Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great News ! Amare and Tyson will be working with Hakeem Olujuwan this offseason

Default Great News ! Amare and Tyson will be working with Hakeem Olujuwan this offseason

That's right ladies and gents... Hakeem the dream will be flying to NY to work out with our 2 all star bigs ... As reported by Stephen a Smith and Ryan Ry
    ucco on 98.7 espn

Not really new news, but nice post...would love to see Amare work down low in the post, it would make it more tougher for the opponent to defend us, i rather see Tyson work on a jumper rather than post, but if he can get a little hook shot going on that would be nice to.

Veteran

So, pretty much the way I envision this going down is that Hakeem walks into the gym and one of the Knicks' coaches is going to go up to him and say, "Okay, we need you to teach this one guy everything about how a big man should play offense and this other guy everything about how a big man should play defense."

Nice! I remember how he worked with Kobe's game. Hoping for the best!

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Not really new news, but nice post...would love to see Amare work down low in the post, it would make it more tougher for the opponent to defend us, i rather see Tyson work on a jumper rather than post, but if he can get a little hook shot going on that would be nice to.
    yeah it's going to be great and this isn't old news this is the first time espn new york is reporting that

Superstar

I understand TC may need a little help on the offense, but i'd be fine if he didn't work with him at all.His defensive skills are enough for me, but that Damn AMARE, better get his a** in the gym and sulk up everything The Dream says.Hell the knicks should hire him on the coaching staff full time for the rest of STATS career, as a knick.As much as i defended AMARE this year, i was disgusted with him, not even trying to post up, ever.

makes sense if they work together. having TC working on the block is the biggest hurdle with amare and spacing issues.

if i was amare i would hire a pro volleyball trainer/player. it works on lateral,vertical, timing and coordination in a smaller space.

work on defense....right? LOL

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

thats great news!! almost....musical! looks like woodson knows what hes doing and knows how to make our 2 superstars co-exist. have stat a little in the post where he has more athleticism and strength then most. switch him around between post and pick and roll and we got ourselves a system in the making,

Originally Posted by JoHnNyBoXeR
    yeah it's going to be great and this isn't old news this is the first time espn new york is reporting that
    oh, maybe it's just official now because before he spoke of working on his post this off-season, i remember posting about it in one of Amare's threads, but yeah at the end of the day this is what we need from Amare, im still not buying into him actually using these post moves lol last season he said he was working on his "Handles/crossover" and we seen how that turned out

Default word to wood son

this is actually great news, if STAT indeed continues to be a Knick, and that looks like the case if they brought the Dream in to help... Personally, i'd rather see Knicks trade STAT and free up cap space, as he's no longer worth the money he's being paid; BUT - if Akeem can help him improve by developing a post up, defensive presence, I'm all for it. those are 2 areas STAT needs the most help.

Major props to Wood Son for thinking outside the box.
    First he's helping Fields with the jump shot, now this...

Great news... any chance we can get Harrelson and Jordan to sit in on a couple of these sessions? Wouldn't hurt.

If Dream can teach STAT this 1 move I'll be happy

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Originally Posted by STAT1
    If Dream can teach STAT this 1 move I'll be happy

I remember Yao worked out with Hakeem which is what you would have expected because they were both Rockets. Yao was asked later what he learned and he said the most valuable thing he learned was the mental approach to the game but as far as learning Hakeems basketball moves he just didn't think he had the same game as him.

Amare on the other hand does have those skills. Look at that dream shake, crossover dribble, pump fake, drop step and layup all at lightning speed. Tyson can't do that but Amare can, there's a comment in that Trade Amare thread about him losing his athleticism and it's probably true. Amare needs to change his game for the second phase of his career and he can start at Hakeems school.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    I remember Yao worked out with Hakeem which is what you would have expected because they were both Rockets. Yao was asked later what he learned and he said the most valuable thing he learned was the mental approach to the game but as far as learning Hakeems basketball moves he just didn't think he had the same game as him.

Amare on the other hand does have those skills. Look at that dream shake, crossover dribble, pump fake, drop step and layup all at lightning speed. Tyson can't do that but Amare can, there's a comment in that Trade Amare thread about him losing his athleticism and it's probably true. Amare needs to change his game for the second phase of his career and he can start at Hakeems school.
    Dream had unworldly skills to be able to make those types of moves at his size, but even if STAT can just learn how to post up & perfect that little drop step / turn around jumper that Hakeem was able to knock down with regularity, it would do WONDERS for the Knicks' offensive schemes, & we wouldn't have to rely so much on Melo's isolation to score points for us on every possession. There's no reason at all why STAT wouldn't be capable of perfecting that move on the low block, or even a running hookshot: