We should be pretty good next year, right??

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
On the strength of our starting 5 of...

C- Tyson Chandler
PF- Amare Stoudemire (assuming he's with us)
SF- Carmelo Anthony
SG- Iman Shumpert
PG- Jeremy Lin

I think we'll be pretty good. That is, assuming everyone is healthy and in peak physical condition. We need our guys to play up to their full potential. We need to play pick n roll basketball with Lin and our bigs coupled with Melo's elbow/iso game and looks in the post. We need to make sure to make the defense pay with timely, consistent shooting from our shooters in the starting lineup and guys off the bench.

Let's say we come back with..

Josh Harrelson
Steve Novak
Lamar Odom
Landry Fields
Mike Bibby
Jared Jeffries
Drafted player A
Drafted player B
Drafted player C

Assuming JR Smith walks and Fields works on his outside shooting and becomes a stopper on the defensive end, we should be fine at the G-F position off the bench IMO. Fields is too smart and cares too much about playing well. He should be able to be a sixth or seventh man type. Fields should definitely not start.

That said , Shumpert is on the cusp of becoming a legit NBA starter, as long as he stays healthy, for the next 5-7 seasons. He's shown improvement on his outside shooting after working with Allan Houston. We know he can defend well. He's pesky as hell on the defensive end. He needs to finish better in traffic at the rim and he'll have the foundation needed to play at the 2 as a starter consistently.

Between Jorts, Fields, Odom (assuming we get him) and the best 3 ball launcher in the league in Novak, we should be pretty good off the bench. All of the above guys should be able to make shots and defend (with the exception of Novak who is not a good defender).

I really think Jorts is a legit back up center in the league. We need not look elsewhere in this area. Odom can play center when we go small. I really like what our bench looks like and the way they could mix with guys in the starting lineup. Jeffries is solid defender, individually and team-wise.

I don't feel at all like we should be looking to make too many changes in this offseason. I want us to develop chemistry. Bring in Odom, make a few smart draft picks, let guys get healthy and lets rock with what we have.

This is a good team.

Also, people like to say Melo isn't in great shape but I don't believe this is the case. He doesn't have to be ripped to be in top condition. Look at Iverson, not musular at all but could run all day. Look at tennis players.. None of those guys are muscle types, but they can run you. I can't recall one time this season that I saw Melo looking winded. He played big minutes while carrying the load during the latter part of the season. Melo just has a sort of Barkley body type. Was Barkley ever out of shape during his career? Melo is in his prime. Stop with the out of shape nonsense. He'll be fine.

We need a ..

25 ppg, 7 rbg, 4apg

.. type of season from Melo next year.

We need Lin to stay healthy and put up..

16 ppg, 8 apg, 3 rpg & 2 spg

We need Shumpert to stay healthy as well and put up..

17 ppg, 4 apg & 5 rpg

If Amare can average..

18 ppg, 9rpg & get 2 bpg

.. and stay healthy into the playoffs that will bode extremely well for us. Coach Woodson needs to monitor Amare's minutes throughout the season. He needs to treat him something like Popovich treats Duncan. Amare cannot hold up for a whole season playing 35 mpg anymore IMO.

Tyson just needs to be himself. He's our most consistent player on and off the court, the real backbone of our franchise.

10 ppg, 11 rpg and 3 bpg..

should do it.

Again, this squad is primed for a solid season next year if all of the above can stay healthy, develop chemistry and perform well in their roles next season.

I hope we don't make too many changes and I look forward to seeing them do battle under Woodson's guidance. Peace.

rono

Last edited:

Bunta

Benchwarmer
I totally agree, Amare is a concern as is Shump returning well from his surgery but I think we can be a top 4 seed for the play offs next season.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I doubt Shump will be available when the season starts, but if we can get a legit backup PG and some more players that can give us good production off the bench, i feel we will be in good shape.

-We will have a full training camp

-Woodson has time to make the offense work and, insert his different schemes for this team.

-Carmelo/Amare should have better chemistry (no more excuses) "Lockout" , "still rehabbing from back" , "NO PG", "New coach" etc etc no more excuses it's time to step up and be one of the top Teams in the NBA.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Next Year

Stats

Anthony- 26ppg, 8rpg, 4apg
Lin- 14ppg, 8apg
Stoudemire- 19ppg, 11rpg(wishful thinking), 2bpg(wishful thinking)
Chandler- 9ppg, 12rpg, 2bpg
Shumpert- 12ppg, 2.5spg

after those 5 I really dont know who'll be our 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th men but yeah I think we mesh fine. Woodson puts in a potent defensive gameplan and hopefully adds some unique offensive sets mainly Lin and Melo running pick n roll with STAT and Chandler and STAT and Melo posting up and getting to the line

50-32 is my goal

Kiyaman

Legend
u right, with our star players being in their 2nd season together we should start next season off as a .600+ team.
This offseason we will find out how these new CBA rules affect our big $$$ spending Dolan.

C- Tyson Chandler (have to take over leadership of the team for Lin's sake)
PF- Amare Stoudemire (will he workout with the team in offseason)
SF- Carmelo Anthony (will he play team-ball, and stop pissin-off all his teammates)
SG- Landry Fields (a must resign)
PG- Jeremy Lin (a must resign)

Jerome Jordan
Josh Harrelson
Steve Novak
Jared Jeffries
Toney Douglas (will find his confidence on the next team, he's not a bum)
Iman Shumpert (out untill 2013-14 season)
??? (trade for Toney Douglas on draft night-Guard)
??? (draft pick-Guard)
??? (hopefully the MLE-Guard)
??? (summer league pickup-Guard)
??? (walking FA-Guard)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

C- Tyson Chandler
SF- Carmelo Anthony
SG- Iman Shumpert
PG- Jeremy Lin

I think we'll be pretty good. That is, assuming everyone is healthy and in peak physical condition. We need our guys to play up to their full potential. We need to play pick n roll basketball with Lin and our bigs coupled with Melo's elbow/iso game and looks in the post. We need to make sure to make the defense pay with timely, consistent shooting from our shooters in the starting lineup and guys off the bench.

Agreed! Plenty of promise for us. We'll be very dependent on the health of our frontline - STAT, Tyson, Melo, frankly because we need at least half a season to formulate some continuity and the cognitive plays required to optimize the 3 offensively.

Shump is a concern for me. Yes, he's young, but he's proven to be rather weak below the thigh as we all know.

Lin's contract's structure plays in to our favor as far as he alone is concerned. I'm fully convinced that Colan will pay the 2nd tier luxury tax once it's implemented. On the flip-side of that situation however, the league holds our nuts in its hand as far as the ruling for or against players being picked up off of waivers goes in our favor.

That's massive for us.

Josh Harrelson
Steve Novak
Lamar Odom
Landry Fields
Mike Bibby
Jared Jeffries
Drafted player A
Drafted player B
Drafted player C

I think, albeit an assumption, Odom's yet another player using the NY media to keep himself at the forefront of GM's minds whilst out of work.

Assuming JR Smith walks and Fields works on his outside shooting and becomes a stopper on the defensive end, we should be fine at the G-F position off the bench IMO. Fields is too smart and cares too much about playing well. He should be able to be a sixth or seventh man type. Fields should definitely not start.

That said , Shumpert is on the cusp of becoming a legit NBA starter, as long as he stays healthy, for the next 5-7 seasons. He's shown improvement on his outside shooting after working with Allan Houston. We know he can defend well. He's pesky as hell on the defensive end. He needs to finish better in traffic at the rim and he'll have the foundation needed to play at the 2 as a starter consistently.

Fields has proven he's no more than a 7-8 spot bench player. I'm frustrated as **** with him. We'll only get the best out of him with a facilitating bench PG that likes to run. I'd really like to see us bring in a 2nd unit that runs, BTW, and we need a reliable backup to Chandler to throw in to that mix. Jorts has proven he has the mind to do so, but not the body.

I'd love to keep Novak, but he tends to only play best when other legitimate threats are on the floor, again adding to the mounting pressure of this facking league ruling, and also adding to the import of building a dependable second unit, starting at the 1. Extending Douglas' $2M contract was a spaz move, seriously, and we could have let him walk and add someone who can see peripherally.

Between Jorts, Fields, Odom (assuming we get him) and the best 3 ball launcher in the league in Novak, we should be pretty good off the bench. All of the above guys should be able to make shots and defend (with the exception of Novak who is not a good defender).

I really think Jorts is a legit back up center in the league. We need not look elsewhere in this area. Odom can play center when we go small. I really like what our bench looks like and the way they could mix with guys in the starting lineup. Jeffries is solid defender, individually and team-wise.

I don't see us adding Odom, as I said, and am a little concerned about Jorts fitness, but you're right. He is a heady player and an offensive threat in a well spaced offense. His defense is surprising as you wouldn't expect someone as lumbering as him to move well laterally. That timing is indicative of his defensive IQ, the end where we'll need him the most.

How much does Jefferies have left in the tank?

I don't feel at all like we should be looking to make too many changes in this offseason. I want us to develop chemistry. Bring in Odom, make a few smart draft picks, let guys get healthy and lets rock with what we have.

This is a good team.

Unfortunately, we may not have a choice in the matter. The league allegedly froze an envelope for us to help sway the future of the NBA toward one of the bigger markets in 1985. Will they help us out again this off-season?

Also, people like to say Melo isn't in great shape but I don't believe this is the case. He doesn't have to be ripped to be in top condition. Look at Iverson, not musular at all but could run all day. Look at tennis players.. None of those guys are muscle types, but they can run you. I can't recall one time this season that I saw Melo looking winded. He played big minutes while carrying the load during the latter part of the season. Melo just has a sort of Barkley body type. Was Barkley ever out of shape during his career? Melo is in his prime. Stop with the out of shape nonsense. He'll be fine.

I think the only disparity, excluding Barkely who's a freak, between the players you mentioned is Melo's weight. I can't claim to know too much about it, but I think some upper body strength and 5 KGs off will help him absolutely. He's bottom heavy and exploits it, I think some added muscle up top will help him with his somewhat limited explosiveness.

We need a ..

25 ppg, 7 rbg, 4apg

17 ppg, 4 apg & 5 rpg

If Amare can average..

18 ppg, 9rpg & get 2 bpg

.. and stay healthy into the playoffs that will bode extremely well for us. Coach Woodson needs to monitor Amare's minutes throughout the season. He needs to treat him something like Popovich treats Duncan. Amare cannot hold up for a whole season playing 35 mpg anymore IMO.

Tyson just needs to be himself. He's our most consistent player on and off the court, the real backbone of our franchise.

should do it.

86 points out of our starting line up would be very nice!!! 20 off the bench and we'd be doing extremely well. Under Woody, however, and the fact that we're less of a running team than the Hawks were, I think stopping opponents will take preference over all other strategies.

Woody still has a lot of offensive trials ahead for the coming season. I wonder if he'll tweak his supporting cast to help get it done? As far as I know Darrell Walker is no offensive expert.

Again, this squad is primed for a solid season next year if all of the above can stay healthy, develop chemistry and perform well in their roles next season.

I hope we don't make too many changes and I look forward to seeing them do battle under Woodson's guidance.

Absolutely. He made it abundantly clear in his speech at Chandler's DPOY award ceremony that defense will be the M.O, and Chandler will be the anchor of that.

Offensively, I think we all know what's required across the board, and it's encouraging to see that STAT and TC will be under Olajuwon's tutelage in the offseason. Melo will be playing team ball with USA, Lin is off to compete as a member of the select squad taking on the Olympians, Shump can only rest.

Thus far, they're the only guaranteed Knicks, IMO, for a season that is so, so f'ing far away!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This offseason we will find out how these new CBA rules affect our big $$$ spending Dolan.

Precisely. If they are in our favor, Dolan's only hope of delivering some sort of legacy as owner of the Knicks will be decided by how much of his father's money he's willing to spend. What a little c*nt.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

C- Tyson Chandler
SF- Carmelo Anthony
SG- Iman Shumpert
PG- Jeremy Lin

I think we'll be pretty good. 1. That is, assuming everyone is healthy and in peak physical condition. We need our guys to play up to their full potential. We need to play pick n roll basketball with Lin and our bigs coupled with Melo's elbow/iso game and looks in the post. We need to make sure to make the defense pay with timely, consistent shooting from our shooters in the starting lineup and guys off the bench.

Josh Harrelson
Steve Novak
Lamar Odom
Landry Fields
Mike Bibby
Jared Jeffries
Drafted player A
Drafted player B
Drafted player C

This is a good team.

We need a ..

25 ppg, 7 rbg, 4apg

2. 17 ppg, 4 apg & 5 rpg

If Amare can average..

18 ppg, 9rpg & get 2 bpg

10 ppg, 11 rpg and 3. 3 bpg..

should do it.

I hope we don't make too many changes and I look forward to seeing them do battle under Woodson's guidance. Peace.

rono

1. This is the problem with too many Knicks fans, we assume way too much. People just 'assumed' that it was a given Melo always plays better against Lebron and look how that turned out. Alot of Knicks fans 'assumed' our Big 3 should beat Boston prior to the start of the 2011 playoffs. We need to stop assuming and putting unrealistic expectations on the team, that's why we are so consistently disappointed. Look this team is good enough to win 50 games, so let's set that as a goal and not care how many ppg, rpg, etc each player gets.

2. Shumpert averaging 17ppg? Come on man your just reaching too far again.

3. His name is Tyson Chandler not Serge Ibaka. You need to realise just because you pumped up his stats from last year in your head, it's not a given he will achieve better this year.

Let's focus on more of a 'team' approach, not putting unrealistic expectations and individual player statistic requirements is a good way to keep unbiased and not dissapointed.

That roster and the projections are WAAAYYYY too optimistic. Not realistic at all. First of all, like others have said, you need to remove Shump. He's going to be out for most of next season. We'll get him back towards the end of the season, but he'll likely be doing limited minutes off the bench, or playing extremely rusty. He won't be back near his current level till 2013-2014. So you can forget about counting on him in 2012-2013. It's going to take him a year to heal, and another year to get his performance back, if he can. Novak may get a higher offer than we can match. Odom is not going to play for Vet. Min. with NY. He's using us to keep his name in the conversation and potentially drive up offers from other teams. We may even lose Landry Fields if other teams give him a higher offer than we can afford (we can't afford much if we have to stay under the apron to keep Lin). And assuming everyone is healthy and at peak condition is a HUGE assumption. And then you have to wonder about the basic spacing problems that means our guys may be incompatible. You've seen the trouble we've had fitting them all together. A training camp may fix that, or it may not, if the problem is fundamental in their play-styles. Next year is going to be a huge question mark. Too many questions looming, and we're going to lose a ton of depth from our bench. The original post is not realistic at all.

Jinki?s

Rookie
I think our starting 5 will be what we all expect. Directly after Woodson took over, we had those same starters for about 8 games. If I remember correctly, we won all those games (or 7/8) and in dominating fashion. Granted, our opponents weren't all that great but whatever it was nice to see everything flowing.

Our bench is something to worry about. JR Smith was our best player, but he was inconsistent. We need a good backup PG and a decent 3rd PG option because the way Lin plays, he could face a lot of injuries. Also, I don't like the idea of Odom being our go to big man on the bench. I don't want to hear excuses, he looked awful in Dallas. After resigning Lin, we need to focus on adding the RIGHT pieces to our bench.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
1. This is the problem with too many Knicks fans, we assume way too much. People just 'assumed' that it was a given Melo always plays better against Lebron and look how that turned out. Alot of Knicks fans 'assumed' our Big 3 should beat Boston prior to the start of the 2011 playoffs. We need to stop assuming and putting unrealistic expectations on the team, that's why we are so consistently disappointed. Look this team is good enough to win 50 games, so let's set that as a goal and not care how many ppg, rpg, etc each player gets.

2. Shumpert averaging 17ppg? Come on man your just reaching too far again.

3. His name is Tyson Chandler not Serge Ibaka. You need to realise just because you pumped up his stats from last year in your head, it's not a given he will achieve better this year.

Let's focus on more of a 'team' approach, not putting unrealistic expectations and individual player statistic requirements is a good way to keep unbiased and not dissapointed.

I like to make projections, nothing wrong with it. Focusing on a team approach is fine but making forcasts for individual stats is what we can do as fans.

It's partly about production though. I emphasized the need for chemistry and players to excel within their roles so it's not like I didn't touch on what's needed from a team perspective.

Listen noone thought Lin could put up numbers like he did, but here we all are knowing he can produce at a pretty good level.

Why can't Shumpert put up 17 ppg? Some people think he can be the next D Wade.. I really dont think my projections for what he can do are that unrealistic. Shumpert is a baller. He's gonna be good. When healthy he's gonna surprise some people. He could be better and do more than I've forcasted.

Re Chandler no one is saying anything is a given . But to me, the numbers I listed for him are totally reach/doable, easily.

Last edited:

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
"Bird" Rights...........

This Knicks team could become loaded next season if the arbitrator rules in favor of the "Bird" rights for Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak....... This provides cap leeway to attain more star players. Not to mention taking the load off of Lin, Carmelo, and Chandler...... All we need is someone to get under LeBron's skin, and also a rebounder extraordinaire, and this team could really do something...... Especially if Lin and Shump continue to improve, and the lesser workload keeps the players healthy.

Fat Elvis

Benchwarmer
This is how I see the starting five doing next year:

Melo: 24ppg, 7rpg, 3apg
Amare: 18ppg, 8rpg, 1bpg
Lin: 16ppg, 7apg, 2spg
Shump: 14ppg, 5rpg, 3.5apg, 2.2spg
Chandler: 11ppg, 10rpg, 1.5bpg

These would be great, balanced numbers from our starting 5. If Shump can continue his adequate outside shooting (say, 32% from 3 or better), our starting 5 will be in great shape.

I think chemistry will improve significantly over the summer, even with Shump out for training camp - Melo and Amare will figure things out well enough. I expect Amare to rebound slightly, but don't think he'll ever be back to his previous mvp-contender levels. Having Woody back and this starting 5 will provide continuity and opportunity for increased chemistry, which are two of the things the Knicks need most.

The biggest question in my mind is who their bench will be. This will be largely decided by the arbitrator who will say whether Lin and Novak are entitled to "early bird rights". If he decides they are, this will free up the mid-level exception to sign JR or someone else. I think the priority is on a quality, pass-first point guard to back up Lin. We don't need Nash (nor can we afford him), but just a solid backup - there are a few out there, including Raymond Felton who I think would be great to have back.

IMO, Fields is the odd man out here. I like the guy, but I just don't think he's talented or clutch enough to pay him. I'd rather have JR and Novak backing up the SG and SF spots...

Red

TYPE-A

C- Tyson Chandler
SF- Carmelo Anthony
SG- Iman Shumpert
PG- Jeremy Lin

Josh Harrelson
Steve Novak
Lamar Odom
Landry Fields
Mike Bibby
Jared Jeffries
Drafted player A
Drafted player B
Drafted player C

This is a good team.

We need a ..

25 ppg, 7 rbg, 4apg

17 ppg, 4 apg & 5 rpg

If Amare can average..

18 ppg, 9rpg & get 2 bpg

should do it.

rono

No offense, but the first mistake you made was "assuming" evryone is healthy.

That really is in regard to Shump, who I believe tore his ACL for the 2nd time (not sure if its the same knee).

FYI- when ligaments stretch/rip or are torn, the likelihood of reoccurance is increased.

Shump showed potential in terms of filling a much needed hole- perimeter defense, and yet we still needed him to improve his outside shooting.

Without him being able to practice that; with Lins lack of ability to be a true contending team PG (crisp passing, decision making, putting up quality shots in the lane, and locking down when necessary); and with AMARE'S inability to stay healthy as the back injury flares up...

WE ARE DEAD MEAT. Not good, nor good enough. We are close yet so far. If someone NOT name Melo or Chandler ISN'T sacrificed by the deadline we will be dead. Its that simple.

Here's the formula (you compare what we have, had, or could get and decide):

1. A Knock-down shooter (able to create shots and take what the defense gives. His shots go in even with D, even when the entire building knows he's getting the rock. See Nowitzki, Bryant, Pierce)

2. A solid big/pg combo (CHAMPIONSHIP PG's make the right decisions, control the flow, get hot players the rock where hey want it, and knock down shots when needed. They also help their bigs by playing D. See Kidd, Rondo, Parker, and Fisher)

3. A solid bench that compliments the starters (Scoring boost, rebounding, defense... not as good as the starter but viable. See the ten past champion team's benches)

4. A solid coach (If D'Antoni was a genius what is Jackson, Pop, and Doc? See mad-rings)

5. Luck (Of course luck is involved but can't be relied upon. You could have all of te above and 1 major injury can sink a ship. They say luck is a byproduct of preparation. We shall see. I say do everything possible just in case luck isn't on our side.)

Now ask yourself... do you realy think we are close to the chip?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

That really is in regard to Shump, who I believe tore his ACL for the 2nd time (not sure if its the same knee).

FYI- when ligaments stretch/rip or are torn, the likelihood of reoccurance is increased.

Shump showed potential in terms of filling a much needed hole- perimeter defense, and yet we still needed him to improve his outside shooting.

Without him being able to practice that; with Lins lack of ability to be a true contending team PG (crisp passing, decision making, putting up quality shots in the lane, and locking down when necessary); and with AMARE'S inability to stay healthy as the back injury flares up...

WE ARE DEAD MEAT. Not good, nor good enough. We are close yet so far. If someone NOT name Melo or Chandler ISN'T sacrificed by the deadline we will be dead. Its that simple.

Here's the formula (you compare what we have, had, or could get and decide):

1. A Knock-down shooter (able to create shots and take what the defense gives. His shots go in even with D, even when the entire building knows he's getting the rock. See Nowitzki, Bryant, Pierce)

2. A solid big/pg combo (CHAMPIONSHIP PG's make the right decisions, control the flow, get hot players the rock where hey want it, and knock down shots when needed. They also help their bigs by playing D. See Kidd, Rondo, Parker, and Fisher)

3. A solid bench that compliments the starters (Scoring boost, rebounding, defense... not as good as the starter but viable. See the ten past champion team's benches)

4. A solid coach (If D'Antoni was a genius what is Jackson, Pop, and Doc? See mad-rings)

5. Luck (Of course luck is involved but can't be relied upon. You could have all of te above and 1 major injury can sink a ship. They say luck is a byproduct of preparation. We shall see. I say do everything possible just in case luck isn't on our side.)

Now ask yourself... do you realy think we are close to the chip?

I don't think we're that close to a chip.

I did not say that.

Every GM tries to do all they can to prepare for things unforseen, but luck is going to be a factor in any winning situation, and the amount of preparation that can be done around injuries is limited.

Whether luck plays a part or not we'll have to stay healthy in order to have a successful season that ends in more than a first playoff exit.

You first assume that players will get/be healthy in our case though because when you have this many guys banged up there's not much you can do to mitigate that kind of situation. No one wants injured players. You have to hope that they heal as quickly and efficiently as possible, and that the player isn't reinjured. Then you go from there.

Next, you seem to be all for trading Amare, but that will be very difficult for obvious reasons I think we're stuck with him.

You also seem to be underrating Lin, who when healthy is one of 10 best PG's in the league.

I do agree with you re our bench though. I think Odom would be a nice addition. Whether it's realistic or not that he'd come remains a question. He would help us though. He brings tangible, proven skills in multiple areas. We need that.

And on Woodson, I think he's a flawed coach. Like D'ant he ignores half of the basketball court. I'd love to have a great (complete) coach, but that aint gonna occur with this owner at the helm. We're screwed basically. Guys like Jackson and Pop need owners that will be hands off, like an owner should be. Dolan should stay out of the basketball decisions business and stick to doing his Oxy's

Paul1355

All Star
We should be better, everyone has to remember how many games we wasted with a lame duck coach in Mike D

Mike Woodson had a 18-6 record and we were top 3 in defensive efieciency.

If we had Woodson all year you could argue that we would be 5th to 3rd seed come playoff time

Losing Shump is a big lose so I hope we can have JR sign the player option or get a nice cheap outside shooter like Jodie Meeks to fill that spot and space the floor.

It all starts with Jeremy Lin, he is our Rajon Rondo, he has to facilitate an offense of players that are bad passers.

We need a decent backup PG so we always have a PG to facilitate the offense...no more combo pointguards like Douglas

Kiyaman

Legend

Real Talk ......
Rookie Shump was an athletic bum performing like a lost puppy in our rotation untill Lin-Sanity hit the seen. Shump poor performance wasnt even a candidate for the rookie all-star game.
Shump & Fields found their rythm & star-role in the lineup with PG-Lin (without Iso-Melo in the rotation). Add those 3 decent guard role-players with a DNP Novak & Jefferies whom Tyson Chandler co-exist best with in the frontcourt, and u have a 7 game winning streak without using 1 Iso-Melo play in 7 games. Plus rookie Shump shouldve never been a starter over Fields....Red Flag

As for a healthy Amare & healthy roster, that actually couldve been possible if Melo's groin-injury wouldve lasted as long as Derick Rose Groin-injury. Look how fast an injured Baron Davis healed during Lin-Sanity, and a injured side line Iso-Melo.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
This Knicks team could become loaded next season if the arbitrator rules in favor of the "Bird" rights for Jeremy Lin and Steve Novak....... This provides cap leeway to attain more star players. Not to mention taking the load off of Lin, Carmelo, and Chandler...... All we need is someone to get under LeBron's skin, and also a rebounder extraordinaire, and this team could really do something...... Especially if Lin and Shump continue to improve, and the lesser workload keeps the players healthy.
THIS^^^ rep, our season would go alot smoother is we can get the bird rights to Lin/Novak to help us obtain even better players in FA... the Lamar odoms, Steve nash, jason kidd, ray allen etc etc

orangeblobman

Rotation player
No, we won't be good, and I've outlined reasons for this in many threads.

Carmelo Sucks at Playing Team Ball

He doesn't understand the meaning of 'sacrifice'. That ESPN Face Off asked the wrong question, it should have been "how would you define Sacrifice?".

The answer would have been telling.

Woodson Sucks as a Coach

Dump the ball to Melo and to hell with it. Yea, it'll win you some games over a droopy season but he'll get exposed in the playoffs.

It's funny, we used to say the same thing about D'Antoni, but at least D'Antoni made it within a ****'s hair of the Finals, and had 50 and 60 win seasons every year for almost half a decade.

Mike Woodson averaged 34 wins over 6 years with the Hawks and only managed one 50 win season along with suffering a pair of magnificently violent beatings in the playoffs.

Jeremy Lin: Stunted and Blunted

Under D'Antoni, Jeremy Lin would have been the boss on the floor, orchestrating at his uninhibited will. But now the mindless focus on centering Melo will impede Lin's development.

Look for Lin to find a real team when he's 29 or 30, like Steve Nash. Then we will have Linsanity again.

Last edited: