Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sign and Trade Possibilities

Default Sign and Trade Possibilities

The Knicks can package Toney Douglas, Dan Gadzuric(non-guaranteed) and Jerome Jordan(non-guaranteed) for a player with a salary starting at about 6.2million.

The other team will be able to cut Gadzuric and Jordan without any cost and Douglas has 1 year left on his deal.

Option available for 6mil per are

via sign and trade
    OJ Mayo
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Terrence Williams
    Andre Miller and Corey Brewer package from Denver
    Courtney Lee

via trade
    Omri Casspi and Daniel Gibson package from Cleveland
    Kyle Lowry

The key to this is we can still use the 3mil MLE to add another piece. Hopefully a team is willing to shed a contract for salary relief and we find a gem

^
    I think this is the direction Knicks will have to go in to improve this year. losing Toney D and Gadzooks is a no-brainer, i'd be sorry to see Jordan go without getting a chance, but it would be worth it to get someone like Lowry
    or Aaron Brooks, but I don't think we stand a chance of getting either one, or any of the guys you mentioned CA7.

if Knicks stand a chance at getting any one of these guys, i think Fields might have to go, and i wouldn't have a problem with that.

we'll see what Grunwaldo has up his sleeve...

$3M...

Fields would have to agree to go to a team without 1st signing an offer sheet. That team would have to have someone of value for us to make the move and also be over the cap.

Fields would fit nicely in San Antonio, Phoenix and Milwaukee

Nice. Kyle Lowry would be amazing, but I think they will go for OJ Mayo and still having tge mini MLE is huge. Grunwald continues to impress.

I actually love this idea, not just adding valuable pieces but converting our trash into gems.

The TD package would be a great way to add another piece as well as using our MLE. I have faith in Grunwald to impress again this offseason. Glad we caught a break from Stern with tye bird rights debacle. If we can resign our crew and add 2-3 valuable pieces we should be heading to the ECF where we belong.

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    I actually love this idea, not just adding valuable pieces but converting our trash into gems.

The TD package would be a great way to add another piece as well as using our MLE. I have faith in Grunwald to impress again this offseason. Glad we caught a break from Stern with tye bird rights debacle. If we can resign our crew and add 2-3 valuable pieces we should be heading to the ECF where we belong.
    not to mention the 3mil cash exception that could be used along with the package getting us a higher priced FA or asset from another team. The 4.1 plus 3mil cash exception equals 7.1 and we could bring back up to 10.65mil back if my numbers are right as long as the cash exception counts as outgoing salary(I may be wrong on that aspect gotta look it up)

Originally Posted by CA7
    not to mention the 3mil cash exception that could be used along with the package getting us a higher priced FA or asset from another team. The 4.1 plus 3mil cash exception equals 7.1 and we could bring back up to 10.65mil back if my numbers are right as long as the cash exception counts as outgoing salary(I may be wrong on that aspect gotta look it up)
    Sounds great, but in theory would this not put us perilously close to the hard cap threshold? I thought that was why we were only offering 3 of our 5 mill MLE.

Damn we have the potential to be such an awesome team

Originally Posted by CA7
    That could very well work out for us.

Who do you have in mind in a trade?

Is there some sort of restriction on Fields being signed and traded under the new CBA?

Speaking of sign and trade, the Knicks are looking into a sign and trade for Nash.. but wait... they may have to part ways with Shump if they take that route SAY WHAT? o.O

11:38 AM, July 1, 2012 ι By MARC BERMAN
    The Knicks have had exploratory talks with Phoenix about a sign-and-trade for Steve Nash, according to an NBA source. If the Suns take back a couple of Knicks pawns, it would allow Nash to make more than the $3.09 mid-level exception the Knicks have now.
    Knicks brass was expected to meet with Nash today along with his agent Bill Duffy to discuss scenarios in which he can make more than $5M. Nash met with Toronto brass in New York this morning and the Raptors reportedly will offer him a deal worth $10M per year. The Knicks realize their mid-level exception won't be enough for Nash as they try to sell him on the Knicks' title-contending status.
    The Knicks have free agents that the Suns could want in a deal but they probably could sign them outright without needing a sign-and-trade, such as Jared Jeffries and Steve Novak.
    Thatís why it is possible the Knicks would have to include one of their signed players. The Suns would probably want Iman Shumpert. Ater a solid rookie season, he is rehabbing from a torn ACL and isnít back until January at the earliest.
    The Knicks could also look into a sign-and-trade for Raymond Felton with Portland.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Speaking of sign and trade, the Knicks are looking into a sign and trade for Nash.. but wait... they may have to part ways with Shump if they take that route SAY WHAT? o.O

11:38 AM, July 1, 2012 ι By MARC BERMAN
    The Knicks have had exploratory talks with Phoenix about a sign-and-trade for Steve Nash, according to an NBA source. If the Suns take back a couple of Knicks pawns, it would allow Nash to make more than the $3.09 mid-level exception the Knicks have now.
    Knicks brass was expected to meet with Nash today along with his agent Bill Duffy to discuss scenarios in which he can make more than $5M. Nash met with Toronto brass in New York this morning and the Raptors reportedly will offer him a deal worth $10M per year. The Knicks realize their mid-level exception won't be enough for Nash as they try to sell him on the Knicks' title-contending status.
    The Knicks have free agents that the Suns could want in a deal but they probably could sign them outright without needing a sign-and-trade, such as Jared Jeffries and Steve Novak.
    Thatís why it is possible the Knicks would have to include one of their signed players. The Suns would probably want Iman Shumpert. Ater a solid rookie season, he is rehabbing from a torn ACL and isnít back until January at the earliest.
    The Knicks could also look into a sign-and-trade for Raymond Felton with Portland.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    We wouldnt be dumb enough to get rid of Iman would we?? I rather part ways with Fields.... I like Mayo, Felton, Kidd, Hill, Terry, Foye, Pryzbilla, Camby if possible and ofcourse Nash. We need to make moves!

Besides Melo Shumpert is the next player I would not trade.

on some real **** Nash, we complain about Melo gutting the team and would now do the same for Nash, 38 year old Nash at that

Toronto officially offered Nash 12 Million and Hahn says the knicks aren't looking to move shump (yet... cause its the Knicks you never know SMH), but they are contemplating Fields for the S&T.

Felton is also being talked to take the mini MLE if Nash goes to Toronto.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i would love to have nash, i mean lin as 6th man for 2 years behind nash would do wonders for him, but im trying to stay realistic. and because of that im thinking Felton might be a route we go. Personally id want Foye but its looking like were trying to get a PG with that mini MLE.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Besides Melo Shumpert is the next player I would not trade.

on some real **** Nash, we complain about Melo gutting the team and would now do the same for Nash, 38 year old Nash at that
    Nash is the only player that can make us play team basketball with these peices that don't fit....Imagine the combo of Nash and Amare again, the combo that brought the Suns to the Western Conference finals....now add Lin, JR Smith, CHandler and Melo to that team...that is a hell of a lot better than our current team.

Nash as the floor general for a few years is the best way to get a title as soon as possible.

I love Lin, but Nash is better I am sorry.

And Lin can be effective as a 2 guard as well. Lin has strength, his ball handling is not as good as Nash AND he can play like a slashing SG who is a good passer.

Lin also has a nice shot so he would get open looks from Nash.

WHen Nash sits on the bench, Lin takes over at the point with JR playing the 2...the possibilities are endless and there is always fluid ball movement because we always have a legit PG playing.