Great News ! Amare and Tyson will be working with Hakeem Olujuwan this offseason

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
That's right ladies and gents... Hakeem the dream will be flying to NY to work out with our 2 all star bigs ... As reported by Stephen a Smith and Ryan Ry
ucco on 98.7 espn

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Not really new news, but nice post...would love to see Amare work down low in the post, it would make it more tougher for the opponent to defend us, i rather see Tyson work on a jumper rather than post, but if he can get a little hook shot going on that would be nice to.

So, pretty much the way I envision this going down is that Hakeem walks into the gym and one of the Knicks' coaches is going to go up to him and say, "Okay, we need you to teach this one guy everything about how a big man should play offense and this other guy everything about how a big man should play defense."

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Not really new news, but nice post...would love to see Amare work down low in the post, it would make it more tougher for the opponent to defend us, i rather see Tyson work on a jumper rather than post, but if he can get a little hook shot going on that would be nice to.

yeah it's going to be great and this isn't old news this is the first time espn new york is reporting that

fender0577

Rotation player
I understand TC may need a little help on the offense, but i'd be fine if he didn't work with him at all.His defensive skills are enough for me, but that Damn AMARE, better get his a** in the gym and sulk up everything The Dream says.Hell the knicks should hire him on the coaching staff full time for the rest of STATS career, as a knick.As much as i defended AMARE this year, i was disgusted with him, not even trying to post up, ever.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
makes sense if they work together. having TC working on the block is the biggest hurdle with amare and spacing issues.

if i was amare i would hire a pro volleyball trainer/player. it works on lateral,vertical, timing and coordination in a smaller space.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
thats great news!! almost....musical! looks like woodson knows what hes doing and knows how to make our 2 superstars co-exist. have stat a little in the post where he has more athleticism and strength then most. switch him around between post and pick and roll and we got ourselves a system in the making,

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
yeah it's going to be great and this isn't old news this is the first time espn new york is reporting that
oh, maybe it's just official now because before he spoke of working on his post this off-season, i remember posting about it in one of Amare's threads, but yeah at the end of the day this is what we need from Amare, im still not buying into him actually using these post moves lol last season he said he was working on his "Handles/crossover" and we seen how that turned out

CoolClyde

word to wood son

this is actually great news, if STAT indeed continues to be a Knick, and that looks like the case if they brought the Dream in to help... Personally, i'd rather see Knicks trade STAT and free up cap space, as he's no longer worth the money he's being paid; BUT - if Akeem can help him improve by developing a post up, defensive presence, I'm all for it. those are 2 areas STAT needs the most help.

Major props to Wood Son for thinking outside the box.
First he's helping Fields with the jump shot, now this...
:beer:

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Great news... any chance we can get Harrelson and Jordan to sit in on a couple of these sessions? Wouldn't hurt.

tiger0330

Legend
If Dream can teach STAT this 1 move I'll be happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc02Z4-0wDM
I remember Yao worked out with Hakeem which is what you would have expected because they were both Rockets. Yao was asked later what he learned and he said the most valuable thing he learned was the mental approach to the game but as far as learning Hakeems basketball moves he just didn't think he had the same game as him.

Amare on the other hand does have those skills. Look at that dream shake, crossover dribble, pump fake, drop step and layup all at lightning speed. Tyson can't do that but Amare can, there's a comment in that Trade Amare thread about him losing his athleticism and it's probably true. Amare needs to change his game for the second phase of his career and he can start at Hakeems school.

STAT1

Starter
I remember Yao worked out with Hakeem which is what you would have expected because they were both Rockets. Yao was asked later what he learned and he said the most valuable thing he learned was the mental approach to the game but as far as learning Hakeems basketball moves he just didn't think he had the same game as him.

Amare on the other hand does have those skills. Look at that dream shake, crossover dribble, pump fake, drop step and layup all at lightning speed. Tyson can't do that but Amare can, there's a comment in that Trade Amare thread about him losing his athleticism and it's probably true. Amare needs to change his game for the second phase of his career and he can start at Hakeems school.

Dream had unworldly skills to be able to make those types of moves at his size, but even if STAT can just learn how to post up & perfect that little drop step / turn around jumper that Hakeem was able to knock down with regularity, it would do WONDERS for the Knicks' offensive schemes, & we wouldn't have to rely so much on Melo's isolation to score points for us on every possession. There's no reason at all why STAT wouldn't be capable of perfecting that move on the low block, or even a running hookshot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcae_NBtkb4&feature=related

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
^Good post, + rep!

Dream's turnaround jumper was lethal. Amar'e doesn't need a dream shake to be effective, he just needs to be able to have one more weapon in the arsenal because he's not as athletic as he used to be. If he can keep defenders honest in the low post with even a small back to the basket game, it'll change the way they play against him entirely, because right now, all they have to do is get up in his face since his jumper isn't there yet.

Hopefully he picks up a bit of Dreams' defensive mentality too.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^Good post, + rep!

Dream's turnaround jumper was lethal. Amar'e doesn't need a dream shake to be effective, he just needs to be able to have one more weapon in the arsenal because he's not as athletic as he used to be. If he can keep defenders honest in the low post with even a small back to the basket game, it'll change the way they play against him entirely, because right now, all they have to do is get up in his face since his jumper isn't there yet.

Hopefully he picks up a bit of Dreams' defensive mentality too.

:agreed: 1000%

That's right ladies and gents... Hakeem the dream will be flying to NY to work out with our 2 all star bigs ... As reported by Stephen a Smith and Ryan Ry
ucco on 98.7 espn

I'm not one to toot my on horn but I said STAT needed to do this immediately after hearing he worked out with D12. Better late than never I guess...

tiger0330

Legend
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/21253/amare-to-work-with-hakeem-olajuwon

A source close to Amare Stoudemire told ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks' power forward will work with NBA legend and post-up coach Hakeem Olajuwon later this offseason.

Olajuwon will fly to New York in August to train with Stoudemire. The source also said Tyson Chandler might join Stoudemire for the workouts, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Olajuwon, 49, has previously worked one-on-one with three of the best players in the game: Kobe Bryant (2009), Dwight Howard (2010) and LeBron James last summer. Each player showed immediate improvement on the block in the following season.

Stoudemire's future work with Olajuwon could signal Mike Woodson's coaching strategy to use him more in the low post and have Chandler become the team's main high pick-and-roller with Jeremy Lin and Carmelo Anthony. (Stoudemire has more of a foundation in the low post already.)

In this scenario, the Knicks could have more defined roles and less crowding on the court, which would lead to better ball movement and scoring opportunities. They also need to score more in the paint and have more bodies for offensive rebounds besides Chandler, as they finished this past season in the middle of the league in both categories.

Stoudemire has never been a consistent back-to-the-basket threat -- he has mostly scored off drives, midrange jumpshots and pick-and-rolls -- but if he can combine his intensity and aggressiveness with some new moves from Olajuwon, he could be a more complete threat.

Stoudemire is currently traveling overseas for a couple of weeks. Once he returns, he'll start a training program with a conditioning coach and physical therapist for his back. He suffered a bulging lower disk toward the end of this past season.

Stoudemire was not in Los Angeles this past week to meet with Woodson, Lin, Anthony and members of the coaching and training staff; he was in Chicago, hosting his Nike big man camp for top high school and college players.