Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1125262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 705

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

  1. #451
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    Delfino would be a good get simce Foye signed a one year deal with the Jazz.
    For how much?

  2. #452
    Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    799
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Alvaro Martin: Newsday: #NewYorkKnicks have @Carlos Delfino on radar; however, Knicks can only offer him the veteran minimum (approximately $1.2 per season)
    Hopefully Prigioni can convince him to sign for the vets min seeing as there's not that much many left out there and he could get a bigger contract next year after showcasing his talents in NY as the starting 2 guard for a year. I know him and Melo hate each other though so that probably won't help the situation

  3. #453
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Randy Foye has agreed to a one-year deal with the Jazz.

    Foye spent the past two season with the Clippers.

    Via Ric Bucher/ESPN (via Twitter)


    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    So much for Foye lol

    Brewer, Delfino, Jodie Meeks, Pietrus, Weems, Delonte.W, Mo evans..... all still available SG market is growing thinner and thinner

  4. #454
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Randy Foye has agreed to a one-year deal with the Jazz.

    Foye spent the past two season with the Clippers.

    Via Ric Bucher/ESPN (via Twitter)


    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    So much for Foye lol

    Brewer, Delfino, Jodie Meeks, Pietrus, Weems, Delonte.W, Mo evans..... all still available SG market is growing thinner and thinner
    No way, man I was sure he'd be a Knick.
    Oh well, Delfino would be great

  5. #455
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Knicks ‏@Knicks_Pulse
    Randy Foye signs 1 year deal with the Jazz. Knicks now focusing their attention Carlos Delfino, Ronnie Brewer,Maurice Evans and Sonny Weems

    Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda
    To get an idea of the market remaining for SGs-- i.e. Ronnie Brewer, etc. -- Randy Foye just agreed to a 1-year, $2.5M deal w/ Utah

  6. #456
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    $2.5M is still way above what we could spend on Foye after we signed Camby, Kidd and Raymond using all our valuable exceptions and trading all our assets. However, I expected Foye to sign a multi-year deal around $3M/year.

  7. #457
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,500
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    $2.5M is still way above what we could spend on Foye after we signed Camby, Kidd and Raymond using all our valuable exceptions and trading all our assets. However, I expected Foye to sign a multi-year deal around $3M/year.
    looks like Knicks will be about $1M short to sign a starting SG, while the rest
    of the league picks and chooses who they want to strengthen their lineups.

    Knicks front office instead will sit on their hands and twiddle their meats and
    hope someone who can help doesn't get signed. I wouldn't be surprised if teams
    decide to take a chance on Brewer, Delfino, Weems, Mo Evans etc just to spite Knicks.

    what fantastic planning by the front office! again.

  8. #458
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    looks like Knicks will be about $1M short to sign a starting SG, while the rest
    of the league picks and chooses who they want to strengthen their lineups.

    Knicks front office instead will sit on their hands and twiddle their meats and
    hope someone who can help doesn't get signed. I wouldn't be surprised if teams
    decide to take a chance on Brewer, Delfino, Weems, Mo Evans etc just to spite Knicks.

    what fantastic planning by the front office! again.
    How would you handle the situation?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #459
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,500
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by JaYnYcE
    How would you handle the situation?
    i would've signed Lin.

    it's all about planning, knowing what your needs are and signing accordingly.
    Knicks are once again stuck in salary cap hell and can't do sh*t, unlike every
    other team in the NBA.

  10. #460
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    ^ I can't see how signing a PG improves our SG situation. Lin or no Lin we can still make Kidd/Felt share SG duties with JR.

  11. #461
    Member JaYnYcE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    305
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    i would've signed Lin.

    it's all about planning, knowing what your needs are and signing accordingly.
    Knicks are once again stuck in salary cap hell and can't do sh*t, unlike every
    other team in the NBA.
    I understand your planning strategy. But why would you sign a PG whose game doesn't fit with the starters on this team? They were winning games but Lin belongs on a team where he's the number one option. Thats when he's at his best. Maybe Lin saw the writing on the wall under Woody and decided this isn't the best situation for him. I wish him the best but IMO we need a facilitator/hit the open shot kind of PG to compete.

    Otherwise we're over paying for guys who are proven at the expense of someome we really don't know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #462
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Lets not lose hope just yet lol

    Pablo plays with Delfino, so we have the smallest form of leverage possible.

  13. #463
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    The Knicks have agreed to terms on a one-year deal with Ronnie Brewer, according to a source.

    Brewer will give New York depth at both wing positions.

    Brewer spent the past two seasons with the Bulls.

    Via David Aldridge/NBA.com (via Twitter)


    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  14. #464
    Member BananaSauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    369
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    so ...
    kidd/felton/pablo
    iman/jr/white/brewer
    melo/novak/copeland
    amare/kurt/....kostas?
    tc/camby/....jordan?

    i heard he got waived after the trade. but, he played on the summer league for us.

    so, whats the deal on our back up pf or c?

  15. #465
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    we cant sign JJ for 1 year

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Chris Paul to the Knicks Thread
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 24, 2010, 15:36
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2010, 10:49
  3. The Official...Official Thread
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2010, 13:51
  4. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 23:08
  5. free agency
    By Knicker Bocker in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2005, 22:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •