Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JR Smith Price Tag dropping

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Checked out your MW3 blog. I just unearthed my old PS3 and bought MW3. I see what you're getting at with your Schwarzenegger method, but playing that way isn't crucial to winning in my case. I play Demolition, CTF, FFA, Team Defender and HCR TDM. I've found, after playing for about 3 hours all up, that the 'Lion's Approach' works for me.

Flank 'em and spank 'em.

Been on the winning team 7 times out of 10 average thus far, and have a K/D ratio of 2.5 to 1.

Are you PS3?

My ID is TC6_NYK.

Already racked up 10 Most Kills.
    Thanks for checking it out.

You get what it's all about. It's not the only way to play but it's a fun way and can be successful, that's all I'm trying to say. It's funny the parallel with D'Antoni's style and the Bang.

I've never had a 2.5 k/d in any mode, I think that's also an attribute that can lead to a lot of success, but I'm not sure that's the road for me and many other players.

I played PS3 many years but switched to Live last year. I had the same name on PS3.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Thanks for checking it out.

You get what it's all about. It's not the only way to play but it's a fun way and can be successful, that's all I'm trying to say. It's funny the parallel with D'Antoni's style and the Bang.

I've never had a 2.5 k/d in any mode, I think that's also an attribute that can lead to a lot of success, but I'm not sure that's the road for me and many other players.

I played PS3 many years but switched to Live last year. I had the same name on PS3.
    Sweet. I'm on LIVE too.. let's play a game or two, my man.

GAMERTAG: craptron

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Sweet. I'm on LIVE too.. let's play a game or two, my man.

GAMERTAG: craptron
    Hahaha, nice tag!

I'm adding you right now.

I am smokadeth.

It's also funny that a thread with "tag dropping" in the title turned to Call of Duty, where Kill Confirmed is my favorite game and I see dropped tags all over the place, even in my sleep and on the road!

Sometimes I will catch a fire hydrant out of the corner of my eye on the road and wish to lunge toward it.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

I play also gamertag : Knicks Are Back

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Anybody that doesn't want JR back should at least list players you like that we have a realistic chance to sign at the vets minimum.

We already have a thin roster and say what you want about JR but for his skill level we'd be getting a good deal to keep him. Yeah he's streaky but he's also a threat and has respect for Woodson. I think given a full season, Woody will help improve his shot selection.

JR had to do way more than needed with all the injuries, so i'm not ready to give up on the guy just yet. He has value and the knicks need that right now.

the guy is not a winner.......I will say it a milion times....His character is not one to be admired.....we need winners...dont ask me to list players...better yet lets stick with the losers of the nba and never get better...look at the unknown players in the conference finals....look at novak , look at lin....players are out there

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

What makes a winner Skisloper? I you don't mind me asking how are Lin and Novak winners?

Veteran

^^yeah, I'm interested in seeing his reply to this post too.

JR is the best option out there right now. We can't afford any of the really good free agents (D-Will, KG, Ray Allen, etc.) and most of the other guys really aren't worth looking at.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    the guy is not a winner.......I will say it a milion times....His character is not one to be admired.....we need winners...dont ask me to list players...better yet lets stick with the losers of the nba and never get better...look at the unknown players in the conference finals....look at novak , look at lin....players are out there
    I ask you and others to list players because its so easy to say you don't want a certain player back, but given our cap situation at least list a viable replacement for him that we can realistically get. That would make your case stonger. I think that's fair.

Also, I agree with 1985 and Baller. What makes a winner and how do Lin and Novak meet that criteria?

Veteran

Originally Posted by Knicks4Life_1985
    What makes a winner Skisloper? I you don't mind me asking how are Lin and Novak winners?
    Glad u asked....
    Would u rather have Lin or JR ?

The point that u keep missing is there are NBA players out there that just do not get a shot...Look at LIN, Look at Blair , Look at George Hill....

we fill the roster with guys like JR and we will get the same result over and over again......

A winner would be classified as a class act guy...not someone busy tweeting naked women, getting arrested for no liscense, tweeting after the worst playoff performance of his career good bye NY,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT DO U NOT GET.....
    That is not a guy with character or am I missing something ?

Veteran

In simpler words.....

Given the choice 6 months ago would u rather have Lin or JR ?

Are u telling me there are no more Lin's out there ?
    Something does tell me there are more JR;s out there who will chuck until u puke.

There is no such thing as a "winner" & a "loser". The right situation can make any player a "winner" & the wrong situation vice versa. Look at Steven Jackson now with the Spurs, dude is looking like a cold blooded assassin out there a key part to a potential championship winning formula. Over his career he's been widely known as a malcontent, difficult to coach & has had several run ins with teammates, coaches, refs & sometimes fans. Is he a winner or a loser? I think this might be a poor choice of words. Maybe what you're referring to is his questionable shot selection? Or the occasional lack of focus on the floor? There's no denying JR has a ton of talent. His shot selection definitely needs work & he needs to be more aware out on the floor, but at $2.5 million (if he does not opt out) it's going to be hard to find better options. Not sure if you could get this guy for that amount, but Shannon Browne might be a decent alternative that will bring a lot of the same types of high flying plays in transition.

Glad u asked....
    Would u rather have Lin or JR ?

The point that u keep missing is there are NBA players out there that just do not get a shot...Look at LIN, Look at Blair , Look at George Hill....

we fill the roster with guys like JR and we will get the same result over and over again......

A winner would be classified as a class act guy...not someone busy tweeting naked women, getting arrested for no liscense, tweeting after the worst playoff performance of his career good bye NY,,,,,,,,,,,WHAT DO U NOT GET.....
    That is not a guy with character or am I missing something ?
    So you're saying a winner is determined by what they do off the court??? LOL. Sorry man but that makes no sense. All I care about is them laying it out on the court for THIS team.

Do some research and you will find plenty of people you deem "class act" as having run ins with the law and other off-court issues at one point or another. Your winners vs losers argument is full of fluff and dated.

In simpler words.....

Given the choice 6 months ago would u rather have Lin or JR ?

Are u telling me there are no more Lin's out there ?
    Something does tell me there are more JR;s out there who will chuck until u puke.
    Right NOW JR is actually more talented than Lin. It's because we have this desperate need for a PG that Lin is such an important player to us. If we were already set at PG and I had to choose, I'd take JR over Lin from a pure talent standpoint.

JR is a deadly scorer that will take some questionable shots, but if that's your only issue then you just don't like him because from a talent standpoint he's worth more than $2.5 mil and that's a huge bargain for us. He could easily get the full mid level and it wouldn't be considered overpaying.

Once again, if you know a better option for the vet min please let us know.

Please don't tell me your preferred plan is to gamble on some Euro or Dleague player and hope he's a "winner".