taking a Stand Against MeloWoodyBall

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    I have watched quite a few Spurs games and I am as puzzled as you are about their continuing success in the tough Western division.

Duncan is immobile. Parker hogs ball almost as much as Melo. Their scrubs were obtained from dumpsters but the minute they put on the Spurs uniform, they transformed into a team player and sharp shooter.

Maybe we should've hired someone from Spurs' coaching staff instead of Woody.
    I've watched them in the opening games of the WCF, and all I can say is......DANGER! And Stephen Jackson, what the ****ery!? They bring him back and he becomes a workhorse on a tight leash. Coach Pop is that team's figurehead, and they know what they're doing under his banner.

Impressive.

I can't say that I see a whole lot of similarities to D'Antoni's overall philosophy, but the offense, at times, is very similar and well executed by all involved. Parker has been the catalyst of its fluidity - Ginobili......what can I say? Hoop god.

Originally Posted by VeryGundy
    I have watched quite a few Spurs games and I am as puzzled as you are about their continuing success in the tough Western division.

Duncan is immobile. Parker hogs ball almost as much as Melo. Their scrubs were obtained from dumpsters but the minute they put on the Spurs uniform, they transformed into a team player and sharp shooter....
    Tony Parker Bros is a true point guard. he is SUPPOSED to hog the ball, he either shoots, drives or passes, most of the time successfully, which is why the Spurs are a winning team. Duncan is not immobile, he had one of the biggest jams of the season over Oblocka last night, he does what needs to be done, as determined by a very smart head coach. the Spurs are a team concept in motion, the blueprint for (continued) success.