Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We need to sign Steve Nash!

Berman reports that Grunnie wants to throw Dougie's $2M contract + Gadz's and Jordan's non guaranteed $2.5M to tease Nash with a S&T contract.

@WojYahooNBA: Phoenix has expressed interest with Landry Fields as part of possible sign-and-trade package with New York for Steve Nash, sources tell Y!

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @WojYahooNBA: Phoenix has expressed interest with Landry Fields as part of possible sign-and-trade package with New York for Steve Nash, sources tell Y!

get it doneeee Grunnie

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Too good to be true... They must also want Lin's first born or something.

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    Too good to be true... They must also want Lin's first born or something.
    I agree, but it is possible i think Fields would actually do pretty good with the Suns they fit his style more than the Knicks. At least they wouldn't lose Nash for absolutely nothing to Free agency

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

In ESPN sitdown Nash said he's eager to meet Mavs if they miss out on D-Will. But sources say TOR & NYK are his top two (no order) for now

Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
    What I can say is it's being made abundantly clear to Nash, and all FAs, that the Knicks are absolutely going for it this season.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

all for it, so long as Shumperts name stays nowhere near the discussions of a possible s&t. adding him wont be criminal, but worse....isiah-like.

Carmelo is fine with Nash running the offense

Alan Hahn
    Knicks now await Steve Nash's decision, which could come within 24-48 hours. Nash has heard from Carmelo Anthony, who made it abundantly clear he is happy to have Nash run the offense and control the ball. Amar'e Stoudemire is in Spain running a basketball camp, but contacts Nash as well. Obviously he gets the most out of reuniting with the former 2-time MVP. Even Mike D'Antoni, I'm told, has not offered any disparaging thoughts about Nash playing for the Knicks

losing that weight could be key for him as he will now operate as an off the ball player more catch and shoot, cut and finish player with iso's coming when Nash sits the bench and he's in. Melo could also then focus on rebounding and defending more.

If we get Nash kiss Lin good bye as its either or to be honest. Dont know how Nash will bode defensively for us but hey if management makes the move I gotta have faith in Nash.

I could really see Carmelo being a 29 and 10 guy next year and STAT being a 20 and 10 guy if they work their asses off and Nash is able to make this work

Originally Posted by CA7
    Carmelo is fine with Nash running the offense

Alan Hahn
    Knicks now await Steve Nash's decision, which could come within 24-48 hours. Nash has heard from Carmelo Anthony, who made it abundantly clear he is happy to have Nash run the offense and control the ball. Amar'e Stoudemire is in Spain running a basketball camp, but contacts Nash as well. Obviously he gets the most out of reuniting with the former 2-time MVP. Even Mike D'Antoni, I'm told, has not offered any disparaging thoughts about Nash playing for the Knicks

losing that weight could be key for him as he will now operate as an off the ball player more catch and shoot, cut and finish player with iso's coming when Nash sits the bench and he's in. Melo could also then focus on rebounding and defending more.

If we get Nash kiss Lin good bye as its either or to be honest. Dont know how Nash will bode defensively for us but hey if management makes the move I gotta have faith in Nash.

I could really see Carmelo being a 29 and 10 guy next year and STAT being a 20 and 10 guy if they work their asses off and Nash is able to make this work
    It's a no brainer for Melo to be agreeable to the idea of Nash coming to the squad.

He understands that Nash would make his life infinitely easier on the offense end, which is scary.