Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY KNICKS 48th PICK 2012

Veteran

I continue to warm up ever more to this pick. Here's a truly epic YouTube video for our latest draft pick:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    Hey, if either of those guys don't go drafted we can still invite them to camp or something right? I agree on the fact that we need help right now.
    mavs just snatched up darius johnson odom smh, i feel he could of actually cracked the rotation eventually, he reminds me of poor mans Ellis. Machado avg 9 assists also another player we could of used as backup insurance at the PG spot.

Machado goes undrafted we sign him, lets pray

Superstar

You like how Donnie buys the Orlando Johnson pick (36) from SAC for cash...GREAT pickup for Indy right there. They may have gotten the best SG in this draft behind Beal. Well done by the Don. Welcome back...If Donnie were still here we would've found a way to get that kid somehow.

Veteran

Machado does in fact go undrafted. If he showed us anything in his workout with us, I have to imagine it's time to pick up the phone and see if we can get him now or whenever you're allowed to start pursuing the undrafted players.

Veteran

Pretty good assessment of the details involved with the Papanikolaou pick:

Originally Posted by htr10
    Pretty good assessment of the details involved with the Papanikolaou pick:

He sounds like a baller. Time will tell.

Default I Was Liking This Pick

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    He sounds like a baller. Time will tell.

Until the guy said he cannot shoot a lick. The Knicks have the worst luck drafting Euro's. This guy will never see the NBA. Grunwald had Donnie Walsh disease on this pick. Very disapointed. I hoped English was gonna fall to the Knicks.

Veteran

What the hell are you talking about? The Knicks drafted Danilo Gallinari who has turned out to be a very good player in this league...they had the Frederic Weis pick, though, but let's not take that one too seriously considering it was 10 years ago during the Layden era.

We can still sign Scott Machado as an undrafted free agent.

Here's some good news:
    According to this link:

it looks like he is on the Greek national team. Now, Greece hasn't qualified for the Olympics yet, but they will be playing in the upcoming qualifying tournament:

I don't know much about international basketball, but I have to think they are one of the favorites to qualify. That means the team should also go to London, which presents 2 separate opportunities to see this guy in action.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    What the hell are you talking about? The Knicks drafted Danilo Gallinari who has turned out to be a very good player in this league...they had the Frederic Weis pick, though, but let's not take that one too seriously considering it was 10 years ago during the Layden era.

We can still sign Scott Machado as an undrafted free agent.
    Listen man, stop being reasonable. You are missing the entire tradition. Every year we hate on the pick right when it's done. Then we start looking at out of context highlights and tape, maybe a few good games, and suddenly we put ridiculously high expectations on him...then he doesn't live up to the expectations and we have to get him out of here ASAP in a trade for the next big thing.

Veteran

Originally Posted by htr10
    Machado does in fact go undrafted. If he showed us anything in his workout with us, I have to imagine it's time to pick up the phone and see if we can get him now or whenever you're allowed to start pursuing the undrafted players.
    Word is his workouts were terrible which must be true because he got passed up by 10 guys whose names you can't pronounce and won't be playing in the NBA anytime soon. You can sign Machado if you want but I think it's a waste of time.

Who!?

Well, hopefully Greece qualify for London and we can get a look at him ~ if he gets the PT.

Seems like an odd pick with Fields, Jefferies and Melo on board.

Any videos available other than that **** posted previously?

Lurker

Just want to say..Why didnt we draft Kris Joseph? He played at SU im sure Melo already knows him. He would be great off the bench. Also has a lot of untapped potential that maybe Melo could of bring out of him. Just thought he was best pick available.

Veteran

I have a hunch that the scouts must have noticed something terrible about Machado's game because nobody drafted him. Then again, nobody drafted Jeremy Lin either. They should invite him to Summer League to see how he plays.

well, Scott Machado was not even drafted, I assume no scouts are reading Knicks Online, WTF? there's still hope the Knicks do SOMETHING to improve team next season, and not wait a couple years for Papa Nick. I never understand picking a guy who may never even make it over here, but if the entire Knick staff didn't feel there was an impact player left at 48, you've got to believe Machado did not perform well in combines... that being said, aside from Bison Chandler, poor managerial moves starting from the top, ie stupid clueless Dolan. giving away all our draft picks hoping for LeBron for 2 years, losing David Lee, gutting the team for Melo, and now we're back in salary cap hell, right where we started, with a "clumsy" team, HOPING Linsanity makes a comeback, if we do get to sign him, or HOPING we get an aging PG in Nash (unlikely, with Toronto going after him). Ray Allen, not a PG, will prob go to Heat. Ray Felton? will he really come back here for $3M? Andre Miller? i like him.

No point guard, backup PG = no hope. didn't the Knicks learn this year how important young healthy PG's are?
    Grunwald is a tool.
    Last edited by CoolClyde; Jun 29, 2012 at 05:05. Reason: felt like it