Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1222363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

Default Howard

Josh Howard >>>> Sean Williams

Sean Williams is one of those Anthony Randolph type guys with potential,
    who has never progressed beyond that. At least Ant-man came out of his
    anthill last year for Minny during Love's breakdown. but Williams? meh!
    that video is the most i've seen him do in years, and that was during garbage
    time... don't mean sheeit.

Josh Howard was a VERY good player for years in Dallas, got hurt, and finally
    got a chance in Utah, where he was hurting for a large portion of the season.
    A healthy Howard can be a boon to the NYK bench, a quality player with skills
    to score, defend and rebound.

Other than KMart, who has a bad attitude anyway, Amundsen, who wants too
    much money, and Birdman, whose mind has flown the coop, I'd say Howard
    is by far, the best man for the money Knicks have to offer.

GO GET HIM, GRUNWALDO!!

Default Rockets Sign Scott Machado

Scott Machado signed for 3 years by Rockets.

f*cking Houston taking chances the Knicks didn't want to bet on. again.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    Josh Howard >>>> Sean Williams

Sean Williams is one of those Anthony Randolph type guys with potential,
    who has never progressed beyond that. At least Ant-man came out of his
    anthill last year for Minny during Love's breakdown. but Williams? meh!
    that video is the most i've seen him do in years, and that was during garbage
    time... don't mean sheeit.

Josh Howard was a VERY good player for years in Dallas, got hurt, and finally
    got a chance in Utah, where he was hurting for a large portion of the season.
    A healthy Howard can be a boon to the NYK bench, a quality player with skills
    to score, defend and rebound.

Other than KMart, who has a bad attitude anyway, Amundsen, who wants too
    much money, and Birdman, whose mind has flown the coop, I'd say Howard
    is by far, the best man for the money Knicks have to offer.

GO GET HIM, GRUNWALDO!!
    we dont need Ho-ward....kids done and we need a front court presence

williams > ho-ward.....not that williams is the answer

The Brooklyn Nets have agreed to a one-year, minimum deal with Andray Blatche.

Blatche was waived by the Washington Wizards via the amnesty clause in July.

Blatche told HoopsWorld on Wednesday that he had hoped to sign a contract within the next few days.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    The Brooklyn Nets have agreed to a one-year, minimum deal with Andray Blatche.

Blatche was waived by the Washington Wizards via the amnesty clause in July.

Blatche told HoopsWorld on Wednesday that he had hoped to sign a contract within the next few days.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports
    Cause they really need to add another PF to the Humphries/Teletovic/Evans list.

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    Cause they really need to add another PF to the Humphries/Teletovic/Evans list.
    Which makes Blatche a low risk-high reward signing.

True, but I still think it's a higher risk than most people think. No real leaders in the front court to show him the way.

Plus I don't think Blatche understands he is on his last straw and needs to bring it, and will be pissed at the amount of time he gets.

Evans & KMART were feuding over playing time behind Griffin so how do you think him and Blatche are going to be behing Hump & Tele.

May amount to nothing but has the possibilty to blow up too.

Originally Posted by 21 Shump Street
    True, but I still think it's a higher risk than most people think. No real leaders in the front court to show him the way.

Plus I don't think Blatche understands he is on his last straw and needs to bring it, and will be pissed at the amount of time he gets.

Evans & KMART were feuding over playing time behind Griffin so how do you think him and Blatche are going to be behing Hump & Tele.

May amount to nothing but has the possibilty to blow up too.
    Well I guess that's true.. the bright side is that the Nets should be out of the running for K-Mart. Let's hope Grunny is talking to him as we speak..err.. type.

Superstar

Default Nets

I find it troubling that we sign Chris Smith and players with far more potential -- Greene (Donte) and Blatche -- apparently talk only with the Nets.

Blatche will probably get time at center as well. Plus ESPN is reporting it's unguaranteed. Some times the agents are leading the player to teams, making calls, etc. Players coming off fat deals with no contract in hand, is probably looking for opportunity to play and work their way into another contract.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    I find it troubling that we sign Chris Smith and players with far more potential -- Greene (Donte) and Blatche -- apparently talk only with the Nets.
    So true. I don't get that either...It's a real head-scratcher. The only thing I can think of is that the Knicks agreed to do JR a favor in exchange for coming back at such as discount. Otherwise, taking Chris Smith on the eventual 15-man makes no sense. Zero...Dude's not even a true PG. He's another Toney Douglas type, probably not even as good. If it isn't to appease JR, I don't see how you justify taking this guy.

I still think we need another big (preferably one who can score) ahead of another guard..5 Guys I like for that final spot (assuming Copeland makes it and Smith doesn't):

1 - DJ White - Perfect fit behind Amar'e. Will he settle for a vet. minimum deal? That's the question. Up to now, he appears against it, but as training camp draws closer, maybe.

2 - Donte Greene - Looks like the Nets got cold feet after he hurt his ankle. This is where we should come in and pounce. Go get him now while he's hurt and agree to let him take his time and rehab (Brian Cashman of the Yankees makes moves like this every so often to great effect -- Jon Lieber, David Aardsma, etc). We should always be thinking a few steps ahead of the competition...When he's ready, it'd be like picking up a free 1st round pick out of nowhere. The man's got some real potent offensive skills. I know he's more of a SF but at 6'10 or so, he's got enough size to backup Amar'e and Melo.

3 - Marcus Cousin - I've been saying it for 2 yrs now at least -- this guy's the best big man out there no one seems to believe in or care about. Real solid all-around skills. At the very least , he's on par with fellow young centers Jerome Jordan & Keith Benson. I think this guy's actually much better and more NBA-ready than those two. One of the best jumpshooting big men I've ever seen. Dude's 6'11" 255, shoots like a guard, has good post moves, rebounds well, runs the floor and he's capable of blocking a shot. Better than half the bigs on NBA rosters right now imo. DraftExpress compared him to Earl Barron a couple of yrs ago in their writeup...Good comparison. To me he's a mixture of Al Horford/Jordan Hill/Channing Frye (Woody had Horford in Atlanta -- I think he would really like Cousin). All this kid needs is a chance. Without question he's good enough to be a rotation player in the NBA for some team.

4 - Sean Williams - I think he's matured from his days at BC/NJ with stints in the NBDL & in Israel where he played well. Hey, even if for that additional shot-blocking element alone. Chandler, Camby and then this guy -- that'd be an incredible defensive presence protecting the rim. Mobb deep with the shot-blocking.

5 - Michael Loyd Jr. - Former BYU/Midwestern State standout. I see we're set to bring in GW's Tony Taylor Jr. again for a 2nd workout. He looks good but I don't think he's as good as Loyd. This guy's the best under-the-radar PG out there if you ask me (Cousin & Loyd might be the 2 best under-the-radar players out there period). 6'1", lightning-quick, excellent penetator, tight handle, can distribute, quality shooter from deep and he can play D. Everything you could possibly want in a young PG. Tremendous talent. If they really want a young, talented understudy PG to groom and bring along slowly, this would be my choice. Youtube him and tell me he doesn't remind you of Darren Collison. Better I think...Remember the name -- whoever winds up giving this guy a shot in the NBA won't be sorry.
    Last edited by finestrg; Sep 06, 2012 at 20:50.

chris smith signing was just for training camp, anything after that isnt guaranteed unless he turns some heads

Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    ain't that the Knicks' M.O.? how many players with potential have the Knicks
    signed and kept, and how many have they let go or traded away to save cap
    space or dealt for 1 big player?

lameness comes from the top, the silver-spoon fed Jimmy Dolan and his clueless peons.

Knicks F.O. would rather sign a Grant Hill than a young unproven player with potential.

whatevs. finestrong needs to take Grunwaldo's place.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    ain't that the Knicks' M.O.? how many players with potential have the Knicks
    signed and kept, and how many have they let go or traded away to save cap
    space or dealt for 1 big player?

lameness comes from the top, the silver-spoon fed Jimmy Dolan and his clueless peons.

Knicks F.O. would rather sign a Grant Hill than a young unproven player with potential.

whatevs. finestrong needs to take Grunwaldo's place.
    Agreed, even then you take it a step back, is there even a scouting department for the college level or is all money put into personnel payroll. What separates a Spurs team or even a Celtics team is their scouting, finding an Avery Bradley, or the Spurs plugging in quality role players around their core. There are players out there, you just have to be invested to find them. Lameness....laziness, use the cash to buy "proven" players, rather than mining a few gold chips. Baron Davis, Mike Bibby......your #12-#15 guys on the roster should be players you can develop and hopefully count on in a year or 2.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
    Agreed, even then you take it a step back, is there even a scouting department for the college level or is all money put into personnel payroll. What separates a Spurs team or even a Celtics team is their scouting, finding an Avery Bradley, or the Spurs plugging in quality role players around their core. There are players out there, you just have to be invested to find them. Lameness....laziness, use the cash to buy "proven" players, rather than mining a few gold chips. Baron Davis, Mike Bibby......your #12-#15 guys on the roster should be players you can develop and hopefully count on in a year or 2.
    BINGO! You hit the nail on the head. I feel like there's a lot of truth in what you're saying here, unfortunately. There's always the Landry Fields or Josh Harrellson pickups that give you a little pause (maybe with Chris Copeland too), but by in large I agree -- they seem to be sleeping at the wheel a lot when it comes to seeking out, signing and then plugging in young, cheap (and good) talent to fill holes. I don't get it. The FO is just not aggressive enough in this dept. I never get the feeling they're looking hard enough. These guys are out there!!!