Knicks need to draft Scott Machado

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Have u watched him play? Serious question since I don't watch college ball all that much and I don't want to go by a highlight reel based on one game. It's good that he led the NCAA in assists but I'd rather watch some games or get someone's opinion on his intangibles that would translate into the NBA.

metrocard

Legend
He played against my college (Manhattan College) for his entire career, I seen him matured and developed into a true PG. Dude has crazy court awareness. Plays like Tony Parker, very matured PG with great footwork and execution especially with passing the ball and working off picks and also passing from difficult angles.

Would be an excellent back up to Lin and a potential starter.

Paul1355

All Star

I agree....it looks like the best PG to grab in the 2nd round is Scott Machado

We might also buy a 2nd round pick, and I would even buy a pick just to grab him since our team desperatly needs depth at the PG spot.

Machado is the perfect player we need, not a high volume scorer but is a pass first offensive orchestrator that can thread any pass and break down a defense.

Lin will be our starting PG, and Lin can be a scorer and a faciliator. Off of our bench we don't need a scorer, if we can keep Smith and/or Novak then all we need is someone who can run the floor and pass well and hit open guys.

Sadly the PG's we had, even Baron Davis failed to orchestrate the offense.

Lin
Machado
Bibby

for next year is fine by me.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Knowing the Knicks we will draft someone completely unexpected, but i like machado as well

:crossfingers: cross your fingers he will still be available.

Kiyaman

Legend
Machado would be the perfect pick if we were going to sign Chauncey Billups to the MLE on July 1st..
We need a strong structure (Billups veteranship) to build a disapline guard rotation ( in Lin, Fields, and Machado) to rid ourselves of the Iso-Melo offense next season.

We Knicks fans need to remember Melo had complete controll over our offense for two postseason series and a 66 game regular season.... where Dantoni, Woodson, Stat, and Tyson Chandler had no say-so over how Iso-Melo ran our offense. So our young guards Lin, Fields, and a rookie PG has no chance vs Melo.

The truth of it all maybe hard to swallow....we are dependent on the arbitration decision on resigning Lin, Fields, Novak, to use our MLE on the next team FA. Our draft picks are important but not that important for our veteran star team.

Wargames

Starter
Knowing the Knicks we will draft someone completely unexpected, but i like machado as well

:crossfingers: cross your fingers he will still be available.

It's not that the Knicks try to draft unexpected guys so much that other teams ( with less money to scout) tend to try to steal the knicks picks based on the fact that they know the Knicks have a good scouting staff. The only reason they got shump was because they did they're best to keep their interest a secret.

All this talk about Machado makes me think he'll go in the late first / early second just because the Knicks are perceived to be interested in him so somebody will try to steal him.

tiger0330

Legend
Machado would be the perfect pick if we were going to sign Chauncey Billups to the MLE on July 1st..
We need a strong structure (Billups veteranship) to build a disapline guard rotation ( in Lin, Fields, and Machado) to rid ourselves of the Iso-Melo offense next season.

We Knicks fans need to remember Melo had complete controll over our offense for two postseason series and a 66 game regular season.... where Dantoni, Woodson, Stat, and Tyson Chandler had no say-so over how Iso-Melo ran our offense. So our young guards Lin, Fields, and a rookie PG has no chance vs Melo.

The truth of it all maybe hard to swallow....we are dependent on the arbitration decision on resigning Lin, Fields, Novak, to use our MLE on the next team FA. Our draft picks are important but not that important for our veteran star team.
Even if we win the arbitration case, Billups would be the last guy I would give the MLE to. I get what you're saying about veteran leadership but he's coming off an season ending achilles injury and he's past his prime.

Tyson, Melo and Amare can provide the leadership. We need young guys that can play like Machado.

Kiyaman

Legend
It's not that the Knicks try to draft unexpected guys so much that other teams ( with less money to scout) tend to try to steal the knicks picks based on the fact that they know the Knicks have a good scouting staff. The only reason they got shump was because they did they're best to keep their interest a secret.

All this talk about Machado makes me think he'll go in the late first / early second just because the Knicks are perceived to be interested in him so somebody will try to steal him.

The Knicks scouts were not bright in the 2011 draft....Kenneth Faried were suppose to be selected in the top 10 pick (for leading the NCAA in rebounds & blockshots 2 years in a row), not the 18th pick.
Isaiah Thomas was suppose to be a first round pick, not the last pick of the 2nd round....our ex-GM Isiah Thomas had two big articles in Sports Illustraded & ESPN paper on the speed and diversity style of PG Isaiah Thomas in 2010.
The two draft picks (Faried & Isaiah) final season in college outweighed Shump & Jorts college & NBA career 3 to 10.

I was pissed-off last year the day after the 2011 draft....Shump was a 2nd round pick we selected with our 17th pick.

Kiyaman

Legend
Even if we win the arbitration case, Billups would be the last guy I would give the MLE to. I get what you're saying about veteran leadership but he's coming off an season ending achilles injury and he's past his prime.

Tyson, Melo and Amare can provide the leadership. We need young guys that can play like Machado.

Like I said, Machado would be the perfect pick if we could higher "coach Billups" with the MLE.
Player-coach Chuancey Billups brings discipline in practice, lockerroom, on/off the court to teammates & coaching-staff.

Wargames

Starter
The Knicks scouts were not bright in the 2011 draft....Kenneth Faried were suppose to be selected in the top 10 pick (for leading the NCAA in rebounds & blockshots 2 years in a row), not the 18th pick.
Isaiah Thomas was suppose to be a first round pick, not the last pick of the 2nd round....our ex-GM Isiah Thomas had two big articles in Sports Illustraded & ESPN paper on the speed and diversity style of PG Isaiah Thomas in 2010.
The two draft picks (Faried & Isaiah) final season in college outweighed Shump & Jorts college & NBA career 3 to 10.

I was pissed-off last year the day after the 2011 draft....Shump was a 2nd round pick we selected with our 17th pick.

Faried would of been behind Stat and Melo in the depth charts and would of taken from their minutes. Isiah Thomas in theory was considered too short by many analysis. Plus let's not act like his name alone wouldn't of caused the kid to get undeserved sh*t from us fans cause it would have.

Shump was a great pick at 17 for a team that needed guards over everything else. The Knicks needed perimeter Defense and they got it.

fender0577

Rotation player
Apart from the Jordan Hill cluster****, our picks have been fairly decent as of late...
I don't know man, only 3 of our picks, over the last ten years are still on the team, and where rumored to be shopping fields.We've had 5 top 10 picks since 02, and there all gone, that's horrible IMO.The only decent pick i see is shump, and of course being a knick, he blows out his knee, SMH.