View Poll Results: Who do you see as the most important Knick going in to next year?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chandler

0 0%
  • Lin

10 33.33%
  • Carmelo

6 20.00%
  • STAT

14 46.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whose Individual Success Is Most Important To NY Next Season?

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    But Lin elevated his game, Amare is getting paid max money and regressed, therefore I dont see how people can say Lin.
    The question was whose individual success is the most important to NY next season. It wasn't a question of who needed to raise their game more or who had regressed last year. I could go either way between Lin & STAT, but like I said since PG is the most important position on the floor, I don't think this team will go far unless Lin is playing at the top of his game like he was during the Linsanity streak. He was playing out of his mind during those 2 weeks & carrying this team, & while I don't expect him to ever get back to that level, I also don't think it's impossible for him to play that way again. He has shown how great he can be when he's on, & if he even gets back to playing 80% of what he was during that stretch, I think this team will be in great shape. I think this team can still succeed without STAT playing at top level, but w/o Lin this team got severely exposed last year as was clearly evident during the playoffs. We need an effective orchestrator on the floor to make guys like STAT, Novak, Fields, Chandler & JR Smith effective themselves. Without a floor general this team relies entirely too much on Carmelo's isolation game to carry the offense, because no one else other than JR Smith can create their own shot on this team & he is way too inconsistent & streaky to be relied upon as a 2nd option on offense.

Originally Posted by STAT1
    The question was whose individual success is the most important to NY next season. It wasn't a question of who needed to raise their game more or who had regressed last year. I could go either way between Lin & STAT, but like I said since PG is the most important position on the floor, I don't think this team will go far unless Lin is playing at the top of his game like he was during the Linsanity streak. He was playing out of his mind during those 2 weeks & carrying this team, & while I don't expect him to ever get back to that level, I also don't think it's impossible for him to play that way again. He has shown how great he can be when he's on, & if he even gets back to playing 80% of what he was during that stretch, I think this team will be in great shape. I think this team can still succeed without STAT playing at top level, but w/o Lin this team got severely exposed last year as was clearly evident during the playoffs. We need an effective orchestrator on the floor to make guys like STAT, Novak, Fields, Chandler & JR Smith effective themselves. Without a floor general this team relies entirely too much on Carmelo's isolation game to carry the offense, because no one else other than JR Smith can create their own shot on this team & he is way too inconsistent & streaky to be relied upon as a 2nd option on offense.
    good points

i'm going with Lin, whom we hope will make STAT look good. STAT's game isn't going to change. The guy avg 17 pts a game and 10 rebounds. Lin has to improve in his weak area's and the team needs to take some lessons from the better teams as far as moving the ball around more and team Defense

You can't pick anyone but Melo.

He has to come in and become and a mature leader.

The problem is, you can't fake maturity, and I doubt he will find it this summer. Likely, the team will be like the flounder fish, and it will win 43 games with another First Round exit.

But Melo can save all this and become a Legend, but I don't think he will do it, that's all I'm saying.

Because Lin is Lin. He was doing fine as the Big Kahuna, he was winning games and the team was feeling good.

Lin will be Lin, a very good player, but he can't influence the game as much as he would without Melo. Melo dominates the ball and the brains and the hearts and minds of the team, and the team doesn't feel good right now.

When you have a guy like Amar'e, really cool guy, he's shattering extinguishers with his hand?

That's a manifestation of the frustration he feels playing with Carmelo, but he doesn't want to be the bad apple by calling it out. So this negative energy lashes out in destructive ways, such as the claims of growing 1" last off-season, then you had the extinguisher, then the gay bashing on twitter. Happy people don't do that ****, and everyone was happy playing with Lin. Lin isn't the problem here.