Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phil Jackson calls Knicks roster "clumsy"

He wouldn't be considered a "Great Coach" coaching a .500 club .... he's right about a few things though. Surprised he didn't mention "to much iso plays". We are best when Melo realizes he needs to get better looks and pass more. There's no element of surprise with our game for the most part. Easy for good coaches to hone in a strategy

I can't say that he is lying, a lot of teams aren't built well and the Knicks are one of those teams. but at the same time this feels like Sour Grapes.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Phil Jackson, in a recent interview, denied ever having any interest in coaching the Knicks.
    "I wasn't gonna take that job, that's for sure," said Jackson, who led the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers to eleven NBA titles.
    Jackson dismissed the possibility because New York’s roster is "clumsy."
    "They don't fit together well,” Jackson explained. “(Amare) Stoudemire doesn't fit well with Carmelo. Stoudemire's a really good player. But he's gotta play in a certain system and a way.
    "Carmelo has to be a better passer. And the ball can't stop every time it hits his hands. They need to have someone come in that can kinda blend that group together."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks Phil. tell us something the entire KO community doesn't know.
    Not you, Sir Clyde -- but a chunk of KO actually did not know this...or, just fronted not to because they are weak fans who like to blow smoke up their ass, because it's an easier alternative than dating. (pause)

Specifically:

Red
    KingofNY
    RealNYBaller

Thought we had a squad just waiting to be a true contender and champ, just as soon as D'antoni left. And they posted many *many* times on this point, like violent retards flailing about in attack mode; thus, continuing to cement their legacy as King Dunces, who'd rather gnaw at MDA's dick in one way or another till their teeth fall out, than just be real fans who look at a full picture.

Ginger, if you read this, let me know if this is peppered to your satisfaction:

Legit LOL if you think this is sour grapes.

Yep - Phil Jackson, a coach with tons of rings, is upset a 7 seed in turmoil with a star player who quit on his coach midseason didn't call him up?

Give me a break.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Only way I would have hired him is if he would take a 6M a year deal and come to NY for his love of the Knicks.
    Honestly, I do not know of anyone right now who voluntarily come to NY because of love for the Knicks. They come to NY for the love of money. Even the players, they are not loyal to the Knicks. They are there for the money.

Well Phil could be classy and just not say anything but I bet at heasrt he is a knicks fan and wants the team to return to glory so will say this publically to try to get Dolan to change his ways. He won't of course. They need to get rid of stat and get a real coach. And tell melo to stop being a bitch or trade him if he won't.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I was thinking the same thing, he only wants jobs with the best players ever, he's a good at coaching ego's, i'll give him that, but c'mon man.The dude coached, MJ, Kobe, and Shaq, those guys are literally 3 of the top 5 to ever play.So i'm not crying over not getting Jack, he would be sleeping on the bench sometimes, that's how much talent he had, he would actually have to coach this team, and at his age, i don't think he's up to it.
    Do you really think Shaq and Kobe are in the top 5 of all time??

Common man.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Do you really think Shaq and Kobe are in the top 5 of all time??

Common man.
    um they are, in their primes

Originally Posted by Yes the NBA is Rigged
    um they are, in their primes
    No friggin way. Kobe's lucky to be top 5 sg's.

Alltime top 5:

Russell
    Wilt
    Bird
    Jordan
    Magic

Done deal.

You want to start getting into 10-15 best, then you can bring Kobe n Shaq into the discussion.

Shaq's not even better than Kareem or Hakeem
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jun 16, 2012 at 22:24.

Thanks Melo you cost us D'Antoni and now the Zen Master take your ISO ass back to Denver better yet stay here and have Woodson bench his ass like fat Curry for the next 3 years

Lin would have never allowed this to happen

No friggin way. Kobe's lucky to be top 5 sg's.

Alltime top 5:

Russell
    Wilt
    Bird
    Jordan
    Magic

Done deal.

You want to start getting into 10-15 best, then you can bring Kobe n Shaq into the discussion.

Shaq's not even better than Kareem or Hakeem
    You can argue Kobe is just top 10 instead of top 5. But Shaq would have ripped Wilt in half.

You can argue Kobe is just top 10 instead of top 5. But Shaq would have ripped Wilt in half.
    idk Wilt is one of those guys from the black and white era who I think would dominate in this era

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Legit LOL if you think this is sour grapes.

Yep - Phil Jackson, a coach with tons of rings, is upset a 7 seed in turmoil with a star player who quit on his coach midseason didn't call him up?

Give me a break.
    Dude threw out a lot of subliminal messages that he was open to possibly returning to NY the team he won his rings playing for and get paid in a top market to coach.

I am not saying its nostalgia, nor am I saying he would of took the job. But to not even be contacted for a job interview when your arguably the greatest coach ever and you have a ton of rings.

It makes sense he would be a bit pissed and knowing how Phil loves to snipe through the media this interview and its timing makes sense.

with that said like I said earlier I am not arguing his points because as of right now their valid.

Dude, stop.

Wilt was friggin unbelievable.

Superstar

Dude, stop.

Wilt was friggin unbelievable.
    It's subjective, on who are the top 5, i'm taking KOBE AND shaq, over bird and Wilt.But to just dismiss Kobe and Shaq, like there not even in the discussion is crazy.