We need to sign Steve Nash!

TCR4CK

Rookie
Nash coming would be one of the greatest things that could happen to this team are you guys kidding me???? In this league there are only 2 guys that i can think of that can get the ball to all of our players in the perfect spot at the perfect time and that is Rondo and Nash. Since Rondo is out of the question and Nash is actually an option of the team we would be totally out of our minds not to do all we can to get this guy. Worst case is this man puts up 10 and 10 but that is a 10 and 10 yu can trust to come true night in night out. NAsh is the real deal. point blank period.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Kirck Hinrich seems like the guy for the job. I'm not too crazed on the idea of having Nash in NY.

Delonte West....I have empathy for the guy. But for the sake of basketball, championships, and the game itself, the Knicks really have to steer clear of him. There's just no knowing what he will go through during the year. Who knows if he is even trying to get help right now. I wish the guy the best, but it wouldn't bring the Knicks closer to the Championship.

Kyle Korver isn't OUTSTANDING, but he is consistent as anyone. His career stats have no dropoff. If history prevails, you know exactly what you are paying for when you take him.

To be honest, I never thought of James Anderson. He had few minutes, no real time to demonstrate anything. Probably not the right guy for this job at the moment.

Korver can be the Ray Allen to Melo's Pierce. Korver also playd pretty good defense for a guy with limited athleticism. He isn't Shumpert or Tony Allen but he's been solid since moving to Chicago

not bad on D

perfect catch and shoot player at the 2 for us

CA7

Scoring Champ
Nash coming would be one of the greatest things that could happen to this team are you guys kidding me???? In this league there are only 2 guys that i can think of that can get the ball to all of our players in the perfect spot at the perfect time and that is Rondo and Nash. Since Rondo is out of the question and Nash is actually an option of the team we would be totally out of our minds not to do all we can to get this guy. Worst case is this man puts up 10 and 10 but that is a 10 and 10 yu can trust to come true night in night out. NAsh is the real deal. point blank period.

Defense wins championships

38 year old Nash is NOT stopping

Rondo
Rose
Chalmers
Westbrook
Parker
Paul
Williams

I dont want Nash or Kidd

give me Delonte West over all of them

CoolClyde

just heard Toronto's prepared to offer Nash $12M per...WTF?

perhaps $3M and a weekly BJ from STAT?

i knew this thread was a joke... just like 911, dammit!

Nash is a moron who still cares about money over winning a ring at this point in his career, lost all respect for him. Have fun in Toronto not making the playoffs douchebag.

tiger0330

Legend
Toronto one of Nash's top 3 destinations, he's a Canadian legend but 12M per jeez, stupid Colangelo will probably give him a 4 year deal as well.

I don't blame Nash if he goes to Toronto instead of Miami, he can buy Antoine Walker's or Morrison's ring with that scratch.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Nash is a moron who still cares about money over winning a ring at this point in his career, lost all respect for him. Have fun in Toronto not making the playoffs douchebag.
Nash simply realized that no franchise could guarantee him a ring no matter where he'd sign especially after he witnessed Fisher being downgraded to a backup role and ultimately getting destroyed by the Heat. $$$ was an obvious choice in Nash's situation.

STAT1

Starter
Doesn't look like Nash or J Kidd will be coming to the Knicks this summer (Kidd rumored to have already agreed with Deron Williams to be his backup either in Brooklyn or Dallas). I rarely ever agree with anything Marc Berman has to say, but I think Ray Felton is probably the most realistic choice right now because of his familiarity with the offense we're running & his obvious chemistry with STAT.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/agenda_points_pWapHgBq50242QTSiDi4pL

Kiyaman

Legend
There is something about our Knicks organization with the Big-Apple media that get veteran experience players who always played hurt on their previous team, but soon as these veteran players become Knicks any little scratch keeps them out for 2 to 6 or more weeks.

Nash is 40 years old with 97% of say-so on and off the court on how the Phoenix Suns team play Basketball.......signing Nash as a Knicks will change Nash role to 25% on the Knicks.... as just a pass first PG.

Dolan's big $$$ money player Carmelo Anthony has 50% on how the Knicks play (halfcourt) basketball.... there is no way Melo will keep up with a 40 year old running Nash, and a young running Jeremy Lin for 48 minutes per game. Every Knicks loss the media will go directly to Nash and then Lin with Stat next.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Berman reports that Grunnie wants to throw Dougie's $2M contract + Gadz's and Jordan's non guaranteed $2.5M to tease Nash with a S&T contract.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@WojYahooNBA: Phoenix has expressed interest with Landry Fields as part of possible sign-and-trade package with New York for Steve Nash, sources tell Y!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
@WojYahooNBA: Phoenix has expressed interest with Landry Fields as part of possible sign-and-trade package with New York for Steve Nash, sources tell Y!
ZnqQ5.gif

get it doneeee Grunnie

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Too good to be true... They must also want Lin's first born or something.
I agree, but it is possible i think Fields would actually do pretty good with the Suns they fit his style more than the Knicks. At least they wouldn't lose Nash for absolutely nothing to Free agency

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

In ESPN sitdown Nash said he's eager to meet Mavs if they miss out on D-Will. But sources say TOR & NYK are his top two (no order) for now

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
What I can say is it's being made abundantly clear to Nash, and all FAs, that the Knicks are absolutely going for it this season.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
all for it, so long as Shumperts name stays nowhere near the discussions of a possible s&t. adding him wont be criminal, but worse....isiah-like.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo is fine with Nash running the offense

Alan Hahn
Knicks now await Steve Nash's decision, which could come within 24-48 hours. Nash has heard from Carmelo Anthony, who made it abundantly clear he is happy to have Nash run the offense and control the ball. Amar'e Stoudemire is in Spain running a basketball camp, but contacts Nash as well. Obviously he gets the most out of reuniting with the former 2-time MVP. Even Mike D'Antoni, I'm told, has not offered any disparaging thoughts about Nash playing for the Knicks

losing that weight could be key for him as he will now operate as an off the ball player more catch and shoot, cut and finish player with iso's coming when Nash sits the bench and he's in. Melo could also then focus on rebounding and defending more.

If we get Nash kiss Lin good bye as its either or to be honest. Dont know how Nash will bode defensively for us but hey if management makes the move I gotta have faith in Nash.

I could really see Carmelo being a 29 and 10 guy next year and STAT being a 20 and 10 guy if they work their asses off and Nash is able to make this work

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Carmelo is fine with Nash running the offense

Alan Hahn
Knicks now await Steve Nash's decision, which could come within 24-48 hours. Nash has heard from Carmelo Anthony, who made it abundantly clear he is happy to have Nash run the offense and control the ball. Amar'e Stoudemire is in Spain running a basketball camp, but contacts Nash as well. Obviously he gets the most out of reuniting with the former 2-time MVP. Even Mike D'Antoni, I'm told, has not offered any disparaging thoughts about Nash playing for the Knicks

losing that weight could be key for him as he will now operate as an off the ball player more catch and shoot, cut and finish player with iso's coming when Nash sits the bench and he's in. Melo could also then focus on rebounding and defending more.

If we get Nash kiss Lin good bye as its either or to be honest. Dont know how Nash will bode defensively for us but hey if management makes the move I gotta have faith in Nash.

I could really see Carmelo being a 29 and 10 guy next year and STAT being a 20 and 10 guy if they work their asses off and Nash is able to make this work

It's a no brainer for Melo to be agreeable to the idea of Nash coming to the squad.

He understands that Nash would make his life infinitely easier on the offense end, which is scary.