View Poll Results: Who's the better bball player?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melo ALL DAY EVERYDAY

9 30.00%
  • *****, you crazy. Durant>>>>>Melo

21 70.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who's the better player? Melo vs Durant

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Teams win championships not one player. You can't blame Durant if Harden goes 2-10 for two straight games and Ibaka, Perkins are virtually invisible the entire series.

Durant is averaging 30.2 pts on 55 % shooting in finals.
    But look at when those points are:
    In Game 1, he poured in 17 of his 36 points in the final quarter, shooting 6-for-10 from the floor.
    In Game 2, he scored 16 of his 32 in the fourth, shooting 5-for-9.
    In Game 3, he managed only four of his 25 points at crunch time on 2-for-6 shooting.
    In Game 4, he only took three shots from the floor in the fourth quarter, converting two, and finished with 28 points overall.
    (Source: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

KD is the go to guy when sh*t hits the fan for the thunder. Say what u want about teams winning championships but u look at all the lakers and bulls championship wins and in crunch time Kobe/MJ got the ball and Kobe/MJ delivered. In game 3 he was in foul trouble so I can let that go but not in game 4.
    I would rather have my best player score 0 points in the first 3 quarters then win it for them in 4th than kill it for 3 quarters and choke in the 4th.
    I won't judge too harshly bc KD still young so he has a lot of room for improvement but it doesn't change the fact that it should be him leading the way in crunch time not Westbrook.

Superstar

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Teams win championships not one player. You can't blame Durant if Harden goes 2-10 for two straight games and Ibaka, Perkins are virtually invisible the entire series.

Durant is averaging 30.2 pts on 55 % shooting in finals.
    Durant is not exempt from blame in this. Yes it is teams that win Championships, however each championship team had at least one person who stands out and takes it upon him to make the difference. The Chicago Bulls won 6 championships between 91 and 98. Care to guess who was missing during the two years where they achieved next to nothing? Nowitzki, Bryant, Shaq, Wade, Bird, Johnson, Thomas, Olajuwon are further examples. The only team I can think of that does not fit this profile is the 2004 Pistons. Durant is not stepping up to the level he has to. Lebron James is killing him. Certainly it is -at the end of the day- a team sport. Even so, this should make Durant's job far easier as OKC are a team who have almost fully gelled due to roster consistency, compared with the ever changing Knicks. I'm not arguing that Durant is not better than Anthony, however until he proves himself at the highest level, and considering Anthony should finally get the chance to show his worth to Knicks fans as next season will be a regular one, this topic will not be as straight forward as many of you think. Anthony has the potential to carry this team. How far that will be depends on the roster, the coach, and his attitude. For now, OKC have not demonstrated much more than the Knicks did vs the Heat. Even Durant's figures vs the Heat are not too different to Anthony's in the equivelant playoff matchup.

Veteran

Default Durant

Just b/c Im a 50 year Knicks Fan, Im not going to lie to myself.
    Durant is a better player, teammate, and team-leader when compared to Melo.

What kind of person would I be if I lied to myself every mourning I look in the mirror?
    If u cant trust yourself....u not goin to trust anyone else....family, friends, or your best NBA player.

KD
    not much to explain

Veteran

Originally Posted by TakMan
    I'm not arguing that Durant is not better than Anthony, however until he proves himself at the highest level, and considering Anthony should finally get the chance to show his worth to Knicks fans as next season will be a regular one, this topic will not be as straight forward as many of you think. Anthony has the potential to carry this team. How far that will be depends on the roster, the coach, and his attitude. For now, OKC have not demonstrated much more than the Knicks did vs the Heat. Even Durant's figures vs the Heat are not too different to Anthony's in the equivelant playoff matchup.

I dont recall any OKC player getting stitches for breaking the glass on a Fire Extingusher b/c they were shutout of the offense by Durant performance all season.
    Durant stats has ball-movement in every Iso-play....as if Durant is the final option....huge-huge difference when u only look at individual stats and disreguard the team-stats.

Seriously?

It's Kevin Durant.

KD and it's not even that close.

KD was the second best player in the league this season. Melo was barely top 10. Melo has the potential to be an elite player again next season though. Here's hoping.