Guard-less Knicks won?t call Iverson

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'd sign him any day of the week...

... on 2k13.

LMAO!!!!! :teeth:

Personally, I think AI is done and will be a terrible fit for this team especially if JR resigns with us. Too many ball-stoppers between STAT, Melo, AI and JR. Plus, at 36 years old, his lateral and vertical athleticism has got to be horrendous.

Judge for yourselves guys, here's a a little highlight of him from the lockout.

tiger0330

Legend
If he's willing to come off the bench, I'd say it's a win-win

But he' probably not willing to.
That was his problem in Detroit and Memphis, he didn't want to come off the bench. Maybe for the min it's not a risk but maybe Grunwald heard he wants to start or he wants more than a min 1 year deal.

Let's get real though, he's 36 hasn't played in the NBA for a couple of seasons, I doubt he can help the Knicks.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Do we not remember Steve Francis? Let's be a better franchise and stop getting guys like this. Iverson as great as he has been in his career he is now a has been.

fender0577

Rotation player
We already have Allen Iverson...Carmelo Anthony.We need defenders, and rebounders, not scorers people.Did we not learn anything, these past few years under C'ANToni?Playoff basketball is about defense, who in the hell is 36 year old A.I, gonna guard?I'm sorry, but i want to start building around defense, but that's just me.

Crazy⑧s;237164 said:
How long has he been out of the game?

I've never liked him as far as his narcissism goes.

That whole ' MVPs don't come off the bench ' when he was in Detroit.........Just embarrassing.

Is he another multi-millionaire baller that went broke?

Pound 4 pound A.I. is better than Lebron, Shaq, Bird...

Don't forget that he's 5'11, 165 lbs. What he has done (and the way he has done it) is unmatched in ball-history.

And let's be real: Stuckey is trash and didn't deserve to start over A.I.

Even Shaq admitted that Iverson was the greatest player in the 2Ks pound 4 pound.

I know he's old, but he's still better than every PG we've had for the last 5-6 years (Lin aside).

nyk_nyk

All Star
If you guys think Douglas is worthy of minutes over AI then you're insane. Signing him wouldn't be a risk at all since the contract is the minimum and non-guaranteed.

It's getting more obvious that the NBA has silently banned him. If Curry could get signed by MIA after years of his crap then you know something is up.

fender0577

Rotation player
If you guys think Douglas is worthy of minutes over AI then you're insane. Signing him wouldn't be a risk at all since the contract is the minimum and non-guaranteed.

It's getting more obvious that the NBA has silently banned him.If Curry could get signed by MIA after years of his crap then you know something is up.
Eddie curry is a 29 year old 7 footer, while A.I, is a 36 year old 5'10 gunner way past his prime, you do the math.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Eddie curry is a 29 year old 7 footer, while A.I, is a 36 year old 5'10 gunner way past his prime, you do the math.
Nash is older and less athletic, and is one of the top PGs in the game.

If A.I. is signed before the season, it wouldn't take long, if it any time at all, to get back into the shape he needs to be.

His contract wouldn't hurt us. What would he actually disrupt? He knows exactly what role he'd be getting, and he NEVER had any problems with his teammates.

fender0577

Rotation player
Nash is older and less athletic, and is one of the top PGs in the game.

If A.I. is signed before the season, it wouldn't take long, if it any time at all, to get back into the shape he needs to be.

His contract wouldn't hurt us. What would he actually disrupt? He knows exactly what role he'd be getting, and he NEVER had any problems with his teammates.
understood, but Nash game was never really based on athletics, while A.I's game was always based off speed, and at 36, IDK if he still has it, even if he gets in tip top shape(which he has never done).The first thing to go, in athletes is speed, and i think he's done.When you talk about he'll know his role, are you joking, he wants a lot of shots, and that's about it.No thanks.

tiger0330

Legend
^^ I remember the Houston Rockets were desperate to get a PG in 2005 and they brought in 38 year old Rod Strickland a month or two into the season. Rod hadn't played in about a year after being cut the prior season, he was old and slow, couldn't stop anyone. They cut him after a few games.

I think they had Strickland signed to a couple of 10 day contracts before they cut him. When Grunwald says AI is too risky, it leads me to believe he wants more than a minimum deal.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
this situation is different. AI can't have an ego here bc he's getting vet minimum. He'd be stupid to have an attitude about coming off the bench esp since no one wants him.

Then again, we've seen athletes make stupid decisions before. (cough cough, sprewell)

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
This article still makes me so upset.

We are chasing Nash and going to offer him a crazy amount of money when we can sign Allen Iverson, who is arguably better than Nash, for a fraction of the cost with no guaranteed contract?

How could we not sign Iverson for 1 year?

This is a mind boggling decision. The upside is just too high!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yo! Ai was done three years ago. To my mind, one of the.most overrated players in NBA history. Terrible end to a incredibly inefficient career. He should take it to.China if he is broke.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This article still makes me so upset.

We are chasing Nash and going to offer him a crazy amount of money when we can sign Allen Iverson, who is arguably better than Nash, for a fraction of the cost with no guaranteed contract?

How could we not sign Iverson for 1 year?

This is a mind boggling decision. The upside is just too high!
I was thinking about this if Dolan forced a trade that sent Shumpert to the Suns. Iverson should 100% be called, unless they want decent PGs instead of legends who are gonna show up in the regular and post-season.

clumsy

Rotation player
This can't work with Amare and his rotating door defense and lack of rebounding instincts. If we had Tyson and another defensive/rebounding PF, I wouldn't be opposed to letting AI get some minutes chucking as a 6th man.

AI worked in Philly because his entire team was great defenders and rebounders.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Seriously this is ridiculous. This is him from 2010, and he's still got moves NOW. Stop wasting time with these guys who we'd have to trade, overpay, or whatever for.

clumsy

Rotation player
Seriously this is ridiculous. This is him from 2010, and he's still got moves NOW. Stop wasting time with these guys who we'd have to trade, overpay, or whatever for.

AI's last meaningful year in the NBA he had the following stats

.417 FG% (Awful)
.333 3pt% (not good enough JR Smith is better)
4 Assists to 2.28 TO's

No thank you.