View Poll Results: Who's the better bball player?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo ALL DAY EVERYDAY

    9 30.00%
  • *****, you crazy. Durant>>>>>Melo

    21 70.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52

Thread: Who's the better player? Melo vs Durant

  1. #31
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    The question is who is better player not more accomplished career stop the Melo hate and answer the damn question

  2. #32
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,486
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by Rob Low
    False,false,false,true
    True.

    Pay no attention to InGodsHands. One of the absolute worst posters on the site.

  3. #33
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,486
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    The question is who is better player not more accomplished career stop the Melo hate and answer the damn question
    I think the accomplishments make the case, don't they?

  4. #34
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,916
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    There is not a single NBA executive or scout that would not say Durant.
    Your kidding right ?

    u can add coaches and players too.

    Superstar Durant build a top contender out of the draft.
    Melo build a 50 win team with the help of veteran experience teammates.
    Huge difference...

  5. #35
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    u can add coaches and players too.

    Superstar Durant build a top contender out of the draft.
    Melo build a 50 win team with the help of veteran experience teammates.
    Huge difference...
    Yea, Durant and Melo are on two different levels, different planes.

    Durant is a legit star, even a Superstar, where Melo is just a high scoring player. Really, after almost a decade in the league, Melo is just a high scoring player.

    I mean, it's an absurd question, but a question that I am glad someone asked, because we needed to clear the air.

    Is Melo a top-25 player? I really can't say he is. He's a volume scorer.

  6. #36
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I think the accomplishments make the case, don't they?
    From jump Durant has had things easier than Melo, his career won't forever be compared to LBJ and D Wade, he got 2 more top 4 picks added next to him and his team had time to grow, Melo was expected to come in and produce and he did, he got robbed of the ROY robbed of 2 All Star appearances, had to deal with Prime Duncan and Kobe while KD got the declining versions, Melo is only player in NBA history to average at least 20 ppg and make the playoffs every year of his career. Durant will always be praised higher because Oden is the opposite of LeBron.

    If we ask who's a better basketball player I say KD only because he has the right pieces, system and mindset. Melo now has that so hopefully he follows through this upcoming season Melo proves whether he is ready to take the final step

    OrangeBlobMan you're a big ass hater I bet your a 40 year old virgin and wears glasses with tape in the middle

  7. #37
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    If we ask who's a better basketball player I say KD only because he has the right pieces, system and mindset. Melo now has that so hopefully he follows through this upcoming season Melo proves whether he is ready to take the final step

    OrangeBlobMan you're a big ass hater I bet your a 40 year old virgin and wears glasses with tape in the middle
    I'm actually a pretty cool guy.

    I don't know how you can say that Melo now has the right mindset, that's a crazy thing to say.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Why are we even comparing Melo and Durant? KD is someone who is in Lebron's category, while Melo has a lot more to improve on. For starters, he can work on what Phil Jackson said. Better passing and don't stop the offensive flow of the ball

  9. #39
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    I'm actually a pretty cool guy.

    I don't know how you can say that Melo now has the right mindset, that's a crazy thing to say.
    When Woodson took over as head coach you seen a major change in Melo's game. Not only that his demeanor, his leadership. In April he was playing like a top 3 player, he was defending, passing and scoring. Woodson wont take Melo's ****, he wants him in better shape and what does Melo do, he doesn't take his usual month away then get back, he took a week off and got back to work. Not only for the Olympics but in order to perform at a high level next year.

    If Lin, STAT, Shump and Jeffries dont go down we'd win at least another game vs Miami. Woodson is running everything through Melo like Miami does with LBJ and OKC does with KD and I guarantee you if STAT plays the ultimate Robin roll, Lin gets the offense set up and our role players play their roles our team will be fine. If Melo continues playing D like he did in April and STAT becomes a better on ball defender and more focused off the ball defender we can win 55 games.

    Also, you might be a "cool guy" but your disdain for Melo is cringeworthy every time you say something about him its negative not even constructive criticism.

  10. #40
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    The way I see it, until one of them wins a title, I can't really say one is far superior than the other. Looks like Durant will be losing to Miami with the same score the Knicks lost. Yes Durant is younger and therefore more likely to develop into a champion and hall of famer, however at the moment he is (seemingly) just not ready to compete at that stage. Game on. It's up to Anthony to raise the stakes next season.

  11. #41
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    The way I see it, until one of them wins a title, I can't really say one is far superior than the other. Looks like Durant will be losing to Miami with the same score the Knicks lost. Yes Durant is younger and therefore more likely to develop into a champion and hall of famer, however at the moment he is (seemingly) just not ready to compete at that stage. Game on. It's up to Anthony to raise the stakes next season.
    +1..... I agree with this post. While I think Durant is slightly better, I think Melo just needs to put 100% effort and focus into Knicks basketball for him to be better than Durant. Just like CA7 said, I think Melo is the more skilled player.

  12. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    232
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Melo can score on lebron. KD can't. We didn't get into the Finals because Miami BEAT us 4-1. And barring an insane upset Miami is about to beat OKC 4-1. What if OKC played Miami first round? Would KD be in the NBA Finals?

    The Western Conference isn't the powerhouse it once was. The Mavericks won it last year but most teams have starters who are going past their prime. Lakers are slowly vanishing. Spurs had a great season this year but in the end they lost to a younger and more talented team in the Thunder. Mavericks are not the same. The Eastern Conference boasts the Bulls, Heat, Celtics (older but still has young talent and a still a great core), and the Pacers and Sixers, although not among the strongest teams (I think we could have easily beat either team in the playoffs) still have a lot of promising young talent.

    Also consider this, when Melo was drafted into the Nuggets, the Western Conference was a powerhouse. The Suns, Spurs, Mavericks, and Lakers all were top tier teams back then and I'm not so sure Durant would go as far as he has now.

    These are key issues that we need to think about before making a snap decision on who is better.

    Personally, I think that KD's only advantage over Carmelo is his work ethic. If Melo put as much time as KD does in the gym and more importantly, with his team, he would be much better than him and be right up there with Lebron. Woodson seems like the type of guy who instills that hard working attitude so hopefully he'll motivate Melo the right way. We'll see next season.

  13. #43
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Work Ethic

    Carmelo's work ethic has really changed over the past year, I remember last year watching some NIKE training video that LBJ, CA, D-Wade, CP3, Bosh and a few others took part in. You also remember Melo lifting that monster truck tire to add more upper body strength same way STAT did because they knew they'd be playing more 4 and 5 which is why they both got injured because of carrying excess weight.

    Melo will be with LBJ, KD, CP3, D-Wade and KB24 all summer damn near and will really become a better off the ball player, garner some of their work ethic and "Championship" Mentality, not to mention with Rose being out til January and not being back to full strength likely until February, Orlando blowing it up, Atlanta being sub par, Boston undetermined, Indiana deep but lacking an Alpha Male and Philly seemingly unsure of their roster the Knicks should finish 1st or 2nd in the East if we retain everyone.

    If Woodson can somehow morph Carmelo from 2009 and April of 2012 with STAT of the 1st half of the 2010 season and our role players(Chandler, Shumpert, Smith, Novak, Jeffries, Fields and Lin) follow suit we can do this

  14. #44
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    346
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The way I see it, until one of them wins a title, I can't really say one is far superior than the other.
    Teams win championships not one player. You can't blame Durant if Harden goes 2-10 for two straight games and Ibaka, Perkins are virtually invisible the entire series.

    Durant is averaging 30.2 pts on 55 % shooting in finals.

  15. #45
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Teams win championships not one player. You can't blame Durant if Harden goes 2-10 for two straight games and Ibaka, Perkins are virtually invisible the entire series.

    Durant is averaging 30.2 pts on 55 % shooting in finals.
    But ironically you can blame Melo for not having Lin, Shumpert, Baron and STAT all getting hurt. JR being as cold as Rick James, Novak getting shut down easily and the Miami Heat for realizing this and putting 5 guys on Carmelo. Its not like Durant doesn't have Westbrook who's playing out of his mind(both good and bad)

Similar Threads

  1. Futbol*appreciation*thread
    By KING~POETIQ in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 395
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2014, 16:40
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jul 20, 2011, 04:11
  3. Now or Never for Melo Trade
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jan 18, 2011, 18:37
  4. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 14:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •