Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Off-Season Conditioning

  1. #1
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Smile Carmelo Anthony Off-Season Conditioning

    via twitter

    Carmelo Anthony ‏@carmeloanthony
    Great Sunday Morning workout!!!!!!



    Cant lie I'm happy to see this, hopefully there's more we cant have any off days between him, STAT and Tyson. Hopefully they get in their together and STAT and Tyson can help Melo with his physique mainly abs and down.

    I think we can stop questioning his work ethic IF this keeps up
    Last edited by CA7; Jun 03, 2012 at 16:42.

  2. #2
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    via twitter

    Carmelo Anthony ‏@carmeloanthony
    Great Sunday Morning workout!!!!!!



    Cant lie I'm happy to see this, hopefully there's more we cant have any off days between him, STAT and Tyson. Hopefully they get in their together and STAT and Tyson can help Melo with his physique mainly abs and down.

    I think we can stop questioning his work ethic IF this keeps up
    Yeah i was thinking the same thing, i want to see those 3 together in the off-season, so they can buid their chemistry.

  3. #3
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    Yeah i was thinking the same thing, i want to see those 3 together in the off-season, so they can buid their chemistry.
    yeah we need them to mesh when on the court together. It seems we're at our best when its just 2

    Anthony/Chandler
    Anthony/Stoudemire
    Chandler/Stoudemire

    in that order

  4. #4
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,012
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Great news and pics. Never gets old seeing and taking pics of the New York bridges.

    Hopefully aside from post moves, Olajuwon is helping Amar'e with his ball handling.

  5. #5
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Its great he's getting geared up for the Olympics. I hope working with Kobe and the other guys inspire him to improve his conditioning, much like in their previous Olympic run in 2008

  6. #6
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    After Melo's 2008 Olympic run him and Kobe got a great relationship going. Melo responded and lead the Nuggets to the WCF and came within a few key mistakes of going to the Finals.

    Melo is focused I feel it I see him going to that Elite level consistently next year I'm saying 29 and 10 a game yeah its far fetched but I got faith in my guy.

  7. #7
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    After Melo's 2008 Olympic run him and Kobe got a great relationship going. Melo responded and lead the Nuggets to the WCF and came within a few key mistakes of going to the Finals.

    Melo is focused I feel it I see him going to that Elite level consistently next year I'm saying 29 and 10 a game yeah its far fetched but I got faith in my guy.
    29 and 10 would be great for him, but the Knicks don't need him to be a dominating player, they need him to be a winning leader, if that makes sense.

    Whenever Melo tries to do too much scoring, the whole offensive flow of the team is in chaos. We have enough talent in this team (when healthy) to be a well balanced offensive team.

  8. #8
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    29 and 10 would be great for him, but the Knicks don't need him to be a dominating player, they need him to be a winning leader, if that makes sense.

    Whenever Melo tries to do too much scoring, the whole offensive flow of the team is in chaos. We have enough talent in this team (when healthy) to be a well balanced offensive team.
    In theory you're right but we do need him to be a dominate player not only scoring wise but on the boards, defending and playing within the flow of the team example



    in this game he was DOMINATE and ha 35 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists

    I know every game he wont have a triple double but with that focus on the game and being a complete player we have a way better chance at winning then trying to be a team like the Sixers, Pacers, Nuggets or Jazz

    KD is THE dominate guy in OKC

    LBJ is THE dominate guy in MIA

    Kobe, CP3, D12 and D.Rose the list goes on

    We need the Melo from April from April now on. Let him make the decisions, run it through him. What happens when we turn Melo into a "role player" or "just another guy" is he tends to have to force up shots because there's never anything there for him as the play wasn't set for him to go anywhere with it. If we take away Melo or even STAT's ability to be aggressive scorers we put ourselves into bigger holes. But its up to STAT and Melo to understand when to be aggressive and for the role players to understand how to play off of our star players. Miami does it, OKC does it, SAS does it, Chicago does it why cant we

  9. #9
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    929
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    In theory you're right but we do need him to be a dominate player not only scoring wise but on the boards, defending and playing within the flow of the team example



    in this game he was DOMINATE and ha 35 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists

    I know every game he wont have a triple double but with that focus on the game and being a complete player we have a way better chance at winning then trying to be a team like the Sixers, Pacers, Nuggets or Jazz

    KD is THE dominate guy in OKC

    LBJ is THE dominate guy in MIA

    Kobe, CP3, D12 and D.Rose the list goes on

    We need the Melo from April from April now on. Let him make the decisions, run it through him. What happens when we turn Melo into a "role player" or "just another guy" is he tends to have to force up shots because there's never anything there for him as the play wasn't set for him to go anywhere with it. If we take away Melo or even STAT's ability to be aggressive scorers we put ourselves into bigger holes. But its up to STAT and Melo to understand when to be aggressive and for the role players to understand how to play off of our star players. Miami does it, OKC does it, SAS does it, Chicago does it why cant we

  10. #10
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Looks like he's in great shape IMO. -No Homo

  11. #11
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I think Melo really just lacks stronger legs to run faster and jump higher

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,980
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    After Melo's 2008 Olympic run him and Kobe got a great relationship going. Melo responded and lead the Nuggets to the WCF and came within a few key mistakes of going to the Finals.

    Melo is focused I feel it I see him going to that Elite level consistently next year I'm saying 29 and 10 a game yeah its far fetched but I got faith in my guy.

    The only conditioning & workout Melo need to do in the offseason are to get familiuar with his teammates.....
    Melo learned nothing in the 2008 Olympics, Kobe/Lebron/Wade/Bosh and the rest of the star players
    on the USA team improve on their passing-skills and screen movements by letting Melo be the scorer.
    It's a known fact that Chuancey Billups strong leadership took George Karl & Melo to the WCF in 2008-9 season.
    It was so much of a fact, rumors had George Karl sit out the next season with injuries.

    A focus Melo would spend alot of time this offseason working-out with Tyson, Stat, Fields, and Lin.
    Melo never worked-out with Camby, K.Mart, and Miller in the offseason.

  13. #13
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Alright, so he took a bike ride.

    I want to see him in the squat rack. And I want results next season, damnit.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,626
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Alright, so he took a bike ride.

    I want to see him in the squat rack. And I want results next season, damnit.
    A bike ride in Manhattan, not exactly like doing the Tour de France in the Swiss Alps.

    Dude is strong enough so I don't think he has to lift much but Woody has questioned his conditioning and he see's him in practice so Melo probably could use more cardio.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Glad to see he is keeping in shape with the Olympics coming up, especially as I have tickets to see USA v Argentina in the preliminary round!

Similar Threads

  1. OFFICIAL support Carmelo Anthony thread! #TeamMelo or GTFO
    By KnicksWillRiseAgain in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2012, 20:46
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2012, 11:54
  3. Do It!!!!!
    By NYKNICKS4LIFE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: Feb 20, 2011, 21:11
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: Nov 09, 2010, 13:24
  5. Every draft prospect who is IN and OUT
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 23, 2010, 19:28

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •