Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617183242 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

Marc Stein: Raps G Jerryd Bayless is now unrestricted free agent, agent Jeff Schwartz tells ESPN. Raps have pulled qualifying offer to make Bayless UFA

I would love to add this guy to the Knicks

42% from 3 Last season
    11 ppg playing 22mins per game

Lol wut?

For you Oj Mayo Chasers

9:13am: As the Grizzlies agree to re-sign one of their free agents, Marreese Speights, another Memphis free agent continues to seek a new contract. O.J. Mayo almost certainly won't be returning to the Grizzlies, but he "may be close to something" with the Pacers, according to Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld (via Twitter).
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 06, 2012 at 15:27.

Superstar

We have to get Mayo. Do a sign and trade of some sort or give him the full MLE. Whatever it takes get him in NY next season. He's a lot better than people realize and he would thrive here. I'd be fine with Foye if we can't get him but we have to make a strong push for Mayo first.

is jr smith shopping in LA?

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    We have to get Mayo. Do a sign and trade of some sort or give him the full MLE. Whatever it takes get him in NY next season. He's a lot better than people realize and he would thrive here. I'd be fine with Foye if we can't get him but we have to make a strong push for Mayo first.
    nah I like Mayo but we don't need to get Mayo, the pacers are about to have a lot of free money when they let Hibbert walk So if they want him they can outbid us easily and have him.

There are enough SG's out there that someone might fall through and realistically we just need someone to be our version of Eric Maynor to come in whenever JR decides he wants to go shot crazy like Russell Westbrook does.

Superstar

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    is jr smith shopping in LA?
    Probably, but I think all they can offer him is a minimum deal. We can offer him about 3 million, so I say he resigns with us.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Smith is as good as resigned, i think knicks brass is deciding what to do with lin, then we'll move forward with bringing him back as well as novak.

Whats up with foye? i really want mayo i dont see why he cant be had here in NY and i think him at the 2 would solidify our backcourt and make us a tough matchup with anyone,

According to sources, Free agent F/C Marcus Camby has a meeting set with the Heat on Saturday and the Knicks shortly thereafter.
    At this point a return to the Rockets looks unlikely, and there won't be any interest shown by Houston until after they find out a decision on if the Bulls will match their $25 million offer given to fellow free agent center Omer Asik. Camby is said to only be interested in the $3 million exception, not the veteran's minimum.

Source: Jonathan Feigen on Twitter

If the knicks get Camby then they should just grab Foye and Shawne Williams and call it an FA. Those guys alongside Novak would mean that teams couldn't just collapse on players penetrating, and would have to guard their man behind the 3pt line.
    Last edited by Wargames; Jul 06, 2012 at 21:06.

Superstar

Didn't feel this deserved it's own thread but I figured some of you would enjoy seeing it. Melo on the USA team [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Its official Ray Allen to sign with the Miami Heat

Heat owner Micky Arison tweeted Friday, "Its 2:30am in London and I was just woken up with great news. Welcome to the family #20!!," which of course was Ray Allen's jersey number for the Celtics.
    Yahoo's Marc Spears just confirmed that Allen has come to an agreement with Miami, and this is a huge move with ramifications for both the Celtics and Heat. In Miami, we expect Allen to play at a similar level than he was prior to the ankle issues, and assuming there aren't major additions in South Beach
    Source: Marc Spears on Twitter

Originally Posted by WeReady

Heat owner Micky Arison tweeted Friday, "Its 2:30am in London and I was just woken up with great news. Welcome to the family #20!!," which of course was Ray Allen's jersey number for the Celtics.
    Yahoo's Marc Spears just confirmed that Allen has come to an agreement with Miami, and this is a huge move with ramifications for both the Celtics and Heat. In Miami, we expect Allen to play at a similar level than he was prior to the ankle issues, and assuming there aren't major additions in South Beach
    During games if the heat threw out a lineup of

Wade
    Ray Allen
    Battier
    Lebron
    Bosh

That would be damn near Impossible to overcome and with that being said
    The heat & Ray Allen

But at least we have a shot at Camby now

Originally Posted by WeReady

Originally Posted by Rob Low
    Didn't feel this deserved it's own thread but I figured some of you would enjoy seeing it. Melo on the USA team [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    nice find..Rep

Looks kinda of odd seeing him wearing #40 but whatever, nice to see the praises he gets from the other players.