Marcus Camby

Hayato

Benchwarmer
i think he'd be a huge energy boost to the garden. itd be awesome having him back and having him come off bench

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
It's simply impossible to bring him back to NY considering that despite his age he's still worth $7-9M/year which is way above what we can offer.

New New York

Quiet Storm
It's simply impossible to bring him back to NY considering that despite his age he's still worth $7-9M/year which is way above what we can offer.

No way Camby gets 7-9 million

I can see him coming to NY for the league minimum, he still has a lot of ties to the organization and of course he and Melo have a realationship from Den.

He'd basically be Jared Jefferies with the ability to finish.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator

I can see him coming to NY for the league minimum, he still has a lot of ties to the organization and of course he and Melo have a realationship from Den.

What about him and Dolan though? If they put the past behind him, then maybe we could get him. If we did, it'd be sick.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot

Camby made $9.2M this season and I don't think he'll take an $8M pay cut...

petescud

Starter
He still has a house in Ct so i can see him wanting back. My question is who's job is he taking. We need guards, and defense at the guard position

Rob Low

Rotation player

What? Who in their right mind would pay Camby 9 mill at this point in his career? He'll get 4 mill max

tiger0330

Legend
He still has a house in Ct so i can see him wanting back. My question is who's job is he taking. We need guards, and defense at the guard position
I thought he lived in Houston full time and he really wanted to stay with the Rockets because of it. The Rockets also want to keep him and move Dalembert.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I've been saying this guy is too old for the last 10 years.

So, I think he's too old.

But he'll probably play 'til he's 50 and swat 4 shots a game.

I've been saying this guy is too old for the last 10 years.

So, I think he's too old.

But he'll probably play 'til he's 50 and swat 4 shots a game.
He may be old (in NBA years) but he still manages to average at least 9 rpg and 1 bpg. Plus he would be coming off the bench after TC, if we managed to sign him cheap it would be a huge steal. But my gut tells me that there will be a team that will offer him a 4mil+ deal, which we can't afford.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
I prefer young blood. The NBA is evolving fast and filling our roster with mostly veterans won't work anymore. With this free agency and the options we have though I doubt we'll get it and have to settle for more veterans.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I prefer young blood. The NBA is evolving fast and filling our roster with mostly veterans won't work anymore. With this free agency and the options we have though I doubt we'll get it and have to settle for more veterans.

Nah, not even. Look at the Spurs!

Rob Low

Rotation player
cmon u cant discount their ridiculous success leading up to that

Im not discounting what they did. It was a great run but at the end of the day this is a young man's game now. Spurs are a much better xs and os team than the Thunder but OKC was just too fast and athletic for them

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Oh you mean the Spurs who were ran out the building by the much younger Thunder?

Dude! If the Knicks achieved even half of the success the Spurs had this season, you would be on the moon eating cheesecake.

The Thunder didn't exactly run them out of the building, neetha! The first game was close and it could have been a different series if the ball tips the other way a few times.

Celtics, old as balls, another example. Guys ran into LeBron. Talk to me when Carmelo takes the Knicks as far as the Old Balls of Boston took the Celts this season.

The truth is that TWO of the Final FOUR teams were Old as Balls.

We have a ton of youth in Lin and Melo is in that good young/experienced age. Bring more vets here if you want to have a chance at the second round.