5 Under The Radar Free Agents

CA7

Scoring Champ
C- A guy we haven't been talking about as a potential back up 5 is Greg Stiemsma. Boston drafted Fab Melo and will likely bring back Kevin Garnett and another vet big to help his transition

PF- Former Knick Jordan Hill would be a great addition to replace Jared Jeffries. Younger, more athletic, better finisher.

SF-Matt Barnes can be the Shane Battier of our team. Having a guy like Barnes will help vs Miami because it will decrease the amount of time Melo has to guard Queen James. Barnes can hit the 3 and is a physical player who loves to get in other players heads

SG- James Anderson was selected by the Spurs in the 2010 Draft. He couldn't crack the rotation but I love his game. He's a Michael Finley type on offense and a hard nosed defender.

PG- Kirk Hinrich a legit combo guard but with legit PG skills. A Woodson type of player who will benefit playing in our style. Plays D and hits the open J

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I wouldn't mind having Hinrich and Stiemsma if they are willing to take vet min, maybe Hinrich is worth the BAE, but i can see Boston keeping Stiemsma even though they just drafted Sullinger and Fab Melo. They seem to like Stiemsma alot he's a great energy guy off the bench who hustles, Stiemsma is to boston what Jeffries is to the Knicks. :| sorta

*shrugs

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
BTW, our bigs (obviously without LaSTATue, who's lolling around overseas) organized some workout sessions with Herb and it seems Tyson is teaching Jerome and Jorts how to do their job. :)

TrGo4.jpg

STAT1

Starter
C- A guy we haven't been talking about as a potential back up 5 is Greg Stiemsma. Boston drafted Fab Melo and will likely bring back Kevin Garnett and another vet big to help his transition

PF- Former Knick Jordan Hill would be a great addition to replace Jared Jeffries. Younger, more athletic, better finisher.

SF-Matt Barnes can be the Shane Battier of our team. Having a guy like Barnes will help vs Miami because it will decrease the amount of time Melo has to guard Queen James. Barnes can hit the 3 and is a physical player who loves to get in other players heads

SG- James Anderson was selected by the Spurs in the 2010 Draft. He couldn't crack the rotation but I love his game. He's a Michael Finley type on offense and a hard nosed defender.

PG- Kirk Hinrich a legit combo guard but with legit PG skills. A Woodson type of player who will benefit playing in our style. Plays D and hits the open J

Of those guys, only Matt Barnes really interests me but only as a vet min player. I would not use up an exception to sign him. I do love how he can get into other players' heads like you said, I think this team needs a player like that. Jordan Hill isn't bad but if we're going to target a big to replace Jefferies (which I hope we do), I would much rather go after Kenyon Martin or Reggie Evans, who would both add some much needed toughness to this team. Stiemsma & Anderson seem like end of the bench type players to me, I don't think they'd impact our team much if at all. Hinrich is solid but I think this team needs a more seasoned vet to teach Jeremy Lin in practice. Jason Kidd would be my choice. Just my personal opinions.
:beer:

Paul1355

All Star

I like Stiesma, however we are most likely bringing back Harrleson, Jeffries and maybe Jordan if he has improved.

Hill is most likely being resigned by the Lakers, they want him back.

James Anderson I liked when he was drafted, maybe we can get him.

Barnes is a possibility, maybe for mini mid level at 1.9 mil i like that deal

Kirk Hinrich is realistic and maybe something that might happen if Kidd doesnt come here...Hinirich is worth 3 mil

Kiyaman

Legend
The only guy that interest me on the list is Jordan Hill who I believe coach Brown is going to keep in L.A. to go with whomever they get out of the Gasol & World Peace trade.

Adding F/C-Jordan Hill to our roster would increase the work ethic of Jorts & Jerome Jordan at finding their bigman role to co-exist with their teammates.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
2 bigs that we should give a look into is Kenyon Martin & Reggie Evans. Neither are being resigned by the Clippers now that they have acquired Odom. Evans is a ruthless rebounder that attacks the glass, but doesn't have many other skills following that.

Martin is also a solid rebounder who is a very versatile defender, will bring that toughness needed to the team and has some offensive game.

Both of these are very realistic for the Vet min (evans) and BAE (Martin). Can you imagine the defensive prowess of a Mobb Deep that includes

Pg -
Sg - Shumpert
Sf - Novak
Pf - Jeffries
C - Martin

Insert Jr Smith into Mobb Deep as the offensive spark and we have a legit second team running out on the court.

What about Daniel Green or Courtney Lee? I haven't heard anyone mention them. Both are excellent defenders and can stroke the 3 well. Especially since we'll need someone to replace Shumpert.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
What about Daniel Green or Courtney Lee? I haven't heard anyone mention them. Both are excellent defenders and can stroke the 3 well. Especially since we'll need someone to replace Shumpert.
Danny Green wants to return to the spurs

I believe courtney Lee is a Restricted Free Agent, Houston would probably Match the offer

Pietrus <-- Unrestricted- is a nice option who shouldn't rape our Cap space. He's also a solid defender

Foye<-- Unrestricted -not a bad option either

Benelli<--- unrestricted-, might cost more than we can afford.

Willie Green<--- Unrestricted not a bad feel in either