Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415163040 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
    "@MottzThoughts: @alanhahn JR Smith update?" He'll be back and most likely the starting SG.
    Oh, great. BOS adds Terry; MIA will add Ray Allen, Nets add Joe Johnson, and NYK bring back Lin & JR Smith while adding Felton. We might end up the 8th seed again. First round sweep. JOY!

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

Originally Posted by pat
    Addition by subtraction works if you have got locker room issues. I doubt that Fields would have caused any. Personally I take basketball IQ over athleticism any day of the week. So for me we are heading into the wrong direction.

In terms of having his head on straight I would say Landry wins that battle. James has been out of the league for a while so he may be just as hungry to step in and help the team not miss a beat with Landry leaving.

Shawne Williams and Landry both had opportunities to raise their value and cash in on desperate teams during free agency. I hope James White will play with the same heart and turn into a long term asset for our Orange & Blue.

Originally Posted by mafra
    Oh, great. BOS adds Terry; MIA will add Ray Allen, Nets add Joe Johnson, and NYK bring back Lin & JR Smith while adding Felton. We might end up the 8th seed again. First round sweep. JOY!

Don't forget James White Mafra : )!

Originally Posted by gmf1369
    Kings need another Center presence on their roster and Diop could give them more stability...

Between Cousins & Whiteside <-- lol!

The Kings are an up tempo team Douglas would excel, his defense could give them something off the bench... He could be valuable as role player behind Thornton...

Now the addition to that trade of course would be draft pix changing hands!!!
    bro they have Cousins, Thomas Robinson, Chuck Hayes, Jason thompson, and Whiteside. Hell i wish we had a Chuck hayes or Thompson coming off our bench lol.

Kings have the most congested, Loaded up backcourt in the NBA (salmons, Thorton, Evans, Fredette, Garcia, Isiah Thomas,Honeycutt lol even with Tyreke gone Toney Douglas still aint cracking rotation he might as well stay in the locker room lol, he has no value what so ever/

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    bro they have Cousins, Thomas Robinson, Chuck Hayes, Jason thompson, and Whiteside. Hell i wish we had a Chuck hayes or Thompson coming off our bench lol.

Kings have the most congested, Loaded up backcourt in the NBA (salmons, Thorton, Evans, Fredette, Garcia, Isiah Thomas,Honeycutt lol even with Tyreke gone Toney Douglas still aint cracking rotation he might as well stay in the locker room lol, he has no value what so ever/
    Chuck Hayes is their Starter at PF, Thompson as #2 PF, funny thing Cousins is better suited as PF then Center

I also would want Thompson coming off our bench lol! Or heir apparent to Chandler at Center!

Kings are interested in Douglas lol!

According to my sources, the Knicks are talking to the Sacramento Kings about acquiring forward Donte Greene in exchange for the third-year guard.
    The Kings could use a combo guard to take the pressure off of rookies Isaiah Thomas and Jimmer Fredette, defensively. Tyreke Evans was recently moved to the small forward position. This isnít the first time that Sacramento has had interest in Toney Douglas. Last June, they were discussing a possible Omri Casspi deal.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If they had interest then, maybe they still have that same interest now! To be involved in a trade to acquire Douglas maybe to you its not worth it but Managements have other ideas... Yes this is an old post link, but has validity to my trade...

Originally Posted by mafra
    9th seed looking through a glass window with these players

Default Report: Clippers to sign Jamal Crawford, Chauncey Billups and pass on Ray Allen

The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] went for a solid two-for-one.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], the Clippers have agreed to terms with Jamal Crawford and Chauncey Billups, while passing on signing veteran Ray Allen.
    Crawford, an unrestricted free agent who opted out of his $5.2 million contract with the Portland Trail Blazers, has been offered a spot by the Clippers. He is expected to sign a three-year, $15.7 million contract, according to the executives.

Billups, who played in just 20 games last season with the Clippers before suffering a season-ending left Achilles tendon surgery, will sign a one-year deal that could be worth up to $4.3 million if he reaches bonuses, the executives said.

With Crawford and Billups reaching deals with the Clippers, L.A. cancelled the visit they had planned for free agent shooting guard Ray Allen on Friday.
    A backcourt that includes Crawford and Nick Young? Shots, shots, shots shots shots, shots, shots, shots.
    The Clippers, who are still operating without a general manager after Neil Olshey departed for Portland, are trying to make significant offseason strides in building a competitive Western Conference team. After acquiring [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] last season, the Clippers made a strong run to the second round of the Western Conference playoffs, as well as finishing fourth in the West standings.
    Billups, who is 35 years old and recovering from a season-ending Achilles injury, was a steady veteran for the Clippers last season scoring nearly 15 points a game in 20 appearances.
    Crawford, 32, who was part of a dysfunctional team in Portland last season, averaged 13.9 points per game for the Blazers.
    To recap though, Crawford signs for three years and nearly $16 million, while Landry Fields got three years, $20 million on an offer sheet from Toronto.
    This is significant though for the Miami [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] as they're set to meet with Allen Thursday and the main competitor against them was the Clippers. But now with the Clips canceling their meeting with Allen, it seems all but assured Ray Allen will be playing for the Heat next season. Weird.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

things have been falling together at perfect times for all teams but us so far; waiting for it to be our turn. its coming i suppose, i feel we have a surprise move in us.

We are @$#*$%)@ idiots for not going after ray allen or jason terry. We need a 3 point shooter more than any other team to help with our spacing which was horrendous this year esp after teams figured out that we only had one option for long range in Novak who literally can do nothing else on offense.

I didn't want Nash but in hindsight even he would have been an upgrade at long range.

Raptors just acquired Kyle Lowry.

@mafra: whom do you want our FO to land? Nash was beyond our financial reach (at least after Fields was offered his $20M) and even if we somehow signed him, what about Shumpert? Were you among those who started to believe he's basically useless? Kidd? We all knew he used us to get some more $$$ from Cuban, I didn't really see him signing with us after he was continuously stating he wants to retire as a Maverick. Raymond is the best available FA PG at this moment, so what's wrong with this [potential] signing? Seriously, you used to be a valuable poster, so please stop acting like we've got $20M cap room and plenty of solid assets we could trade. In fact, we're very limited, the taxpayers' MLE, BAE, a copule of expiring deals and a $2M contract of an underachieving and always hurt combo guard is all we've got.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    @mafra: whom do you want our FO to land? Nash was beyond our financial reach (at least after Fields was offered his $20M) and even if we somehow signed him, what about Shumpert? Were you among those who started to believe he's basically useless? Kidd? We all knew he used us to get some more $$$ from Cuban, I didn't really see him signing with us after he was continuously stating he wants to retire as a Maverick. Raymond is the best available FA PG at this moment, so what's wrong with this [potential] signing? Seriously, you used to be a valuable poster, so please stop acting like we've got $20M cap room and plenty of solid assets we could trade. In fact, we're very limited, the taxpayers' MLE, BAE, a copule of expiring deals and a $2M contract of an underachieving and always hurt combo guard is all we've got.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS

I don't understand how a single pass decides whether Felts would be an upgrade or ot. Raymond, despite coming off a horrible season was still a 11/7 PG, better than anyone for the $$$ we can offer.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson

I don't understand how a single pass decides whether Felts would be an upgrade or ot. Raymond, despite coming off a horrible season was still a 11/7 PG, better than anyone for the $$$ we can offer.
    OKAY YOU WANT SOME MORE???!!!!

Do I really have to post you some videos of CP3 doing exactly the same **** in attempt to get a couple FTs?