Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 68

Thread: Knicks shopping Landry Fields

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    This is very good news, look guys I know we all like to keep players we draft, especially steals like Fields was in the 2nd round but this guy has regressed extremely since the first half of his rookie year.
    This is bad news and a terrible decision to make especially with SG-Shumpert 2nd torn ACL injury/rehab out for the 2012-13 season.
    G/F-Landry Fields is .... a must resign KEEPER in offseason.

    The Knicks first 23 games of the 2011-12 season was a regressed-Knicks team with a 8-15 record.
    The Iso-Melo-offense had the entire Knicks team performance regress-extremely on the offensive end of the court. The Knicks players as a team were not happy with our offensive-plan in the 23 games, this was proven as a fact by our 32nd game of the season when Iso-Melo caught a groin injury during the 24th game that kept Melo out for the next 9 games. The Knicks offense was given over to a young PG-Jeremy Lin to run in the 24th game. Jeremy Lin's offense took the Knicks on a 8-1 winning streak run to place the Knicks team as a 16-16 .500 record-team (The Lin-Sanity moment of improving a .250 record team into becoming a .500 record team over night.).

    When Melo return healthy from a groin injury the Knicks went on a 6 game losing streak which had headcoach Dantoni resign.

    He is a head case and is afraid to shoot the basketball and lost all confidence in his jumper this season
    Who are u talking about? TD? Walker? Fields? or Amare?
    All became headcases with poor shooting when Melo Arrive in New York.

    For those who didnt learn anything from the Knicks 2010-11 postseason sweep (Melo pass to Jefferies), to the Knicks 2011-12 (Fire Extinquisher) postseason 5 game sweep.... The Knicks players as a team were not happy with our offensive-plan...

  2. #17
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    We need to keep as much players as we can from last season.
    With good steady and long term coaching (which it seems like we will have now), and good team chemistry... keeping most of last season's bunch, vets like Melo, STAT and Chandler, younger players like Lin, Fields, Shump Jorts .. and key players, JR and Novak.. we have a serious shot of becoming something like the Spurs of the last 10 years, or more recently up and coming OKC.. who will dominate the NBA for the upcoming years..

    I know we have a lot at stake at the upcoming Bird Rights hearing, but if all goes as planned, starting to look at dealing players is really the wrong thing to do.
    I would be surprised the Grunwald would take such a route.

    If we do end up keeping Lin and Novak.. all we need are the right set of vet min players, key role players (J.R. / Novak) and with the younger players and the 'Big 3' I dont see how we wont be a 2+ seeded team in the upcoming seasons.

    Bottom Line. Hope that all goes as planned, keep a steady roster.

  3. #18

    Default

    Thank god, trade him fast.

  4. #19
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    What would everyone's opinion on Fields be if he was consistantly hitting his jumper and free throws? Would it change?

    He does an awful lot of things well and his fundementals on defense have improved this year. If someone worked with him to fix his shot and overcome the slump he was in, he is actually quite a good player and someone I think we should keep.

    Plus trading him for a late first round pick/early second round pick doesn't give us much IMO. Better the devil you know and all that. If we packaged him with Amare though, you'd have my attention.

  5. #20
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    KIYA why the **** you gotta turn every thread into a Melo hate thread STFU and hop off his dick for once

  6. #21
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    KIYA why the **** you gotta turn every thread into a Melo hate thread STFU and hop off his dick for once
    This, one of the worst and most biased posters here.

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    KIYA why the **** you gotta turn every thread into a Melo hate thread STFU and hop off his dick for once

    u lonely wannabe ...... low IQ ...... under the table sniffing ......
    tight jeans wearing ..... butt shaking better than yur single-mama ......
    u lucky I like your steady support on KO......this season all u did was justify the size, weight, and length of Melo's dick

    I call it as I see it
    If u stink, Im not the one u standby or sit next to
    RESPECT
    Kiya

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    This, one of the worst and most biased posters here.

    u looking for a friend....u do better goin to da pet shelter

    when u do silly-shiiit dat makes no sense....peeps are not Bias
    when they keep mentioning all the silly-shiiiit u been doing

    Kenneth Faried shouldve been the Knicks 17th pick...

  9. #24
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u lonely wannabe ...... low IQ ...... under the table sniffing ......
    tight jeans wearing ..... butt shaking better than yur single-mama ......
    u lucky I like your steady support on KO......this season all u did was justify the size, weight, and length of Melo's dick

    I call it as I see it
    If u stink, Im not the one u standby or sit next to
    RESPECT
    Kiya
    Lmao how old are you dude

    My thing is can we have some more positive discussions around here you can criticize my guy I don't care its the constant bashing that makes you look obsessed with him

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sage
    What would everyone's opinion on Fields be if he was consistantly hitting his jumper and free throws? Would it change?

    He does an awful lot of things well and his fundementals on defense have improved this year. If someone worked with him to fix his shot and overcome the slump he was in, he is actually quite a good player and someone I think we should keep.

    Plus trading him for a late first round pick/early second round pick doesn't give us much IMO. Better the devil you know and all that. If we packaged him with Amare though, you'd have my attention.


    Landry Fields was the steal in the 2010 draft, Fields brought a lot to the
    table as a Big-Guard. Fields was comfortable working-out / training months
    before training-camp in his draft summer with new teammates TD, Will, Gallo,
    and Stat as their complimentary role player to become a rookie starter.

    Donnie Walsh last trade of David Lee made Walsh incompetent.
    Dantoni's small-small rotation and long bench of DNP players force owner Dolan
    to leave his Wall st. office to play G.M..
    A winning Knicks team become 2nd or 3rd option to any bussinessman when
    u can get a face to pack MSG (raise ticket price 1/4) for the next 5 to 6 years.
    The Marbury trade had a sold-out MSG the first 3 years...

  11. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Lmao how old are you dude

    My thing is can we have some more positive discussions around here you can criticize my guy I don't care its the constant bashing that makes you look obsessed with him

    So many KO members mention the samething when I bashed the hiring of Larry Brown, Donnie Walsh, and Dantoni.
    ESPN banned me for bashing the hiring of Isiah Thomas and the trade for Marbury / Penny in 2003-4 season.

    Landry Fields with and without Melo in a lineup?
    Stat with and without Melo in a lineup?
    Tyson with and without Stat/Melo in a lineup?

    When u start a regular season with a 1-9 record or a 8-15 record.....with KO members / fans steady blaming the 15 or 20 minute playingtime role-players for each loss. com'on?
    If u wanna get paid $$$ like G.M. Pat Riley, headcoach Phil Jackson, or Super-Star King James.....put the effort in like them.

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,988
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Lmao how old are you dude

    I still have my ticket stub from the 1971 Knicks and the 1969 Mets
    Im raising half of my grandchildren

  13. #28
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    This is bad news and a terrible decision to make especially with SG-Shumpert 2nd torn ACL injury/rehab out for the 2012-13 season.
    G/F-Landry Fields is .... a must resign KEEPER in offseason.


    The Knicks first 23 games of the 2011-12 season was a regressed-Knicks team with a 8-15 record.
    The Iso-Melo-offense had the entire Knicks team performance regress-extremely on the offensive end of the court. The Knicks players as a team were not happy with our offensive-plan in the 23 games, this was proven as a fact by our 32nd game of the season when Iso-Melo caught a groin injury during the 24th game that kept Melo out for the next 9 games. The Knicks offense was given over to a young PG-Jeremy Lin to run in the 24th game. Jeremy Lin's offense took the Knicks on a 8-1 winning streak run to place the Knicks team as a 16-16 .500 record-team (The Lin-Sanity moment of improving a .250 record team into becoming a .500 record team over night.).

    When Melo return healthy from a groin injury the Knicks went on a 6 game losing streak which had headcoach Dantoni resign.



    Who are u talking about? TD? Walker? Fields? or Amare?
    All became headcases with poor shooting when Melo Arrive in New York.

    For those who didnt learn anything from the Knicks 2010-11 postseason sweep (Melo pass to Jefferies), to the Knicks 2011-12 (Fire Extinquisher) postseason 5 game sweep.... The Knicks players as a team were not happy with our offensive-plan...
    So you are saying that because Shumpert is hurt that we are so depserate that we have to keep Fields? You are going to over pay a player that can not hit a 3 point shot or a free throw because of an injury to another player?

    And you are basically blaming the team for the lack of production from Landry Fields. Then hey maybe we should blame the team for Toney Douglas becoming non existant and missing every open shot...like Fields. 1)Douglas never drives to the hoop and cant ballhandle, therefore he becomes a SG that is relied upon to be a PG....2)Amare's jumpshot was completely off the this year,HE HAD OPEN LOOKS LIKE DOUGLAS AND FIELDS and Amare never drove to the hoop or posted up so he relied toomuch on his jumpshot to get hot during games which is a bad stretegy unless you are a good shooter...3)Bill Walker should have had more playing time, especialy because of FIelds inability to hit a 3 point shot, however Walker often got into foul trouble and played stupid, he also got hurt at a time when was the best time for him to get more minutes, Walker was abetter fit at the 2 spot than FIelds because he could hit an open shot but his lack of production on defense and fouling people constantly made him a bench player....these things were not because of Melo but because of a combination of Mike Dantoni's flawed system with players not knowing their roles and Danotin's inability to coach players to use their strengths and the players themselves having no confidence in their shots which is inexcusable at this point in their careers.

    Kiyaman, I know you watch Knick games and I watched every game and I can agree that Melo style offense hurts Landry's game and he is suited best in a fast paced free flowing offense.....

    HOWEVER, that is not an excuse to say Landry was not a huge disappointment once again and does not fit on this team. It is alarming to me how his 3 point shooting percentage dropped with the addition of Carmelo Anthony who draws defenders towards him. How many times a game would FIelds be wide open and take a shot, only to brick it again and again.

    How many times would Fields shoot line drive free throws that clanked off the rim like a bullet shot out of a gun? Too many times

    His whole form needs to be changed and IF it is not his form and if he can really be a good player with his form, since guys like Shawn Marion somehow became effective with terrible form than the problem lies not in the offense but FIeld's confidence as a shooter


    Kiya, don't you remember game after game how CLyde Frazier would say that FIelds lost confidence in his jump shot? it was every game

    He can only cut to the basket and drive to the hoop, his mid range game is decent at best.

    Fields is simply over rated, epecially in this new system.

    Whether the system is a main reason for his 25% 3 point percentage and his 56% FT% it does not matter because the fact is that Melo is our best player and FIelds plays worse with him so Fields does not fit on the team anymore.

    Trade FIelds, get a 2 guard who can hit the open jumpshot and play decent defense and I gurantee you will have more production from the SG spot.

    Fields needs to be on a team with outside shooters so he is not relied upon to make the outside shot and his free throw% must increase especially as a SG/SF just horrible. If Fields cant spread the floor for players like Melo, Amare and CHandler who can be beasts in the paint, then Fields is useless.

  14. #29
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    It saddens me that we are talking about moving a guy like Landry "THE FORCE" Fields.

    We should be doing it the other way around: bringing in selfless team-players.

    But we are doing things ass-backward: we're bringing in iso BUMS.

  15. #30
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,483
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    It saddens me that we are talking about moving a guy like Landry "THE FORCE" Fields.
    whoa! OBM with a classic knickname! good job, good effort!

Similar Threads

  1. Hanging In The Balance: Fields' Resurgence
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 19:25
  2. Game 2: Knicks @ Celtics 4/19
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 291
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2011, 18:08
  3. Knicks Sign Landry Fields
    By platnumn in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 28, 2010, 22:00
  4. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 09:39
  5. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •