Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Walsh returning as Pacers GM

  1. #1
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Walsh returning as Pacers GM

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Superstar MSGhobo247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    794
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    To me Walsh is that 9.5 you dated a lil while ago and although your time together is done I don't want to see you with anyone else.

  3. #3
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Damn, AFP opened the same thread in the NBA section while I was posting this one, so rady/RJ could you merge these two or lock one of them?

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,912
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I see Larry Bird quit as well. Weird because he just won NBA Exec of the Year.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Thumbs down Pacers going down hill under Walsh

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I see Larry Bird quit as well. Weird because he just won NBA Exec of the Year.

    Larry Bird 2nd time quitting on the Indiana Pacers organization .... after having a successful season.

    Bringing Walsh back to the Indiana organization before draft night is a bad sign.

  6. #6
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Can't believe we let Donnie Wallballs go. Guy was a winner, Dolan would have been wise to let him run ****.

    I'll tell you this: even if you think Carmelo was worth giving up Gallinari and 18 other players for, this team would have been closer to a championship today with Donnie in charge.

  7. #7
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Can't believe we let Donnie Wallballs go. Guy was a winner, Dolan would have been wise to let him run ****.

    I'll tell you this: even if you think Carmelo was worth giving up Gallinari and 18 other players for, this team would have been closer to a championship today with Donnie in charge.
    And ill tell you this with walsh we would still have an injured billups turiaf as our starting center and no jeremy lin or novak

  8. #8
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    ****ty argument. Lin was once in a billion years. It's like lightning hitting you four times in a row or winning the mega millions jackpot two times, consecutively.

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    i guess this proves that Dolan ran him out of town and picked his guy Glen Grunwald....i still like the moves Grunwald has made and I don't agree with Walsh's reasoning of keeping all those guys instead of trading for Melo

    I didnt like Donnies pick for Mike D, that was such a waste of time.

    I liked Walsh but we are good with Grunwald, so far he has done a great job. Lets see how he drafts.

  10. #10
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by orangeblobman
    Can't believe we let Donnie Wallballs go. Guy was a winner, Dolan would have been wise to let him run ****.

    I'll tell you this: even if you think Carmelo was worth giving up Gallinari and 18 other players for, this team would have been closer to a championship today with Donnie in charge.
    No not really. Donnie was completely overrated as a GM. He was totally average. Because of how awful Thomas was and how badly he ruined the team Walsh just looked better in comparison. For every good decision he made he also made another really bad one.

    He traded too many picks, other than Shump, he didn't draft well, signed stat for waaayyyyy too much, Hired D'Antoni... and so on.

    So far Grunwald has done really well.

  11. #11
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Forrest17
    No not really. Donnie was completely overrated as a GM. He was totally average. Because of how awful Thomas was and how badly he ruined the team Walsh just looked better in comparison. For every good decision he made he also made another really bad one.

    He traded too many picks, other than Shump, he didn't draft well, signed stat for waaayyyyy too much, Hired D'Antoni... and so on.

    So far Grunwald has done really well.
    His hand was forced to an extent because the Knicks publicly stated they were going for Lebron, so he had to move some picks to open space.

    The team Donnie built prior to the Melo trade was not a world-beater, but they were on the way to building a solid team that would drop the buckets for many years.

    Grunwald, if Lin doesn't drop out of the sky, you're singing a different tune about his time here.

  12. #12
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Good Luck to Walsh over there in Indiana, they have a bright future and nice young core of guys.

  13. #13
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    To me Walsh is that 9.5 you dated a lil while ago and although your time together is done I don't want to see you with anyone else.
    That's.... seriously spot on. Rep for you, sir.

  14. #14
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Walsh was the reason we had the assets to trade for Melo and to sign Stat (which was a failure) but the guy sure knew how to access talent in the draft! We definitely missed him this year!

  15. #15
    Member JoHnNyBoXeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Walsh was the reason we had the assets to trade for Melo and to sign Stat (which was a failure) but the guy sure knew how to access talent in the draft! We definitely missed him this year!
    I don't understand why everybody thinks the STAT signing was a failure... the guy bought excitement back to NY .. OPENED THE door for Melo and Chandler wanting to come here and had a MVP type season last year... He had a down year this year but he's willing to work hard this offseason

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 10, 2011, 13:26
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2011, 20:35
  3. Walsh Transcript
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 23, 2009, 15:20
  4. Replies: 219
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2009, 07:35
  5. The Walsh era has Begun!
    By GoKnIcKsDLEE42 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: Apr 04, 2008, 02:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •