Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 41428293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

Default Matt Barnes arrested on traffic violation, resisting arrest

The cops just busted one of the NBA's most unapologetic tough guys in Los Angeles.

Manhattan Beach police arrested Matt Barnes, a free agent forward who spent the last two seasons with the Los Angeles Lakers, for a traffic violation and for resisting arrest on Monday night.

CBS Los Angeles reports that Barnes' bail was set for $51,000 after Barnes was "uncooperative" and "allegedly threatened" a police officer.

Manhattan Beach police Lt. Steve Tobias said Barnes was arrested late Monday as he was walking on a busy thoroughfare in the city about 20 miles southwest of downtown Los Angeles. Bail was set at $51,000.

Tobias said Barnes wasn't cooperative when he was stopped by police and was going to be booked for allegedly threatening the officer, which is a felony.

Authorities said the warrant was for driving on a suspended license.

Barnes, 32, averaged 7.8 points, 5.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists in 22.9 minutes per game last season.

Known for picking fights and talking trash on the court, Barnes was suspended from a California pro-am league during the lockout for allegedly punching an opponent. During the 2010-11 season, Barnes threw a Dallas Mavericks assistant coach to the ground during an in-game skirmish and early in the 2011-12 season he shoved Los Angeles Clippers All-Star forward Blake Griffin to the ground, earning a flagrant foul. He was also arrested on a domestic violence charge back in September 2010 but was not charged in the incident.

On July 10, the Los Angeles Times reported that the Lakers "aren't expected" to re-sign Barnes after the team signed 23-year-old forward Devin Ebanks to a one-year contract.

A 9-year NBA veteran, Barnes' career has included stops with the Clippers, Sacramento Kings, New York Knicks, Philadelphia 76ers, Golden State Warriors, Phoenix Suns, Orlando Magic and the Lakers.

min vet for you barnes!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Brandon Rush has reached agreement on a two-year, $8 million deal to stay with Golden State, agent Mark Bartelstein says.

Report: Knicks like Kenyon Martin, but he wants to be paid

Kurt Helin

Aug 2, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT

The Knicks would like to add a backup power forward to the roster, someone who can come in off the bench and give them some energy, defense and a few points.

There are a few guys out there, but the Kenyon Martin seems to fit pretty well with the Knicks style and what they want to do. But… there’s a complication, tweets Jared Zwerling of ESPN:

Regarding Kenyon Martin, out of available PFs, he’d make most sense for NYK. Versatile, knows Melo/JR. But source says won’t sign for min.

The Knicks are only really handing out minimum deals the rest of the way, as are most teams at this point in the summer. Rosters are pretty much set and there are only a few spots on a few teams for more than the minimum.

Martin’s options are drying up — the Warriors were interested but they signed Carl Landry, and the Clippers have moved on. Martin can wait this out until training camp starts, looking for some team to give him a piece of their mid-level exception. But he may have some less than ideal options to choose from when it comes time.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You know what,I cant fault it,id wanna get paid too.
    But man by the time I was this far in my career id want to win.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    You know what,I cant fault it,id wanna get paid too.
    But man by the time I was this far in my career id want to win.
    You'd think, he'd chase the ring, China, LAC, seems cashing in is his MO at this point, still thinks it's 2001. I mean he had a taste with the Nets hasn't gotten back there at all, think he'd be hungry for it, but signing with LAC last year, sort of well shows you how important that ring is to him.....he'd probably end up selling it.

A source close to unrestricted free agent Chris Andersen said the power forward is open to signing for the veteran's minimum. That's all the Knicks can offer, and they could use a seasoned backup for Amare Stoudemire who knows how to score inside, rebound and block shots.

There's no word yet if Andersen, 34, is interested in the Knicks, who don't comment publicly on any free agents.

Andersen
    It's worth noting, though, that Andersen is a client of CAA, which also represents five Knicks: coach Mike Woodson, Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith, his younger brother, Chris, and new acquisition Ronnie Brewer.

While the Knicks' roster stands at 15 -- the most players a team can have come opening night -- they could add Andersen right now to their books. That's because it's very likely that Chris Smith will start the season in the D-League. Perhaps Chris Copeland as well.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    A source close to unrestricted free agent Chris Andersen said the power forward is open to signing for the veteran's minimum. That's all the Knicks can offer, and they could use a seasoned backup for Amare Stoudemire who knows how to score inside, rebound and block shots.

There's no word yet if Andersen, 34, is interested in the Knicks, who don't comment publicly on any free agents.

Andersen
    It's worth noting, though, that Andersen is a client of CAA, which also represents five Knicks: coach Mike Woodson, Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith, his younger brother, Chris, and new acquisition Ronnie Brewer.

While the Knicks' roster stands at 15 -- the most players a team can have come opening night -- they could add Andersen right now to their books. That's because it's very likely that Chris Smith will start the season in the D-League. Perhaps Chris Copeland as well.

The Knicks should go for it. We'd be fortunate to have him on this deep team.

Hell yeah, I could go for Mr.Anderson

I noticed that you're pretty good with the Pics with words on them. Could you please make me a pic of Melo with the Jordan shrug that says "Haters are gonna Hate"? I'd appreciate it man!!

Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    I noticed that you're pretty good with the Pics with words on them. Could you please make me a pic of Melo with the Jordan shrug that says "Haters are gonna Hate"? I'd appreciate it man!!
    lol sure .

YESSS!! Thanks homey!!!! What do you use btw to edit photos?

YESSS!! Thanks homey!!!! What do you use btw to edit photos?
    Save your image to your computer
    then go here and upload it

Once its uploaded it will give you option to add text.

word, good looks!!