Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marcus Camby

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    I prefer young blood. The NBA is evolving fast and filling our roster with mostly veterans won't work anymore. With this free agency and the options we have though I doubt we'll get it and have to settle for more veterans.
    Nah, not even. Look at the Spurs!

Superstar

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Nah, not even. Look at the Spurs!
    Oh you mean the Spurs who were ran out the building by the much younger Thunder?

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Oh you mean the Spurs who were ran out the building by the much younger Thunder?
    cmon u cant discount their ridiculous success leading up to that

Superstar

Originally Posted by Hayato
    cmon u cant discount their ridiculous success leading up to that
    Im not discounting what they did. It was a great run but at the end of the day this is a young man's game now. Spurs are a much better xs and os team than the Thunder but OKC was just too fast and athletic for them

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Dude! If the Knicks achieved even half of the success the Spurs had this season, you would be on the moon eating cheesecake.

The Thunder didn't exactly run them out of the building, neetha! The first game was close and it could have been a different series if the ball tips the other way a few times.

Celtics, old as balls, another example. Guys ran into LeBron. Talk to me when Carmelo takes the Knicks as far as the Old Balls of Boston took the Celts this season.

The truth is that TWO of the Final FOUR teams were Old as Balls.

We have a ton of youth in Lin and Melo is in that good young/experienced age. Bring more vets here if you want to have a chance at the second round.

the spurs would not have achieved what they did if they were in the eastern conference. Also, our team went through significant changes with our roster and a mid season coaching change, something the spurs did not. The Knicks had the heat in the first round, who btw won the championship, which was another stroke of bad luck. So we ran into Lebron too, just earlier than the Celtics. Only difference was half our roster was hurt, maybe more and we still were able to come away with one game.

In my opinion we could have beat any of the other teams had we faced them instead.

The only vets I would consider would be Ray Allen or Steve Nash, although I doubt they would sign even with an MLE.