Stat will be a force next season!

New New York

Quiet Storm
I am going out on a limb here!

That's right with a new trade thread for Amare appeaing on this site each week and people writting him off after a weak season posting 17 pts 7 rebs and 1 blk (not bad if he was not signed to a 100 million dollar deal!)

So here is my logic as to why Stat not only can, but will bounce back next year

1.He is a worker- this is the best trait of an athlete, it can not be taught and it is the difference between Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry! both players came into the league the exact same year, on the same team and given the same opportunity and one a NBA champion the other is literally D League material! Major difference is simply work ethic and Stat is the hardest worker we have on our team next to Shump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRyafRf583Y

2. Woody is back-Stat's ppg did not go up under Woodson but his shooting pct. was through the roof! Stat was shooting just 45% on pace to be his lowest of his career right before Dantoni was fired, he ends up shooting 48% that means he had to have shot somewhere around 60+% or better to climb that high in less than 20 (a hand full under Dantoni and the 15 or so under Woody).

Woody is not going to have Amare shooting off the screen jump shots! He is an old school guy who likes his big men in the post, and say what you like Amare's strength and athleticism can not be questioned, he will thrive playing in the post doing what he did last year, getting fouled going to the line and/or finishing everything around the rim and using the Jumper simply as a weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eNVL5c5WRs

3.He and Melo will play better together- This playoff series against Mia. taught Melo something...he can't do it on his own! Melo has surprised me this season with his playmaking ability and I think the combination of the revelation about needing support and his ability to really find his teamates will have him dumping to Amare more.....and the 2 of them actually play a lot better off each other than people realize.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdDQ-snTQxU

4.Lin and he will establish a pick and roll-Lin is coming back and while there are aspects of Lin's game I do not like, I love his ability to run the pick and roll! But here is the caveat.....Lin has to become a better shooter! Why the Pick and Roll worked so well for Nash and Amare (or even Duhon and Lee) is that your PG has to be able to hit a shot or teams will double down on the roller and dare the PG to shoot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_66WoLbSuc

New New York

Quiet Storm
I'm not doubting his talent in offense. I'm worried about his injuries and defense.

you're spot on with the injuries, I mean before last year he never really had re-occurring injuries, yet his back has caused him to miss twice in the past 2 years. So I am too a little worried there, although he has not had to have surgery just tons of rehab.

Defensively, he will never be Oakley but like Bosh if he his put into a system that does defend he'll be presentable on D.

Paul1355

All Star
Stat has to be better on defense and go after rebounds like a beast. I have seen him dominate on the boards but it is like he only does well on the boards when he really wants to, usually when he is angry or something.

Hopefully the missing links are a good coach in Woodson and a good PG in Lin. Pray

nyk_nyk

All Star
Until Amare develops an efficient post game, I can't see him being a "force". His game is too reliant on others having to assist him. Also, he doesn't exhibit a killer mentality for a max player.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I just watched a Knicks-Raptors gamewhich was about the 4th game into the Woody era and almost everyone on the team was excellent on defense. STAT was horrible though! He was letting everybody by to get easy dunks, even a 50% Bargnani!!! And that was the fricken raptors! I dunno if this guy can ever get it together on defense consistently.....

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
not gonna happen,.

1) he is a poor defender fundamentally and psychologically, and can't change that.
2) his best asset is his pick and roll execution, which becomes extinct with Melo on the floor.

Wargames

Starter
Idk man I actually believe Amare is going to rebound into a 20/8 level player again (He was 17/7 this year but too few fans realize that and act like he was 7/7) and I just question if he can get that regularly when playing on a team with Melo and Tyson. Both those guys games (Melo needing so many touches of the ball, and tyson defending the paint which results in clogging lanes) hurts Amare's game. Also Lin can run the PnR but he is a scoring PG too so feeding Amare shouldn't be lin's only role.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
How do you call a PF who averages less than 10 boards/game? SF.

IMO you guys are getting too pumped up. Amare bragged about him being a force before this season and it had nothing to do with reality. Dude's known of his fake hustle. I ain't going to get my hopes high until I see him defending and grabbing boards.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Amar'e's only hope of earning his paycheck in New York is to play from the second unit and become a Manu Ginobili.

He won't make baskets in the first unit, not enough to warrant the dollars.

From the 6th man, he will slam dunk and have more freedom with less overlap with Melo.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The only way I see Amar'e winning back his torn reputation is if he becomes excellent at what he's hopeless at:

Rebounding and defense.

Good f*cking luck to all of those that care.

Kiyaman

Legend
The only thing stopping Amare from being Amare on the Knicks is the teams Melo-rule.
If Amare was able to keep Felton & W.Chandler (2 starters) on the team when we
added Melo there would be no Melo-rule.

According to a person familiar with direct knowledge of the situation,
Anthony has been too obsessed with his points while using his star-status to
finger-pointing on repeat losses. Stoudemire is too damn concerned about
Anthony taking over the coaches offense by being Dolan's product.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The only thing stopping Amare from being Amare on the Knicks is the teams Melo-rule.
If Amare was able to keep Felton & W.Chandler (2 starters) on the team when we
added Melo there would be no Melo-rule.

You need a link for that quote, Kiya.

LV&C

Benchwarmer
If I am an employer and Melo and Amare are my employees, I would expect too much contribution from these two considering I'm playing them too much money. No excuses. But hey, I am not their employer, just one of the spectators.

Kiyaman

Legend
Crazy⑧s;237351 said:
You need a link for that quote, Kiya.

I wish I could....but I get free box-seat tickets 5 times a season for Knicks/Rangers games.
The best fact of the situation I could give is Donnie Walsh bought tickets for Amare to come
to N.Y., compared to owner Dolan flying Melo into N.Y. on one of Dolan's luxury Jets (huge difference).

Before the deadline Knicks startin lineup were Felton, Fields, Chandler, Gallo, Stat, 6th-TD,
7th-injury prone Turiaf, Williams.
After the trade deadline Knicks starters were Billups, Fields, Melo, Stat, Shelton.

According to a person familiar with direct knowledge of the situation,
Anthony has been too obsessed with his points while using his star-status to
finger-pointing on repeat losses. Stoudemire is too damn concerned about
Anthony taking over the coaches offense by being Dolan's product.

Kiyaman

Legend
If I am an employer and Melo and Amare are my employees, I would expect too much contribution from these two considering I'm playing them too much money. No excuses. But hey, I am not their employer, just one of the spectators.

That all depends on how your bussiness is run.....coach Pop is the President, Duncan vice President, and Parker manager in charge of running the same-page plan of President coach Pop.

Our president the last year and a half has been ISO-Melo who ego has been that of the employer not the employee.

I thought Woodson would become our President with Billups as our vice President in charge of managers Stat & Melo getting on the same-page.
I was looking foward to seeing Billups screaming at Stat & Melo sissy performance in the 2011-12 season....those who remember the 2003 postseason Pistons down 1-3 vs Orlando Magic. The 5th game was the turn around of that series when Big-Shot Billups went on screaming tear on Okur, Big-Ben, and Prince in the 2nd quarter. The new contender Pistons were born in the 2nd half of game 5 in that series, the Pistons won that series 4-3....with Prince & Billups shutting down high scoring Tracy McGrady. On draft night the Pistons refuse to select the NCAA MVP Championship player Carmelo Anthony with their pick.

Wargames

Starter
That all depends on how your bussiness is run.....coach Pop is the President, Duncan vice President, and Parker manager in charge of running the same-page plan of President coach Pop.

Our president the last year and a half has been ISO-Melo who ego has been that of the employer not the employee.

I thought Woodson would become our President with Billups as our vice President in charge of managers Stat & Melo getting on the same-page.
I was looking foward to seeing Billups screaming at Stat & Melo sissy performance in the 2011-12 season....those who remember the 2003 postseason Pistons down 1-3 vs Orlando Magic. The 5th game was the turn around of that series when Big-Shot Billups went on screaming tear on Okur, Big-Ben, and Prince in the 2nd quarter. The new contender Pistons were born in the 2nd half of game 5 in that series, the Pistons won that series 4-3....with Prince & Billups shutting down high scoring Tracy McGrady. On draft night the Pistons refuse to select the NCAA MVP Championship player Carmelo Anthony with their pick.

Come on man the pistons not picking Melo in tye draft that year was one of the biggest mistakes the pistons franchise ever made and any/every piston fan will tell you that. Also Billups wouldn't have been of been able to get through to anyone with passive agressive pringles as Head Coach.

Melo is a ball hog obviously but he wasn't nor is he the knicks biggest problem.