JR Smith to apparently decline Knicks' option

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
JR Smith will decline Knicks option but intends to re-sign for longer term w/NY, source says. Story posting soon.
8 minutes ago via webReplyRetweetFavorite
@HowardBeckNYT
Howard Beck

Grain of salt on this one, but we'd be much better off if he were to pick it up and be evaluated by next season's efforts.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;238401 said:
JR Smith will decline Knicks option but intends to re-sign for longer term w/NY, source says. Story posting soon.
8 minutes ago via webReplyRetweetFavorite
@HowardBeckNYT
Howard Beck

Grain of salt on this one, but we'd be much better off if he were to pick it up and be evaluated by next season's efforts.

He could re-sign a 2 year deal. Then after 2 years look to sign a big long term deal at that point he'd be 28 and could get his big pay day

Sage

Rotation player
He can get an extra 20% salary if he opts out and signs a new contract. Makes sense for him to do that.

CoolClyde

Junior Swisherino

i think Junior Swish wants to test the waters, see if he can get more than Knicks can afford from another team. he couldn't give a f*ck about the Knicks, he just wants cash money, cash money, show me the money honey, fags.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Oh then I guess give him the money..I wasnt impressed with him after the hype but he did help win some games I suppose.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Thats my guy hope he comes back. I guess you guys would rather see Tony Douglas or maybe lets bring back Bill Walker he was a great one.:2cents:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I have absolutely no problem with him leaving, we don't have the money he's looking for and we don't need his chucking each second game. Thanks for stopping by.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
He was big for us a few times. I know he chucks but I'd keep him being that we don't have many options to fill out the roster and we already know Shump will be out for some time and we don't know how Landry will look come training camp. We just need a starting and back up PG cause JR is no Ginobili or Harden off the bench and shouldn't be in charge of running anything... just do what you do best.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
with Shump not returning to the court until January, we need all the help we can get at the guard spot...i wouldn't be upset if JR didn't sign and i wouldn't be upset if he did. He's a Love/hate type player.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The Knicks remain confident he will re-sign with them for the 20-percent raise that is allowable, according to a source. With the raise, Smith can make close to $2.8 million next season on a one-year deal with the Knicks, who don?t have to use their mid-level exception... Had he opted in, Smith would have made just $2.5 million... Smith prefers a one-year deal because that would give him Bird rights next summer. This would allow him to sign a long-term deal at a much higher rate."
http://www.nj.com/knicks/index.ssf/2012/06/knicks_links_jr_smith_ready_fo.html

Kiyaman

Legend
Thats my guy hope he comes back. I guess you guys would rather see Tony Douglas or maybe lets bring back Bill Walker he was a great one.:2cents:

JR Smith is only good to use for trade bait at a cheap price $2M per....we did not need JR services....signing JR was actually a waste.
I wouldve rather kept Walker & Balkman (outside/inside) services.

And yes, I wouldve rather we use a 3rd season Toney Douglas low-turnover ratio bringing up the ball, better decision making at getting bench players involve, better shot selection percentage, and 10 times better on the defensive end....rather then watch JR fancy dribble in one spot throwing up air ball and rocket shots at the basket with no follow up or trips to the foul line, and never passing the ball to an open Tyson, Amare, or Novak.

I would rather give Nate Robinson the league minimum or $2M per, to replace Shump at the 2 spot, and backup Lin at the 1 spot.
I would rather have a backcourt of PG-Lin, SG-Fields, Combo-Nate, and Combo-TD next season.....if Melo dont like any of these players to FF-ing bad, let him ask to be traded....I would rather pay Deron Williams all that money to be on a roster with Lin/Shump/Fields/Amare/and Tyson Chandler any day of the week.

Denver Nuggets garbage (Melo/JR) is not our treasure....No one could say the same about the winning-players we gave to the Denver Nuggets....what was Denver's record this season without no defense Iso-Melo & Iso-JR???

nyk_nyk

All Star
And yes, I wouldve rather we use a 3rd season Toney Douglas low-turnover ratio bringing up the ball, better decision making at getting bench players involve, better shot selection percentage, and 10 times better on the defensive end....rather then watch JR fancy dribble in one spot throwing up air ball and rocket shots at the basket with no follow up or trips to the foul line, and never passing the ball to an open Tyson, Amare, or Novak.

Which Toney Douglas are you talking about??? If Douglas did everything you mentioned, he'd be in the rotation and not rotting on the end of the bench. Go back and watch the games man. He was usually horrible.

Kiyaman

Legend
Which Toney Douglas are you talking about??? If Douglas did everything you mentioned, he'd be in the rotation and not rotting on the end of the bench. Go back and watch the games man. He was usually horrible.

Wake-up! every player was horrible in the "ISO-Melo" offense....8-15 record.
Stats 2010-11 MVP performance in the "ISO-Melo" offense has the majority of the fans wanting him traded.

Funny coincidence....Billups/Lin/Davis injured for postseason