Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 923242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 705

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

  1. #421
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    I think Howard only stated that he would agree to sign it & the Cavs have stated they would only take bynum if he's willing to sign an extension but i can see the deals getting done either by the weekend or monday.. so far things seem to be falling into place. Honestly i'm glad to see Howard out the East good news for the eastern conference bad news for the west lol

    The Cavaliers are eager to acquire Andrew Bynum in a three-way trade with the Lakers and Magic involving Dwight Howard, but they are not prepared to move forward without an assurance from Bynum.

    "Cleveland will only do the deal if Bynum extends," a league official directly involved in the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

    The Lakers want the framework of a trade to be agreed upon before the Cavaliers begin engaging Bynum on an extension.

    Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports


    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Originally Posted by elcol
    What kind of money do the knicks have left to get an SG?

    What kind of SG could we get with our money

    Foye, Chris DR...uh
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Bellinelli -- Knicks/Bulls interested
    Foye-- Knicks interested
    Pietrus-- Boston still interested
    Brewer-- Knicks interested if he were to accept vet min (acknowledged the possibility of returning to the bulls at a lower price)
    Jodie meeks-- Talked to Knicks/Bulls (prefers bi ann or mid level)
    CJ miles-- Bulls shown interest
    Delonte West-- Bulls shown interest
    Willie Green
    Josh Howard

    All those players are still available... who's taking the vet min? Probably nobody we really want... i wouldn't even be surprised if we didn't sign a SG at all.

    I was against trying to sign Brewer because he cant shoot, but now that i think about it we need more defensive athletic bodies on this team if we can sign Brewer for vet min i'd be satisfied. Were going to need more defensive bodies if were going to have any chance of stopping teams like the Heat and Thunder (Brewer is ideal) eventually we would be able to throw out a lineup of

    Felton
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Stat
    Chandler

    Bench

    Kidd
    JR
    Brewer
    Novak
    Camby

    Well balanced scoring and Defense from the starters and Bench.

  2. #422
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Bellinelli -- Knicks/Bulls interested
    Foye-- Knicks interested
    Pietrus-- Boston still interested
    Brewer-- Knicks interested if he were to accept vet min (acknowledged the possibility of returning to the bulls at a lower price)
    Jodie meeks-- Talked to Knicks/Bulls (prefers bi ann or mid level)
    CJ miles-- Bulls shown interest
    Delonte West-- Bulls shown interest
    Willie Green
    Josh Howard

    All those players are still available... who's taking the vet min? Probably nobody we really want... i wouldn't even be surprised if we didn't sign a SG at all.

    I was against trying to sign Brewer because he cant shoot, but now that i think about it we need more defensive athletic bodies on this team if we can sign Brewer for vet min i'd be satisfied. Were going to need more defensive bodies if were going to have any chance of stopping teams like the Heat and Thunder (Brewer is ideal) eventually we would be able to throw out a lineup of

    Felton
    Shumpert
    Melo
    Stat
    Chandler

    Bench

    Kidd
    JR
    Brewer
    Novak
    Camby

    Well balanced scoring and Defense from the starters and Bench.
    to be honest with you, we CAN get a good player like Foye, Bellinelli or Brewer but what will they do when Shumpert comes back? Play 5 min a game?

    It might just be better if we let Kidd play minutes at the 2 when J.R isn't there and when kidd and J.R get tired just let White fill in some minutes.....I also remember melo playing spot minutes at the 2 when Woodson took over.

  3. #423
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    to be honest with you, we CAN get a good player like Foye, Bellinelli or Brewer but what will they do when Shumpert comes back? Play 5 min a game?

    It might just be better if we let Kidd play minutes at the 2 when J.R isn't there and when kidd and J.R get tired just let White fill in some minutes.....I also remember melo playing spot minutes at the 2 when Woodson took over.
    I mean i'm 50/50 with Kidd starting at the 2 he's up there in age and i would hate to have to ware him out, it could work for certain periods of the game i'm not really feeling him staying there permanently until Shump returns nor am i'm really feeling MR. inconsistent JR starting there, but we have to make due with what we have.

    We can follow the Clipper model where they had Billups playing along Cp3, but Felton aint exactly no Cp3. What really concerns me is our transition defense and Fast breaks with Kidd at the 2... we dont exactly have no Blake Griffin jetting down the court... Shump is out, Fields is gone, Melo is capable of getting out in transition but ain't exactly no Lebron or Durant jetting down the court. I'd cringe at the thought of a Felton/Kidd fast break but i guess Kidd at the 2 is not so bad until further notice.. he can help spread the floor because of his capability of knocking the 3 ball (still wouldn't mind having brewer for defensive and athletic purposes)
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 19, 2012 at 23:58.

  4. #424
    Member Shaunyboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I would be ecstatic if we filled 3 of our remaining spots Foye, Shawne Williams and Kenyon Martin. Not sure if Foye would take the vet min. though but if he can be convinced we'd have a heck of a squad

  5. #425
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Shaunyboy23
    I would be ecstatic if we filled 3 of our remaining spots Foye, Shawne Williams and Kenyon Martin. Not sure if Foye would take the vet min. though but if he can be convinced we'd have a heck of a squad
    TommyD on twitter doesnt usually spout to much BS, but he is dead set that Foye if convinced as both you said, would come from Vet Min. and BTW Shawne Williams name hasnt been said even one. 1% chance he's a Knick

  6. #426
    Member Shaunyboy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That would be great if the Foye thing really pans out

  7. #427
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Shannon Brown has agreed to a two-year, $7 million deal with the Suns. The second season of the contract is half guaranteed.

    Brown also spent the 11-12 season with Phoenix.

    Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)


    Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222521/Shannon_Brown_Agrees_To_Two_Year_$7M_Deal_With_Sun s#ixzz21Cs5QaXE

  8. #428
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    304
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Not sure if this has been posted, but it looks like NY and Ronnie Brewer are talking:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Anyone know anything on Randy Foye?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #429
    Member 21 Shump Street's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    402
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    to be honest with you, we CAN get a good player like Foye, Bellinelli or Brewer but what will they do when Shumpert comes back? Play 5 min a game?

    It might just be better if we let Kidd play minutes at the 2 when J.R isn't there and when kidd and J.R get tired just let White fill in some minutes.....I also remember melo playing spot minutes at the 2 when Woodson took over.
    Shumpert won't be 100% once he returns, his minutes will definitely be limited likely for the rest of the year. Foye or Brewer would still get a large role with the team and may be convinced to sign. They could be showcased on a Knicks team that will certainly get plenty of attention, and use this season as a contract year. I really think we should avoid Bellinelli though, his defense is way too shaky.

  10. #430
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Barbosa is another FA out there that might be a nice option...

    The Free Agent market is growing thin some players aren't going to get what they expect.

  11. #431
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
    Nets have reached deal with 14 year veteran Nazr Mohammed.

  12. #432
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I hate to post this because it's from a Brooklyn fan, and I believe hes just hating on the Knicks but TommyD talks to him like he's a credible source, so take it for what its worth

    The Knicks are an undesirable destination?

    Yves Darbouze ‏@DonMagicDraper
    It seems NBA players feel like Knicks are bad situation getting worse but guy said Melo is a popular guy but not to play with @TommyDeeTKB
    Yves Darbouze ‏@DonMagicDraper
    this guy is a young NBA player best friend on a bad team, told some credible stories said NYK situation is puzzling to players @TommyDeeTKB
    *The player he is referring to is Randy Foye*
    To which one Knick fan replied, and the source responded
    NYSportsDr ‏@NYSportsDr
    @DonMagicDraper @TommyDeeTKB tell that to Kidd and Camby, guys won't sign up for two months of PT before Shump comes back
    3m Yves Darbouze ‏@DonMagicDraper
    At 38+ not sure those guys had a ton of options but true @NYSportsDr @tommydeetkb

  13. #433
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    I hate to post this because it's from a Brooklyn fan, and I believe hes just hating on the Knicks but TommyD talks to him like he's a credible source, so take it for what its worth

    The Knicks are an undesirable destination?



    *The player he is referring to is Randy Foye*
    To which one Knick fan replied, and the source responded
    Wow the undesirable part of the Knicks that players are staying away from......


    James Dolan.

    They see how he runs things and dont want any part of it, F*ck you Dolan, f*ck you

  14. #434
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I'm starting to get upset here's why

    Felton/Kidd
    Smith/Shumpert
    Anthony/Novak
    Stoudemire
    Chandler/Camby/Thomas

    I know Woodson likes vets and **** but we need some athleticism specifically behind Stoudemire and Anthony

    We should found a legit replacements for Jeffries and Fields, White and Copeland are good but don't scream threat to teams around the league

    At this point I see Miami running all day on us

    That's why I'm all for adding Sonny Weems and even a back up 4 maybe grab a Udonis Haslem type Pops Mensah-Bonsu/Leon Powe are the type of guys I'm looking for to add some toughness and athleticism we lack

    Get it done Grunnie

  15. #435
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Wow the undesirable part of the Knicks that players are staying away from......


    James Dolan.

    They see how he runs things and dont want any part of it, F*ck you Dolan, f*ck you
    Well you are also missing two common denominators in this whole thing 1. CAA 2. Isiah Thomas CAA basically runs our front office, haven't you notice most of the players that come here or represented by that agency and the shadow presence of Isaiah Thomas remember it wasn't too long ago that Dolan tried to hire him back as a consultant when Walsh was still here

    All three factors in combination I'm not surprised that players are staying away unless they are represented by CAA of course.

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Chris Paul to the Knicks Thread
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 24, 2010, 14:36
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2010, 09:49
  3. The Official...Official Thread
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2010, 12:51
  4. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 22:08
  5. free agency
    By Knicker Bocker in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2005, 21:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •