Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony Off-Season Conditioning

I still see some pudge in that stomach, dude's got some work to do.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Rumor has it Carmelo doesn't like exercise.

Gotta get on Starbury's level.

biking is actual good way to burn calories and keeping it low impact on joints.

he should add row boating for arms and core.

It amazes me how most people think that more muscle definition = guaranteed better basketball from the given player.

Ignorance is rife on this forum. Everyone wants Melo to get in better shape, but why? It's not affecting his game in the least, he is still playing at a very high level. The whole team was out of sync at the start but Melo played out of his mind in April!

Melo's BF% is still quite low, definately under 10%.

He know's his body better than anyone, people only want to see him get more muscle definition because MOST of the players in the league play better this way, not all.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Rumor has it Carmelo doesn't like exercise.

Gotta get on Starbury's level.
    Real Talk .... Melo is already on Starbury's level.

Great post for this thread.....Marbury always started every season physically
    condition for a 82 game season. Marbury always received an A+ for conditioning.
    And a big fat "F" for failure for never working-out and conditioning himself with
    any of his teammates during the offseason. Marbury was always about Marbury,
    as if Marbury were competing against his teammates.
    Iso-Marbury great conditioning never co-exist with any of his teammates.
    Does Marbury remind u of a player on our team?

Veteran

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    It amazes me how most people think that more muscle definition = guaranteed better basketball from the given player.

Ignorance is rife on this forum. Everyone wants Melo to get in better shape, but why? It's not affecting his game in the least, he is still playing at a very high level. The whole team was out of sync at the start but Melo played out of his mind in April!

Melo's BF% is still quite low, definately under 10%.

He know's his body better than anyone, people only want to see him get more muscle definition because MOST of the players in the league play better this way, not all.

u are going to knock a forum down b/c members post a thread on Melo getting physically condition.... all the members in KO forum know Melo number-1 project in the offseason & training-camp are co-existing with his Knicks teammates.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

"It'll be good to reunite with him," [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on Monday at a New York City event promoting USA Basketball's partnership with Jeep. "When he left, there wasn't any bad blood between me and him. He was a big part of the '08 [gold-medal] win [in Beijing], and he's there again. I'm actually excited about going over there and trying to win a gold medal with him again."

Anthony said that after the Knicks' first-round loss to the Heat, he spent two weeks away from the game -- he's even been watching the NBA playoffs sporadically -- and celebrated his 28th birthday in New York City. Now he's "back in the lab" training for the Olympics, which will officially begin in early July in Las Vegas.

"My life don’t stop. It's never-ending," he told ESPN New York. "I'm back in the gym. I'm just working. I'm focused right now."

At some point during the offseason, Anthony is going to bring his Knicks teammates together to work out and get ready for the upcoming season. He said he's been in touch with the Baron Davis, who's likely out for a year after shredding his right knee in Game 4.

"Baron is good. I talked to him the other day," Melo said.

Davis will be making an appearance at New York City's popular Dyckman Basketball Tournament on June 26.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Real Talk .... Melo is already on Starbury's level.

Great post for this thread.....Marbury always started every season physically
    condition for a 82 game season. Marbury always received an A+ for conditioning.
    And a big fat "F" for failure for never working-out and conditioning himself with
    any of his teammates during the offseason. Marbury was always about Marbury,
    as if Marbury were competing against his teammates.
    Iso-Marbury great conditioning never co-exist with any of his teammates.
    Does Marbury remind u of a player on our team?
    Marbury has never been on Melo's level

It continues

Superstar

Originally Posted by CA7
    It continues

CA7, i love Melo just as much as you(we'll maybe not as much), but anyways, i'd be fine if he stayed how he is physically, and posted some pics, of Himself, Tyson, and Amare, on the damn court working out together.We need these 3, building as much chemistry as possible, don't you agree.

melo needs to be explosive like his early years with the nuggets.. hes not that old.. he can play faster

Veteran

The commercial on TV with all the players heads on cartoon bodies is pretty funny....if you noticed the creator made Melo the chubby dude....

Originally Posted by CA7
    It continues

Dude is def sucking his stomach in. I know that look bc I do it when i'm at the beach whenever i see a hot girl walk by. (I can't be the only one)

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    Dude is def sucking his stomach in. I know that look bc I do it when i'm at the beach whenever i see a hot girl walk by. (I can't be the only one)
    And some dude said he's "definitely under 10% bodyfat" I can only laugh about that statement. Have you ever seen what 8-9 % bodyfat looks like?

Don't believe the fake numbers published by the NBA, according to them Lebron James is walking around at 8% bodyfat

T.O. at a legit 8% BF:

And Lebron at 8% bodyfat according to official stats

No Abs, no split pectoral, no veins - he's over 12%, easily!

I work with natural bodybuilders so I know a bit of that stuff, Melo looked around 18-20 % bodyfat last season, he even had a slight belly in certain body positions.

He looks a bit leaner now, my guess is around 16% right now.

If he could cut it down to 12-14 % for the start of the season that would be good for him. He seems to be a carb sensitive guy, which means his body stores carbs more than other people do, like Amar'e who seems to be a lean guy by nature who can easily get ripped from workouts, while Melo hasto make his abs in the kitchen.

Maybe if y'all follow him on instagram ( Carmelo Anthony ) y'all can see that he working hard to be in shape. Stop doubting the man you seen what he did in April. As far as the heat series it was simply melo vs heat. Injures and non existing role players. He will be in a better shape and will be more explosive on defense and going to the rim.