Who's the better bball player?

• Melo ALL DAY EVERYDAY

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • *****, you crazy. Durant>>>>>Melo

Votes: 21 70.0%

• Total voters

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Watching the Finals matchup between OKC and MIA really got me thinking.. What if Melo was in the position of Durant? Would they still be in the Finals if Melo lead that team? And of course, where would we be if Durant represented the Orange & Blue of New York.

To me, their offensive playstyles are very similar. A high dose of mid range shots, decent post up, good passing ability. The difference between them, IMO, is their demeanor and discipline on the court. KD is more controlled and careful with his shot selection. While Melo tends to freestyle and do whatever he feels like doing.

Work ethic? Durant.
Defense? Even
Rebounding? Melo

So tell me what you think guys? Who's the better player? Discuss. :beer:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Overall Durant is the better player (and this is coming from a Carmelo Fan)

Scoring wise

Carmelo -----has multiple ways of scoring, and is damn near unstoppable in 1 on 1 situations, and also has a beast post up game.

Durant----- No stranger to scoring the ball either, we have hear the youngest scoring champion in NBA history, unlimited Range, and probably the deadliest Jumper in the NBA, he can also use his length to take advantage of scoring down low.

Durant- IMO is the winner here-- he's way more efficient than melo and shoots at a high FG%

Durant--- winner

Rebounding-------

Carmelo- IMO is the winner here, he never gives up on a rebounding, if he's under the basket and knows his shot is off he's up their in the air to grab the rebounding for the put back in lighting speeds. Neither are GREAT rebounders but Carmelo EDGES this one out

Carmelo--- winner

Defense-------

Durant IMO winner here

Tough call i don't know both are not great defenders, but Melo's defense has improved quite a bit. I would say Durant is probably still the better defender because of his length.

Durant-- winner

Strength------

IMO- Carmelo wins here
Im sure we can all agree Carmelo has this department locked down

Carmelo winner---

Speed and Agility-----

IMO- EVEN but ill give the slight edge to Durant

In transition Durant is clearly quicker blows by his defender with a nasty finish.

1 vs 1 situations i would give it to Carmelo, give him to much room he'll shoot it, come to close he'll blow by you before you can blink your eyes.

Winner---Durant

Statisicaly, Durant is the winner in this department, so id have to give this one to him + he's more of a team player.

Durant-winner

CARMELO HANDS DOWN

--- No matter how good of a scorer Durant may be , im still giving the ball to Carmelo for a final shot without thinking twice.

-Carmelo Winner

Durant is what 23 years old, in about 2 years Durant will make Carmelo look like childs play IMO. Iv'e never seen a player so deadly at such a young age before i mean just 2 years ago he was the scoring champ averaging 30 ppg and thats very impressive. Once Durant puts on a little more muscle and develops a post up game the kids going to be scary for years to come.

Dont get me wrong both are great scorers and players but at the end of the day i think i'd have to take Durant over Melo.

If Durant was in Melos position during the playoffs I STILL don't see us making it out the first round. They would lock Durant up just like they did to MELO. You see with the Thunder they have Westbrook and Harden to take the scoring load off Durant, We were to injured during these playoffs to make noise.

IF Melo was in Durants position and had to lead the Thunder, i honestly don't know. Melo never played next to a PG as explosive as Westbrook. Lin is explosive to but not as aggressive as Westbrook. Melo is not really a catch in shoot player nor is he a good of 3pt shooter as Durant and he's not as efficient. I think Melo could of took the thunder the western conference finals but i dont think they would reach the FINALS FINALS for the championship. their would be to much iso play between Melo and westbrook.

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Melo never played next to a PG as explosive as Westbrook.
Iverson and Ty Lawson.

I think Durant is better now because he drives more to he basket than he did last season. Last year Kidd stopped him sometimes in the WCF, now KD is more aggressive. Melo is more versatile, I think Durant is better now.

Hopefully next season Melo takes it to the next level. If he does what he did in April next season all season, and all throughout the post-season, then he's gonna be scary.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I come online to find this thread?

What is this, some kind of sick, disgusting joke?

Melo doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Durant!!

Better question is, "who is better, Tony Campbell or Carmelo Anthony?"

It's close but I have to go with Tony Campbell.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I come online to find this thread?

What is this, some kind of sick, disgusting joke?

Melo doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Durant!!

Better question is, "who is better, Tony Campbell or Carmelo Anthony?"

It's close but I have to go with Tony Campbell.

I'm very aware of your dislike for Melo but at a certain point you will post some dumb sh*t like this which makes it seem like you don't have a clue.

You don't have to like the guy but you make yourself look stupid when you purposely dismiss the high level of pure basketball talent of Melo.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
agreed!!
if anything these finals are proving that Melo is not even close to Durant. Even the stats back him up but just ask youself this....Durant is a superstar, top 3 mvp candidate. Melo is a star and hasnt been even mentioned in the mvp discussion (top 5), pluse Durant is 5 years younger.

is this even worth the discussion?
We can talk about what durant does better and where Melo might have the edge, but as far as better player....cmon, we're knowledgeable knick fans we know bball

Ohh... boy...

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I'm very aware of your dislike for Melo but at a certain point you will post some dumb sh*t like this which makes it seem like you don't have a clue.

You don't have to like the guy but you make yourself look stupid when you purposely dismiss the high level of pure basketball talent of Melo.
lmao :beer:

Sage

Rotation player
I'm a Melo fan and even I think Durant is better. He's got great skill, class and maturity and I firmly believe he deserved MVP this year instead of James.

fender0577

Rotation player
I f*cking hate the heat, for real.Durant has the same problems as melo, he needs to move without the ball, he's making it easy to guard him right now.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
WTF, Melo doesnt show up for the season, goes H.A.M. when it doesnt mean ****.
Durant goes H.A.M. all season and chokes harder than Lebron in the Finals???
imagine if we had the good side of a combination of the two?

Is this really a question?...

Melo's selling point is his offense. Durant is the defending 3-time scoring champ.

Melo is horrid in the playoffs, Durant is in the Finals at age 23.

Melo is a great player, Durant is just better.