Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knicks shopping Landry Fields

Veteran

Like it or not......We are not an ISO run offense with Melo dominating the Ball....One can only hope that Woodson gives LIN some freedom to expand on this and get the others involved.....

Fields needs to go. He's not a good player. He was pretty bad this season. The painful memory of me about to punch something everytime he decided to take a shot and miss lives on

I dont like it from a team perspective cause he is a good team player (I dont know how some of you are calling him a head case) and with him gone and shump injured the back court will be thin with proven starter quality players next year.

However, from a cap perspective unfortunately it makes too much sense not to do it. He could very likely walk if he wanted for money because to keep Lin it would likely mean fields price will be to high to keep since the knicks could (and would) likely be outbid for him. So yeah do it early and give the scouts the time to find somebody.

Also trade Amare the Knicks should make the moves now to adapt to the new CBA and shed their second max contract.

....... but that's Lin's nerd buddy.

Veteran

The issue with Fields is he seemed to shine during the LIN run.....If he is a player that can play with LIN why not keep him....The issue I guess is its Melo's team.

Originally Posted by skisloper
    The issue with Fields is he seemed to shine during the LIN run.....If he is a player that can play with LIN why not keep him....The issue I guess is its Melo's team.
    Yea, Fields is a fine basketball player, but when you ask the kid to play this bastardized hoops, he has trouble, and I don't blame him.

Like J.Krish' said: "It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to sick ****."

Well, in this case, it's no measure of quality of a baller to be well adjusted to playing this ugly Meloball.

I tell you what the arbitration today decides if Fields stays or leave

Remember when the discussion was whether we should keep Gallinari or Fields in the Melo trade?

That was fun.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Wargames
    I tell you what the arbitration today decides if Fields stays or leave
    Stern implied it's not going to be decided in a day, said it has to be decided before FA starts. IMO, I don't think it's a complicated case so maybe you hear a decision in 4-7 days.

fields was awful last year..man im thinkin back to all the times he caught the ball WIDE open and hestiated to shoot and would just pass it off when a defende got near him

its a true shame we traded gallo instead of him

get rid of him!

The Knicks sound determined to retain Landry Fields, who is a restricted free agent.
    Baron Davis (knee) won't play next year and Iman Shumpert (knee) could miss the first two months of the season, which leaves New York with just one healthy guard under contract -- Toney Douglas. J.R. Smith could pick up his player option, but the guard-starved Knicks are expected to match any reasonable offers for Fields and Jeremy Lin. May 27 - 9:56 AM

by the way are we pursing a PG whether he's going to be a backup or starter? cause we need one

Veteran

Default This is not hate on Melo....its about our 2011-12 offense

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Like it or not......We are not an ISO run offense with Melo dominating the Ball....One can only hope that Woodson gives LIN some freedom to expand on this and get the others involved.....

It is very hard to say "We are not an ISO run offense with Melo dominating the Ball", when on every offensive possesion Melo gets a touch 85% of the time trying to be a point-foward when his passing skills are not very effective on the average mediocre team.
    Our 2011-12 season offense were produced, directed, and acted by Iso-Melo. No, this wouldnt have happen with Billups as our PG.

Melo has a bad habit of holding the ball to long before he put the ball on the floor to dribble into traffic....it is a known fact by all Melo's teammates and NBA oponents that Melo rarely pass the ball.

Jeremy Lin showed his freedom to keep the ball-movement wide and inside with every teammate on the roster when a 36 minute of playingtime Iso-Melo were not in the rotation.

When u dont give Melo a touch of the ball on offense......
    Melo's non-movement without the ball always put Melo's defender in position to double-team the ball....why so many fans want Stat traded b/c Stat does the same exact thing...

Veteran

Originally Posted by Hayato
    The Knicks sound determined to retain Landry Fields, who is a restricted free agent.
    Baron Davis (knee) won't play next year and Iman Shumpert (knee) could miss the first two months of the season, which leaves New York with just one healthy guard under contract -- Toney Douglas. J.R. Smith could pick up his player option, but the guard-starved Knicks are expected to match any reasonable offers for Fields and Jeremy Lin. May 27 - 9:56 AM

The best choice for us is to retain Fields/Lin/Novak by any means neccessary.

The union arguement is to strong for the arbitrators to deny Lin & Novak their Birds-Rights. whats taking so long???

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    The best choice for us is to retain Fields/Lin/Novak by any means neccessary.

The union arguement is to strong for the arbitrators to deny Lin & Novak their Birds-Rights. whats taking so long???
    If we win that case I expect the Knicks to try to keep everyone healthy from last year (Fields, JR, Novak, and Lin) and then maybe try to work a deal out with odom or Ray Allen from whatever money they have left. However if the knicks lose that case then they are going to have to prioritize who stays and who goes.

That's when Sh*t gets complicated.

How much risk are they going to be willing to accept when it comes to teams bidding for their players. Lin is obviously the priority but other teams know that and I see them not doing the Knicks any favors by running the price up on what it will take to keep him. Then a scum bag organization like the Nyets could seriously try to limit the knicks as they have before by stealing a few players for the sake of simply hurting the knicks, because the knicks would be strapped financially capwise.

I hope they made a good case and they win because if not then they are going to be between a rock and a hard place this whole Free agency leading into the season.