Sign and Trade Possibilities

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Alan Hahn is reporting the Knicks are doing everything to get Steve Nash and they are one millistep from adding Iman Shumpert......................................
*face palm*... thats our best perimeter defender, why would they do this or consider doing this. Who's guarding the D.roses, D.Wades etc etc in the future? We like never keep our drafts picks :boohoo:

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
*face palm*... thats our best perimeter defender, why would they do this or consider doing this. Who's guarding the D.roses, D.Wades etc etc in the future? We like never keep our drafts picks :boohoo:
Because he wont be here til Jan and he may NEVER be 100%

BUT I DONT CARE I LOVE IMAN

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Shumpert???

This makes me nervous. Hahn is far more reliable than Berman. History is repeating itself. The Knicks do not build; they buyand they continually overspend. Is Nash that much better than Kidd that we are willing to give up on Shumpert?

Nash is not going to make us competitive with Miami. He is a terrible defender. Perhaps he will make Amare' better. What is he going to do for Carmelo?

Wargames

Starter
damn the knicks S&T David Lee and we get Turiaf, Azibuke, and i forget who else. The Knicks S&T for Nash and give up our Shump who made rookie 1st team last year and dude showed signs of defense like Tony Allen out there.... Dammit the knicks can't trade or operate in FA.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
the knicks will be fun to watch. nash throwing alley oops to stat and tyson. you guys should be happy i guess.

Paul1355

All Star
This makes me nervous. Hahn is far more reliable than Berman. History is repeating itself. The Knicks do not build; they buyand they continually overspend. Is Nash that much better than Kidd that we are willing to give up on Shumpert?

Nash is not going to make us competitive with Miami. He is a terrible defender. Perhaps he will make Amare' better. What is he going to do for Carmelo?

The Heat's only postive with drafting was trading Michael Beasly to free up cap space for free agents Lebron and Bosh.

The Heat proved you don't need to build a team to win a ring, even if it is Lebron, Bosh and Wade.

The Thunder proved you can draft to get close to a ring, but they got lucky they had Durant instead of Oden.

Nash is the only sure solution to make this team gel. Add Lin with Nash and you have a perfect mentor, plus Lin can become more of a scorer and be relying less on his ability to orchestrate an offense.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
honestly if it means including shumpert id go after Kidd. just as good of a distributor and can hit the open J. just as good as nash in my opinion with trade a 22 year old rising star for a 38 year old pg thats nowhere near the player he was? not smart bad management imo.:barf:

STAT1

Starter
They should be trying to work out a sign & trade with the Raptors involving Lin instead of giving up Shumpert to get Nash IMO.

Toronto is obviously high on Nash but they're also high on Jeremy Lin, & they just invested a ton of money on Lin's BFF Landry so I can't imagine they'd be opposed to giving up some of their assets along with Jose Calderon to the Suns to get Lin to Toronto.

I would much rather try & swing a trade like this over giving up Shumpert to obtain Nash:

Knicks sign & trade Jeremy Lin & Landry Fields
Knicks get Steve Nash & Sonny Weems

Toronto trades Jose Calderon, Sonny Weems & a 1st round pick
Toronto gets Jeremy Lin & Landry Fields

Phoenix signs & trades Steve Nash
Phoenix gets Jose Calderon & TOR's 1st rd pick

- After that sign J Kidd to a vet min contract, resign Novak & JR Smith using their Bird Rights & go after Marcus Camby with the MMLE

C - Chandler / Camby
PF - Amare / Harrellson
SF - Melo / Novak
SG - JR / Weems / White (Shump when he gets back)
PG - Nash / Kidd / Douglas

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
Key to remember: Knicks still have pieces without Iman for a $6m sign&trade free agent. Expect them to remain aggressive.

iSaYughh

Starter
Jeez...

People wondering what Nash could do for Melo?

That Jason Kidd is just as good?

Smh 7 ways to sunday :(

edit -- ironically, the one time it woulda been a solid gambit to give up some legit quality to ensure we bring in a player....we don't, and another franchise powermoves over us into contention.

CA7

Scoring Champ
The one thing our scrub package could get us is a player who's under achieving but could be of value to us the next 3 years. The team gets cap relief and we get a potential rotation player who may need a change of scenery

I'd want Metta World Peace to be honest

Forrest17

Rotation player
I say we use a sign and trade to get Camby. If we are going to give up size, then I say we do it to get size in return.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I say we use a sign and trade to get Camby. If we are going to give up size, then I say we do it to get size in return.

In that case why not use it on Varejoa, big deal Cleveland could bite at the offer giving them major cap space in 2013 when there are some major players in free agency

Andre Igoudala
Serge Ibaka
Andrew Bynum
James Harden

being able to sign 2 maybe 3 legit guys could be enticing while also helping us have a shot at beating the cheat something Gilbert would love

Varejoa for Douglas, Gadzuric, Jordan, cash and a future pick

Forrest17

Rotation player
In that case why not use it on Varejoa, big deal Cleveland could bite at the offer giving them major cap space in 2013 when there are some major players in free agency

Andre Igoudala
Serge Ibaka
Andrew Bynum
James Harden

being able to sign 2 maybe 3 legit guys could be enticing while also helping us have a shot at beating the cheat something Gilbert would love

Varejoa for Douglas, Gadzuric, Jordan, cash and a future pick

Possibly.. But Im not sure would he be willing to take a back up role? And how much does he make? Because I think a sign and trade could only get us someone who makes around 6 million. If he was willing to be on the bench though Id definitly be all for it

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT
Great point, re tax teams MT @NetsDaily Last chance for sign-and-trades is this year. Tax teams (BKN, NYK, LAL, etc) can't use s&t in future

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT
Great point, re tax teams MT @NetsDaily Last chance for sign-and-trades is this year. Tax teams (BKN, NYK, LAL, etc) can't use s&t in future

Interesting.. better ship TD's ass off somewhere else and sign a SG. I hope the Knicks can work that S&T for Kidd so that we can at least have a chance to sign Mayo or Foye for the MLE.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Interesting.. better ship TD's ass off somewhere else and sign a SG. I hope the Knicks can work that S&T for Kidd so that we can at least have a chance to sign Mayo or Foye for the MLE.

Im not sure why it would matter. Couldn't we just use the mle on kidd and then use a sign and trade for Mayo or camby or someone?

and Kidd is willing to take 3 million, but I think other players we would want, want more, which we can give them with a sign and trade