Knicks shopping Landry Fields

Kiyaman

Legend
KIYA why the **** you gotta turn every thread into a Melo hate thread STFU and hop off his dick for once

u lonely wannabe ...... low IQ ...... under the table sniffing ......
tight jeans wearing ..... butt shaking better than yur single-mama ......
u lucky I like your steady support on KO......this season all u did was justify the size, weight, and length of Melo's dick

I call it as I see it
If u stink, Im not the one u standby or sit next to
RESPECT
Kiya
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
This, one of the worst and most biased posters here.

u looking for a friend....u do better goin to da pet shelter

when u do silly-shiiit dat makes no sense....peeps are not Bias
when they keep mentioning all the silly-shiiiit u been doing

Kenneth Faried shouldve been the Knicks 17th pick...

CA7

Scoring Champ
u lonely wannabe ...... low IQ ...... under the table sniffing ......
tight jeans wearing ..... butt shaking better than yur single-mama ......
u lucky I like your steady support on KO......this season all u did was justify the size, weight, and length of Melo's dick

I call it as I see it
If u stink, Im not the one u standby or sit next to
RESPECT
Kiya
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Lmao how old are you dude

My thing is can we have some more positive discussions around here you can criticize my guy I don't care its the constant bashing that makes you look obsessed with him

Kiyaman

Legend
What would everyone's opinion on Fields be if he was consistantly hitting his jumper and free throws? Would it change?

He does an awful lot of things well and his fundementals on defense have improved this year. If someone worked with him to fix his shot and overcome the slump he was in, he is actually quite a good player and someone I think we should keep.

Plus trading him for a late first round pick/early second round pick doesn't give us much IMO. Better the devil you know and all that. If we packaged him with Amare though, you'd have my attention.

:agreed:
Landry Fields was the steal in the 2010 draft, Fields brought a lot to the
table as a Big-Guard. Fields was comfortable working-out / training months
before training-camp in his draft summer with new teammates TD, Will, Gallo,
and Stat as their complimentary role player to become a rookie starter.
:thumbsup:
Donnie Walsh last trade of David Lee made Walsh incompetent.
Dantoni's small-small rotation and long bench of DNP players force owner Dolan
to leave his Wall st. office to play G.M..
A winning Knicks team become 2nd or 3rd option to any bussinessman when
u can get a face to pack MSG (raise ticket price 1/4) for the next 5 to 6 years.
The Marbury trade had a sold-out MSG the first 3 years...

Kiyaman

Legend
Lmao how old are you dude

My thing is can we have some more positive discussions around here you can criticize my guy I don't care its the constant bashing that makes you look obsessed with him

So many KO members mention the samething when I bashed the hiring of Larry Brown, Donnie Walsh, and Dantoni.
ESPN banned me for bashing the hiring of Isiah Thomas and the trade for Marbury / Penny in 2003-4 season.

Landry Fields with and without Melo in a lineup?
Stat with and without Melo in a lineup?
Tyson with and without Stat/Melo in a lineup?

When u start a regular season with a 1-9 record or a 8-15 record.....with KO members / fans steady blaming the 15 or 20 minute playingtime role-players for each loss. com'on?
If u wanna get paid $$$ like G.M. Pat Riley, headcoach Phil Jackson, or Super-Star King James.....put the effort in like them.

Paul1355

All Star
This is bad news and a terrible decision to make especially with SG-Shumpert 2nd torn ACL injury/rehab out for the 2012-13 season.
G/F-Landry Fields is .... a must resign KEEPER in offseason.

The Knicks first 23 games of the 2011-12 season was a regressed-Knicks team with a 8-15 record.
The Iso-Melo-offense had the entire Knicks team performance regress-extremely on the offensive end of the court. The Knicks players as a team were not happy with our offensive-plan in the 23 games, this was proven as a fact by our 32nd game of the season when Iso-Melo caught a groin injury during the 24th game that kept Melo out for the next 9 games. The Knicks offense was given over to a young PG-Jeremy Lin to run in the 24th game. Jeremy Lin's offense took the Knicks on a 8-1 winning streak run to place the Knicks team as a 16-16 .500 record-team (The Lin-Sanity moment of improving a .250 record team into becoming a .500 record team over night.).

When Melo return healthy from a groin injury the Knicks went on a 6 game losing streak which had headcoach Dantoni resign.

Who are u talking about? TD? Walker? Fields? or Amare?
All became headcases with poor shooting when Melo Arrive in New York.

For those who didnt learn anything from the Knicks 2010-11 postseason sweep (Melo pass to Jefferies), to the Knicks 2011-12 (Fire Extinquisher) postseason 5 game sweep.... The Knicks players as a team were not happy with our offensive-plan...

So you are saying that because Shumpert is hurt that we are so depserate that we have to keep Fields? You are going to over pay a player that can not hit a 3 point shot or a free throw because of an injury to another player?

And you are basically blaming the team for the lack of production from Landry Fields. Then hey maybe we should blame the team for Toney Douglas becoming non existant and missing every open shot...like Fields. 1)Douglas never drives to the hoop and cant ballhandle, therefore he becomes a SG that is relied upon to be a PG....2)Amare's jumpshot was completely off the this year,HE HAD OPEN LOOKS LIKE DOUGLAS AND FIELDS and Amare never drove to the hoop or posted up so he relied toomuch on his jumpshot to get hot during games which is a bad stretegy unless you are a good shooter...3)Bill Walker should have had more playing time, especialy because of FIelds inability to hit a 3 point shot, however Walker often got into foul trouble and played stupid, he also got hurt at a time when was the best time for him to get more minutes, Walker was abetter fit at the 2 spot than FIelds because he could hit an open shot but his lack of production on defense and fouling people constantly made him a bench player....these things were not because of Melo but because of a combination of Mike Dantoni's flawed system with players not knowing their roles and Danotin's inability to coach players to use their strengths and the players themselves having no confidence in their shots which is inexcusable at this point in their careers.

Kiyaman, I know you watch Knick games and I watched every game and I can agree that Melo style offense hurts Landry's game and he is suited best in a fast paced free flowing offense.....

HOWEVER, that is not an excuse to say Landry was not a huge disappointment once again and does not fit on this team. It is alarming to me how his 3 point shooting percentage dropped with the addition of Carmelo Anthony who draws defenders towards him. How many times a game would FIelds be wide open and take a shot, only to brick it again and again.

How many times would Fields shoot line drive free throws that clanked off the rim like a bullet shot out of a gun? Too many times

His whole form needs to be changed and IF it is not his form and if he can really be a good player with his form, since guys like Shawn Marion somehow became effective with terrible form than the problem lies not in the offense but FIeld's confidence as a shooter

Kiya, don't you remember game after game how CLyde Frazier would say that FIelds lost confidence in his jump shot? it was every game

He can only cut to the basket and drive to the hoop, his mid range game is decent at best.

Fields is simply over rated, epecially in this new system.

Whether the system is a main reason for his 25% 3 point percentage and his 56% FT% it does not matter because the fact is that Melo is our best player and FIelds plays worse with him so Fields does not fit on the team anymore.

Trade FIelds, get a 2 guard who can hit the open jumpshot and play decent defense and I gurantee you will have more production from the SG spot.

Fields needs to be on a team with outside shooters so he is not relied upon to make the outside shot and his free throw% must increase especially as a SG/SF just horrible. If Fields cant spread the floor for players like Melo, Amare and CHandler who can be beasts in the paint, then Fields is useless.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
It saddens me that we are talking about moving a guy like Landry "THE FORCE" Fields.

We should be doing it the other way around: bringing in selfless team-players.

But we are doing things ass-backward: we're bringing in iso BUMS.

skisloper

Starter
Like it or not......We are not an ISO run offense with Melo dominating the Ball....One can only hope that Woodson gives LIN some freedom to expand on this and get the others involved.....

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Fields needs to go. He's not a good player. He was pretty bad this season. The painful memory of me about to punch something everytime he decided to take a shot and miss lives on

Wargames

Starter
I dont like it from a team perspective cause he is a good team player (I dont know how some of you are calling him a head case) and with him gone and shump injured the back court will be thin with proven starter quality players next year.

However, from a cap perspective unfortunately it makes too much sense not to do it. He could very likely walk if he wanted for money because to keep Lin it would likely mean fields price will be to high to keep since the knicks could (and would) likely be outbid for him. So yeah do it early and give the scouts the time to find somebody.

Also trade Amare the Knicks should make the moves now to adapt to the new CBA and shed their second max contract.

skisloper

Starter
The issue with Fields is he seemed to shine during the LIN run.....If he is a player that can play with LIN why not keep him....The issue I guess is its Melo's team.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
The issue with Fields is he seemed to shine during the LIN run.....If he is a player that can play with LIN why not keep him....The issue I guess is its Melo's team.

Yea, Fields is a fine basketball player, but when you ask the kid to play this bastardized hoops, he has trouble, and I don't blame him.

Like J.Krish' said: "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to sick ****."

Well, in this case, it's no measure of quality of a baller to be well adjusted to playing this ugly Meloball.

tiger0330

Legend
I tell you what the arbitration today decides if Fields stays or leave
Stern implied it's not going to be decided in a day, said it has to be decided before FA starts. IMO, I don't think it's a complicated case so maybe you hear a decision in 4-7 days.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
fields was awful last year..man im thinkin back to all the times he caught the ball WIDE open and hestiated to shoot and would just pass it off when a defende got near him

its a true shame we traded gallo instead of him:barf:

get rid of him!