Thread: Walsh returning as Pacers GM

Default Walsh returning as Pacers GM

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

To me Walsh is that 9.5 you dated a lil while ago and although your time together is done I don't want to see you with anyone else.

Damn, AFP opened the same thread in the NBA section while I was posting this one, so rady/RJ could you merge these two or lock one of them?

Veteran

I see Larry Bird quit as well. Weird because he just won NBA Exec of the Year.

Veteran

Thumbs down Pacers going down hill under Walsh

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I see Larry Bird quit as well. Weird because he just won NBA Exec of the Year.

Larry Bird 2nd time quitting on the Indiana Pacers organization .... after having a successful season.

Bringing Walsh back to the Indiana organization before draft night is a bad sign.

Can't believe we let Donnie Wallballs go. Guy was a winner, Dolan would have been wise to let him run ****.

I'll tell you this: even if you think Carmelo was worth giving up Gallinari and 18 other players for, this team would have been closer to a championship today with Donnie in charge.

Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Can't believe we let Donnie Wallballs go. Guy was a winner, Dolan would have been wise to let him run ****.

I'll tell you this: even if you think Carmelo was worth giving up Gallinari and 18 other players for, this team would have been closer to a championship today with Donnie in charge.
    And ill tell you this with walsh we would still have an injured billups turiaf as our starting center and no jeremy lin or novak

****ty argument. Lin was once in a billion years. It's like lightning hitting you four times in a row or winning the mega millions jackpot two times, consecutively.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    i guess this proves that Dolan ran him out of town and picked his guy Glen Grunwald....i still like the moves Grunwald has made and I don't agree with Walsh's reasoning of keeping all those guys instead of trading for Melo

I didnt like Donnies pick for Mike D, that was such a waste of time.

I liked Walsh but we are good with Grunwald, so far he has done a great job. Lets see how he drafts.

Superstar

Originally Posted by orangeblobman

No not really. Donnie was completely overrated as a GM. He was totally average. Because of how awful Thomas was and how badly he ruined the team Walsh just looked better in comparison. For every good decision he made he also made another really bad one.

He traded too many picks, other than Shump, he didn't draft well, signed stat for waaayyyyy too much, Hired D'Antoni... and so on.

So far Grunwald has done really well.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    No not really. Donnie was completely overrated as a GM. He was totally average. Because of how awful Thomas was and how badly he ruined the team Walsh just looked better in comparison. For every good decision he made he also made another really bad one.

He traded too many picks, other than Shump, he didn't draft well, signed stat for waaayyyyy too much, Hired D'Antoni... and so on.

So far Grunwald has done really well.
    His hand was forced to an extent because the Knicks publicly stated they were going for Lebron, so he had to move some picks to open space.

The team Donnie built prior to the Melo trade was not a world-beater, but they were on the way to building a solid team that would drop the buckets for many years.

Grunwald, if Lin doesn't drop out of the sky, you're singing a different tune about his time here.

Good Luck to Walsh over there in Indiana, they have a bright future and nice young core of guys.

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    To me Walsh is that 9.5 you dated a lil while ago and although your time together is done I don't want to see you with anyone else.
    That's.... seriously spot on. Rep for you, sir.

Walsh was the reason we had the assets to trade for Melo and to sign Stat (which was a failure) but the guy sure knew how to access talent in the draft! We definitely missed him this year!

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Walsh was the reason we had the assets to trade for Melo and to sign Stat (which was a failure) but the guy sure knew how to access talent in the draft! We definitely missed him this year!
    I don't understand why everybody thinks the STAT signing was a failure... the guy bought excitement back to NY .. OPENED THE door for Melo and Chandler wanting to come here and had a MVP type season last year... He had a down year this year but he's willing to work hard this offseason