Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1525394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

Originally Posted by NYk_Reloaded718
    Marc J. Spears @SpearsNBAYahoo

Heat announce signing of center Josh Harrellson.
    watch he turn into David Lee

Lets sign Tmac and Kmart already so i can add them to the Knicks on 2K11

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Lets sign Tmac and Kmart already so i can add them to the Knicks on 2K11
    Agreed on the KMART front, he needs to just sign or go play in some remote part of the world.

Unrestricted free agent Shawne Williams, who had his best season in New York in 2010-11, wants to return to the Knicks but the team isn't interested, according to a source close to the versatile forward.

The source told ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks are "a good fit," and that he's open to taking the veteran's minimum, which is all they can offer. The Hawks and Bobcats are also looking at Williams, who is represented by Happy Walters, the same agent as Amare Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert.

Several sources have told ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks want to add a seasoned power forward, possibly to back up Stoudemire. The top candidates are Kenyon Martin and Louis Amundson, but both players want at least the mini mid-level exception of $3 million or higher. Other fours include D.J. White, Chris Andersen, who played with Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith in Denver, and Jordan Williams, who played for the Nets last season.

While Shawne Williams isn't as skilled inside as Martin and Amundson, he can rebound and guard power forwards with his strength and length. He can also stretch the floor and knock down the three, a skill for which he became a fan favorite in New York. In 2010-11, in only 20 minutes of action, he averaged 7.1 points, 3.7 rebounds and nearly one block, while shooting 40.1 percent from downtown.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Unrestricted free agent Shawne Williams, who had his best season in New York in 2010-11, wants to return to the Knicks but the team isn't interested, according to a source close to the versatile forward.

The source told ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks are "a good fit," and that he's open to taking the veteran's minimum, which is all they can offer. The Hawks and Bobcats are also looking at Williams, who is represented by Happy Walters, the same agent as Amare Stoudemire and Iman Shumpert.

Several sources have told ESPNNewYork.com that the Knicks want to add a seasoned power forward, possibly to back up Stoudemire. The top candidates are Kenyon Martin and Louis Amundson, but both players want at least the mini mid-level exception of $3 million or higher. Other fours include D.J. White, Chris Andersen, who played with Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith in Denver, and Jordan Williams, who played for the Nets last season.

While Shawne Williams isn't as skilled inside as Martin and Amundson, he can rebound and guard power forwards with his strength and length. He can also stretch the floor and knock down the three, a skill for which he became a fan favorite in New York. In 2010-11, in only 20 minutes of action, he averaged 7.1 points, 3.7 rebounds and nearly one block, while shooting 40.1 percent from downtown.

TBH,I'd love to have Shawne back.

If he'll take the minimum then get him back here! He wants to be here, and his numbers here, as shown in the link, were solid.

He defends well, boards, the occasional swat, and can shoot. What more do we need from a 10mpg PF?

And what if Amar'e goes down again?

Melo slips to the 4, but who backs him? Does Kurt Thomas take the reigns?

Sign 'With an E Williams'.

Originally Posted by CA7
    watch he turn into David Lee
    yeah with our luck that is what would happen

But I see Jorts being a Brian Scalebrene type

What about Jordan Williams?

Didn't Shawne choose the nets over us a year ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superstar

Sig check.

He abandoned us when we desperately needed a back up 4 and went to the Nets of all people. I don't want him back now

I can understand those who DONT want shawne williams back because of the disloyalty, going to the Nets, you feel betrayed etc etc. Shawne williams is also the same dude that was charged with possession of Marijuana in 2007 and also charged with selling codeine substances in 2010. Yes he was grateful the knicks gave him the chance and he played great for us in 2010, but at the end of the day he did what was best for him. A 5 mill deal with the Nets presented itself and he chose that path, at the end of the day the NBA is a business and he has his rights to do what he wants.. he's human like the rest of us, im sure he has family he has to support as well. Lets face it that 5 mill deal was a once in a life time opportunity i don't see him being offered that kind of money again or repeating that brilliant shooting season he had with us.... just look at him now his production took a tumble and he's being offered only vet min for whatever team he signs too.

Now for those who DO WANT PURP back why?????????? did anyone watch him playing for the Nets, he looked terrible and shot 28%fg with a 24% 3 pointer percentage i rather have Birdman, we dont really need Purp if we already have Novak who clearly shoots better than Purp. All we need is a legit backup Big Amundson, K-Mart, Birdman one of these guys are bound to end up here.

However if it all came down to us ending up with purp and signing him, ill still support him & pray to God his season looks nothing like it did last year.

Superstar

Originally Posted by New New York
    What about Jordan Williams?
    Very interesting...Didn't even know he was available. Has upside. Dude was a rebounding machine in college and he can score. Double-double machine. Wasn't great with the Nets his rookie season but there's nice potential here. I'm down.

Darko Milicic has agreed to sign with the Boston Celtics, according to a source.

The Celtics expressed interest in Milicic when he was amnestied by the Wolves in July.

Via A. Sherrod Blakely/CSN

Superstar

Not sure what to make of bringing Shawne Williams back. Right off the top he feels a little redundant with Copeland, no? I could be down for Shawne over James White though. After watching him in summer ball, I'm not convinced that White makes any meaningful contribution here. As always, I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

And yeah, 'with an E' can play some 4 in a pinch (let's be honest with that though -- D'Antoni did it because he wanted his shooting on the floor, not because he was some great defender, although for a guy playing out of position, he did do a passable job defending the post to be fair), but he'll always be a 3 trying to cover at the 4. Would rather have a legit backup 4 behind Amar'e. DJ White continues to be the best choice in my book. He's got the size/bulk for the position, plus he can rebound, block a shot and he's a real underrated offesive player...Wouldn't be the worst move in the world though -- Shawne can definitely shoot it and stretch the defense -- I'd just assume sign a legit PF to backup STAT.

Just looking over the roster again -- I know they're not finished yet but as of right now, it feels unbalanced and lacking true quality depth in a few places. Two big questions remain for me: (1) a legit PF to backup Amar'e if he ever went down (or if Woody decides that reducing STAT's mins to keep him healthy & fresh for the playoffs is the right move), a guy who can step right in and plug the hole w/o changing things drastically and forcing guys to play out of position (I don't know one championship team that won it all with guys playing out of position); (2) getting another legit SG for depth in case Brewer, Shump or God forbid both are slow to return.

It won't happen but this is what I'd love to see:

(1) Buy out KT and sign DJ White. Fill the spot with a more viable option, a much younger guy capable of taking over major mins at the 4 if the need arises. Offer White the vet min. acknowledging that he's worth more, sell the team as a championship level squad (esp. if he came aboard), offer about 20 mins a game and a handshake to re-up him after the season at fair market value. I think he'd accept those terms. He's the best 4 left on the market right now imo. If he declines, I'd quickly turn my attention to Jordan Williams. Big boy (6'10" 250+) with some nice budding skills & upside. 3rd choice: Sean Williams. Have to convince Dolan that buying out KT at this stage of his career is in the best interest of the team. I'm sure that's easier said than done...You know what though, it wouldn't be be a lot of money (dude's set to make $1.35M -- $1M probably gets it done, maybe less. 800-900K?).

(2) Decide on Chris Copeland or Shawne Williams as an extra shooter/depth behind Melo.

(3) Come up with more SG depth. I'm not comfortable starting the season with Brewer and Shump as question marks. No guarantee either guy makes it back by their projected return time (Brew by opening night; Shump by Christmas, maybe January). When you rush guys back, you tend to have setbacks. We need more depth here, plain and simple. If we're really serious about making a run for it all then getting off to a fast start is so important. Cut James White. Never should've guaranteed this dude any money to begin with. Should've been a training camp invite all the way...Weigh signing Tracy McGrady. They just had him in supposedly. If he looked good, offer him a contract. Looked like he definitely had something left in that ATL Hawk clip from a yr ago. If that goes nowhere, sign a younger guy capable of filling in on the interim -- go with talent over experience here (there's already enough experience & leadership on this team). There are guys out there man: Chris Douglas-Roberts (prior NBA experience), Jamelle Horne, Scotty Hopson, Austin Freeman, etc.

(4) With the finally roster spot, grab Marcus Cousin for a little more depth at PF/C. This dude's talented and NBA-ready. I see an upgrade over Jerome Jordan here actually. Same age, just as big (6'11"+, 255), only with more game & better skills.

5 - Chandler
    4 - Stoudemire
    3 - Melo
    2 - JR Smith
    1 - Felton
    ---------------------
    5 - Camby
    4 - DJ White or Jordan Williams/Sean Williams
    3 - Novak
    2 - McGrady or CDR, Hopson, Horne, Freeman
    1 - Kidd
    ---------------------
    5/4 - Marcus Cousin
    3/4 - Chris Copeland or Shawne Williams
    2 (IR) - Iman Shumpert (he's the future - there's a spot ready for him but I want him to take his time and come back ONLY when he's ready - don't want the Knicks to rush him back -- if they can pick up another viable SG, they won't need to)
    2 (IR) - Ronnie Brewer (diff. situation than Shump -- don't want him rushing back either but I'm not sure I see a future in NY beyond this yr with this guy anyway - ideal situation might be for McGrady or another SG pickup to overperform outta the gate and keep Brewer on the bench when he got back)
    1 - Prigioni
    Last edited by finestrg; Sep 20, 2012 at 13:28.

Don't think you need to buyout Thomas to add DJ White. I think White might be of better value, as he as a 12-15th guy most of his career, will play with a motor. KMart is name value, but he's more of been there done that, give me the green....one last time.