Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: List of Free Agents for the Summer of 2012

Ray Allen would be great, as others have said would complement our existing pieces, spreading the floor for Melo, Lin (assuming he signs) and Shump (when healthy).

I would take a look at Tracy McGrady for the Vet Min. Feasibly could backup 3 positions (PG, SG, SF) and would add a veteran presence coming off the bench. There was talk of him signing for less money to come off the bench when we were going after LeBron/Wade/AN Other max contract in 2010 and although age and injuries have taken their toll, maybe a 1 or 2 year Vet Min deal could be of some benefit, especially if (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not totally up to speed with cap restrictions) signing for the Vet Min wouldn't affect our cap space/MLE etc too much if at all.

This roster, if possible (like I said, I am far from familiar with cap limitations so this might be totally impossible), would IMO put us in a great position to challenge for a title.

PG: Lin, Nash/Kidd (MLE), Douglas
    SG: Fields, Shump, Allen, JR
    SF: Melo, McGrady, Novak
    PF: Amar'e, Jorts, Odom?? (Bi-Annual exception?? Do we have this? Will Dallas waive/cut him? Lots to think about here)
    C: Tyson, Jordan

Plus any draft picks we add...

Originally Posted by ChrisN7
    Ray Allen would be great, as others have said would complement our existing pieces, spreading the floor for Melo, Lin (assuming he signs) and Shump (when healthy).

I would take a look at Tracy McGrady for the Vet Min. Feasibly could backup 3 positions (PG, SG, SF) and would add a veteran presence coming off the bench. There was talk of him signing for less money to come off the bench when we were going after LeBron/Wade/AN Other max contract in 2010 and although age and injuries have taken their toll, maybe a 1 or 2 year Vet Min deal could be of some benefit, especially if (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not totally up to speed with cap restrictions) signing for the Vet Min wouldn't affect our cap space/MLE etc too much if at all.

This roster, if possible (like I said, I am far from familiar with cap limitations so this might be totally impossible), would IMO put us in a great position to challenge for a title.

PG: Lin, Nash/Kidd (MLE), Douglas
    SG: Fields, Shump, Allen, JR
    SF: Melo, McGrady, Novak
    PF: Amar'e, Jorts, Odom?? (Bi-Annual exception?? Do we have this? Will Dallas waive/cut him? Lots to think about here)
    C: Tyson, Jordan

Plus any draft picks we add...
    We can't get Nash and Allen. It's either or and that's if the NBA loses the appeal for Bird Rights and Allen or Nash decide they're OK with taking $3 mill for the season. The only way we would be able to get them both is if either or both were willing to sign for vet minimum (we would use the MLE for the other) which is highly unlikely. The same applies for Odom and McGrady although I think it's more probable that they would sign for vet minimum.

I still think Ray Allen will resign with the Celtics and would be very surprised to see him leave them. Not sure where Nash will go. Hopefully neither go to the Heat.

I think I just jinxed it.

Odom is a whipped bitch that wants to play for the clippers just because his ho wife wants to live in LA. He tanked with Dallas when they conceivably could have been championship caliber.

Originally Posted by Yes the NBA is Rigged
    Odom is a whipped bitch that wants to play for the clippers just because his ho wife wants to live in LA. He tanked with Dallas when they conceivably could have been championship caliber.
    i dont think the mavs would of went far even if Odom was playing to his full potential, Not signing tyson put a hole in their defense big time, there D was still pretty good but not championship material like last season

With all the recent news about Ray Allen to the Heat being a done deal and Randy Foye apparently wanting NY I'm thinking maybe the knicks should pick up Foye and DeShawn Stevenson with their Mini MLE and BAE and see if Kidd is willing to come to NY for the minimum.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    With all the recent news about Ray Allen to the Heat being a done deal and Randy Foye apparently wanting NY I'm thinking maybe the knicks should pick up Foye and DeShawn Stevenson with their Mini MLE and BAE and see if Kidd is willing to come to NY for the minimum.
    I actually would be all over this provided we draft Scott Machado just in case we can't secure a veteran back up PG. All of the posters on KO should realise that Nash and Allen won't be coming here.

Only thing I would suggest is that we don't sign Stevenson if we can secure Foye. Chances are that the Knicks will re-sign Fields so I think between JR/Fields/Shumpert (when he returns) we will be sufficient at the SG position. Wouldn't mind our BAE going to a younger version of JJ. OR potentially using it on Kenyon Martin if he falls through the cracks.

How about we bring Jordan Hill back to replace Jared Jeffries

I hope we get OJ Mayo, Kirk H & a gritty-gutty big center to backup TC.

LIN (Hinrich or Flynn)
    Mayo (Shumpert)
    Anthony (Novak)
    Amar'e (Joorts)
    Chandler (Jeffries, vet OC)

Take a gamble on waiver wire guys (akin to what we've down w/ S-Williams & S-Novak the last 2 years.

This is probably our best 12-man we can field.

Looking at post season... That starting 5 with a bench rotation of Hinrich, Shump, Novak, Jeffries & another BIG... That might do it.

NOW... Hinrich is probably a longshot, especially if we snag Mayo.... So go after Jonny Flynn instead.
    Last edited by mafra; Jun 30, 2012 at 18:29.

"The Timberwolves have decided not to extend qualifying offers to Michael Beasley and Anthony Randolph. They're now unrestricted free agents."

AlexKennedyNBA (Alex Kennedy)

Id welcome back Anthony Randolph back for the right price