Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Randy Foye interested in Knicks

Default Randy Foye interested in Knicks

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Randy Foye is interested in signing with the Knicks, according to a source.

New York will have more flexibility in free agency following an arbitration ruling involving early Bird Rights.

"He will have multiple offers at that amount and more annually," the source told ESPN New York. "New York would be a great fit for both [playing and financial reasons]."

Foye could start at shooting guard until Iman Shumpert is recovered.

Foye grew up in New Jersey and has a strong history of play at Madison Square Garden.

Reminds me of Chauncey Billups from a skill set stand point, less of a floor general but still solid, more athletic

Foye- 6'4 215

Lin/Foye/Shumpert/Smith would be great in our back court

Veteran

Pretty good 3-point shooter. Having JR and Foye to space the floor would be amazing.

cool fact about Randy Foye: he has situs inversus meaning his organs are reversed.

Also, he's a good 3 point shooter, mario chalmers type so i think he'd def be a great addition.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Pretty good 3-point shooter. Having JR and Foye to space the floor would be amazing.
    forget smith. to erratic in game and trouble off court...lets make this franchise classy again. with good players that have good work ethics.

Well, we're all witnessing Carmelo changing his work ethic, so maybe JR is going to change his as well?
    But, if I had to choose between Earl and Foye I'd take the current Clipper in a heartbeat.

Originally Posted by NYNYK
    cool fact about Randy Foye: he has situs inversus meaning his organs are reversed.

Also, he's a good 3 point shooter, mario chalmers type so i think he'd def be a great addition.
    is he a twin?

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Well, we're all witnessing Carmelo changing his work ethic, so maybe JR is going to change his as well?
    But, if I had to choose between Earl and Foye I'd take the current Clipper in a heartbeat.
    true, he can be great, but his best games were when we had the lead, no pressure and most of his points were after the lead.
    I'd like to see him perform better(consistant) when we are down.

Veteran

When Melo & JR.Smith start working-out with their TEAMMATES in the offseason to add chemistry instead of ISO....then their work-ethic change is for the sake of a better team....untill then they are individual-players that does not better their teammates performance....they do the oposite.

Randy Foye and Nate Robinson would be the perfect cheap pickups for the Knicks this offseason....these two guards would bring a transition energy off the bench to control the temple of the game, plus become the perfect backups for Lin & Fields.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

SWEET!!! Foye would be perfect as our complimentary 2 to start then eventually 6th/7th man off the bench( assuming we re-up JR as expected ).

looks like players are willing to take a little less to play in NY great to hear this happenin. better players and more complete lineup; all important to building a championship squad.

Originally Posted by jzero29
    is he a twin?
    No he's not a twin. It's just a harmless condition where ur heart is on your right side, liver on the left, etc. Like a mirror image of a normal person. Thought it was pretty cool.

Originally Posted by NYNYK

interesting, ill throw you some rep

Veteran

Does anyone ever question why other teams are not banging at the door of JR SMITH ?????? People on this board are so blinded by this guy........He is not a team player and will not add chemistry to a winning organization......COME ON ALREADY....Melo to Smith ...Smith to Melo.....23 seconds off the shot clock....you could pull your hair out watching

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    When Melo & JR.Smith start working-out with their TEAMMATES in the offseason to add chemistry instead of ISO....then their work-ethic change is for the sake of a better team....untill then they are individual-players that does not better their teammates performance....they do the oposite.

Randy Foye and Nate Robinson would be the perfect cheap pickups for the Knicks this offseason....these two guards would bring a transition energy off the bench to control the temple of the game, plus become the perfect backups for Lin & Fields.
    Not for nothing, but I'm curious why you are critical of Melo & JR for not working out with their teammates this offseason, but yet not being critical of other guys on this team like Lin or STAT. Are those guys working out with their teammates this offseason? If so I can understand your frustration. But if not I don't see the reason for the double standard.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

Melo is in LA working out with Chandler and Lin right now and will be playing with Chandler on the US team

Veteran

Originally Posted by STAT1
    Not for nothing, but I'm curious why you are critical of Melo & JR for not working out with their teammates this offseason, but yet not being critical of other guys on this team like Lin or STAT. Are those guys working out with their teammates this offseason? If so I can understand your frustration. But if not I don't see the reason for the double standard.

The week after we sign Stat he was at the Knicks gym working out with his new Knicks teammates. Stat took a trip to Isreal that same offseason, when he returned from Isreal, a week later Stat was at the gym working out with his new Knicks teammates who also returned from their summer vacation (Gallo & W.Chandler).
    We started the 2010-11 season off slow b/c our starting PG-Felton did not show up at the Knicks gym to workout with any of his new Knicks teammates during the offseason. The Knicks started winning consecutively when they put a familiar lineup on the court that worked-out in the summer .... Stat, W.Chandler, Gallo, Fields, TD, and a Felton practicing the pick n roll with Stat during games.

Melo and JR.Smith been teammates the past 6 to 7 seasons.... it was hard to tell when both were in Knicks uniforms this season.... it was Shump performance that had JR.Smith bring energy to the court not Melo.