Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We need to sign Steve Nash!

I'm surprised that some of you guys think that Nash is a bad fit for the Knicks. IMO, Nash is the best fit for PG for us. (Although there's only a slim chance we actually land him.

PROS
    1. His perimeter shooting is exceptional and will ultimately help us space the floor for our frontcourt.
    2. Pick n' roll with Stoudemire
    3. Tested floor general who will stabilize the offense
    4. We need veteran PG with lots of playoff experience
    5. Perfect teacher for Lin to aid his growth as a legitimate NBA PG

CONS
    1. Too old
    2. Terrible defender

The pros outweigh the cons for me. We have the DPOY to clean up most of the mistakes defensively, and we have JLin to spell him if Nash needs to rest up.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    We dont NEED Nash, he's not a must have but i do like the Idea of pairing him back up with Amare, because were going to need him to turn it up this season if we want to go far and have one the best records in the eastern conference + make a deep playoff run.

Nash for 3 Mill? With no Dantoni? Thats a long-shot but still possible.

Nash -3mill
    Foye -BAE

Say we did get Nash i know this lineup would be highly unlikey to happen but how would you feel about this lineup

Lin
    Foye
    Fields (until shump returns)
    Melo
    Chandler

bench

Nash
    JR
    Novak
    Amare
    Jorts

Nash is getting old having him come off the bench to keep him fresh for playoffs would be ideal.

Stat seems to always get injured, having him come off the bench is also Ideal.

Nash and Stat off the bench is a nightmare for any team in the league

All this would probably never happen but it sounds cool =p dont judge me lol.
    yes, i like that.

also this rotation...

nash
    foye
    jr/novak
    melo
    tyson

-4 able to penetrate
    -4 able to hit outside 3's
    -4 able to creat their own shots
    -3 able to fast break transitions 3 1/2 if melo joins.
    -2 perimeter defenders
    -1 bad dude in the middle

the combinations are endless

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Please, Nash almost took his team to the Playoffs the last two seasons, and he isn't the bad defender people say he is.
    I've seen him play on numerous occasions...... Including games I attended at America West Arena/US Airways Center......... His defense alone is why IMO he should have never won an MVP............ The award has become a farce.

(John Stockton never won an MVP, yet I thought he was a better player and FAR better defender.)

If Nash couldn't play defense and bring a championship in his prime, do you really believe he'd be able to do so at 38??

If offensive efficiency alone won championships, Steve Nash would be a great option. As would Bernard King and Dominique Wilkins in the past. (Both were great offensively but never won a title because their defense was a liability.) But unfortunately, offensive play alone doesn't cut it. Even this season, the Miami Heat had a lot of offensive firepower, but the defense was what made the difference. LeBron James and Dwyane Wade made big defensive plays, Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant did not. (Westbrook's defense during the Finals was closer to that of Steve Nash than that of Jeremy Lin. Westbrook needs to improve in that part of his game, in order to get to the top.)
    Last edited by tkrieger; Jun 30, 2012 at 16:17.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Mo Williams lol. Come on now...
    We don't need ball dominating point guards. We need to put shooters and defensive minded players around melo. Billups was the perfect fit but that won't happen :/

Here we go again.

Nash coming would be one of the greatest things that could happen to this team are you guys kidding me???? In this league there are only 2 guys that i can think of that can get the ball to all of our players in the perfect spot at the perfect time and that is Rondo and Nash. Since Rondo is out of the question and Nash is actually an option of the team we would be totally out of our minds not to do all we can to get this guy. Worst case is this man puts up 10 and 10 but that is a 10 and 10 yu can trust to come true night in night out. NAsh is the real deal. point blank period.

Originally Posted by BrianMan
    Kirck Hinrich seems like the guy for the job. I'm not too crazed on the idea of having Nash in NY.

Delonte West....I have empathy for the guy. But for the sake of basketball, championships, and the game itself, the Knicks really have to steer clear of him. There's just no knowing what he will go through during the year. Who knows if he is even trying to get help right now. I wish the guy the best, but it wouldn't bring the Knicks closer to the Championship.

Kyle Korver isn't OUTSTANDING, but he is consistent as anyone. His career stats have no dropoff. If history prevails, you know exactly what you are paying for when you take him.

To be honest, I never thought of James Anderson. He had few minutes, no real time to demonstrate anything. Probably not the right guy for this job at the moment.
    Korver can be the Ray Allen to Melo's Pierce. Korver also playd pretty good defense for a guy with limited athleticism. He isn't Shumpert or Tony Allen but he's been solid since moving to Chicago

not bad on D

perfect catch and shoot player at the 2 for us

Originally Posted by TCR4CK
    Nash coming would be one of the greatest things that could happen to this team are you guys kidding me???? In this league there are only 2 guys that i can think of that can get the ball to all of our players in the perfect spot at the perfect time and that is Rondo and Nash. Since Rondo is out of the question and Nash is actually an option of the team we would be totally out of our minds not to do all we can to get this guy. Worst case is this man puts up 10 and 10 but that is a 10 and 10 yu can trust to come true night in night out. NAsh is the real deal. point blank period.
    Defense wins championships

38 year old Nash is NOT stopping

Rondo
    Rose
    Chalmers
    Westbrook
    Parker
    Paul
    Williams

I dont want Nash or Kidd

give me Delonte West over all of them

just heard Toronto's prepared to offer Nash $12M per...WTF?

perhaps $3M and a weekly BJ from STAT?

i knew this thread was a joke... just like 911, dammit!

Nash is a moron who still cares about money over winning a ring at this point in his career, lost all respect for him. Have fun in Toronto not making the playoffs douchebag.

Yes Nash will be a Raptor, book it.

Veteran

Toronto one of Nash's top 3 destinations, he's a Canadian legend but 12M per jeez, stupid Colangelo will probably give him a 4 year deal as well.

I don't blame Nash if he goes to Toronto instead of Miami, he can buy Antoine Walker's or Morrison's ring with that scratch.

Originally Posted by Yes the NBA is Rigged
    Nash is a moron who still cares about money over winning a ring at this point in his career, lost all respect for him. Have fun in Toronto not making the playoffs douchebag.
    Nash simply realized that no franchise could guarantee him a ring no matter where he'd sign especially after he witnessed Fisher being downgraded to a backup role and ultimately getting destroyed by the Heat. $$$ was an obvious choice in Nash's situation.

Doesn't look like Nash or J Kidd will be coming to the Knicks this summer (Kidd rumored to have already agreed with Deron Williams to be his backup either in Brooklyn or Dallas). I rarely ever agree with anything Marc Berman has to say, but I think Ray Felton is probably the most realistic choice right now because of his familiarity with the offense we're running & his obvious chemistry with STAT.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Veteran

Announcement

There is something about our Knicks organization with the Big-Apple media that get veteran experience players who always played hurt on their previous team, but soon as these veteran players become Knicks any little scratch keeps them out for 2 to 6 or more weeks.

Nash is 40 years old with 97% of say-so on and off the court on how the Phoenix Suns team play Basketball.......signing Nash as a Knicks will change Nash role to 25% on the Knicks.... as just a pass first PG.

Dolan's big $$$ money player Carmelo Anthony has 50% on how the Knicks play (halfcourt) basketball.... there is no way Melo will keep up with a 40 year old running Nash, and a young running Jeremy Lin for 48 minutes per game. Every Knicks loss the media will go directly to Nash and then Lin with Stat next.