Official Free Agency Thread

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
You know what,I cant fault it,id wanna get paid too.
But man by the time I was this far in my career id want to win.

You'd think, he'd chase the ring, China, LAC, seems cashing in is his MO at this point, still thinks it's 2001. I mean he had a taste with the Nets hasn't gotten back there at all, think he'd be hungry for it, but signing with LAC last year, sort of well shows you how important that ring is to him.....he'd probably end up selling it.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
A source close to unrestricted free agent Chris Andersen said the power forward is open to signing for the veteran's minimum. That's all the Knicks can offer, and they could use a seasoned backup for Amare Stoudemire who knows how to score inside, rebound and block shots.

There's no word yet if Andersen, 34, is interested in the Knicks, who don't comment publicly on any free agents.

Andersen
It's worth noting, though, that Andersen is a client of CAA, which also represents five Knicks: coach Mike Woodson, Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith, his younger brother, Chris, and new acquisition Ronnie Brewer.

While the Knicks' roster stands at 15 -- the most players a team can have come opening night -- they could add Andersen right now to their books. That's because it's very likely that Chris Smith will start the season in the D-League. Perhaps Chris Copeland as well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22871/source-chris-andersen-open-to-vets-min

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
A source close to unrestricted free agent Chris Andersen said the power forward is open to signing for the veteran's minimum. That's all the Knicks can offer, and they could use a seasoned backup for Amare Stoudemire who knows how to score inside, rebound and block shots.

There's no word yet if Andersen, 34, is interested in the Knicks, who don't comment publicly on any free agents.

Andersen
It's worth noting, though, that Andersen is a client of CAA, which also represents five Knicks: coach Mike Woodson, Carmelo Anthony, J.R. Smith, his younger brother, Chris, and new acquisition Ronnie Brewer.

While the Knicks' roster stands at 15 -- the most players a team can have come opening night -- they could add Andersen right now to their books. That's because it's very likely that Chris Smith will start the season in the D-League. Perhaps Chris Copeland as well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22871/source-chris-andersen-open-to-vets-min
The Knicks should go for it. We'd be fortunate to have him on this deep team.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer
I noticed that you're pretty good with the Pics with words on them. Could you please make me a pic of Melo with the Jordan shrug that says "Haters are gonna Hate"? I'd appreciate it man!!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
I noticed that you're pretty good with the Pics with words on them. Could you please make me a pic of Melo with the Jordan shrug that says "Haters are gonna Hate"? I'd appreciate it man!!
363191.jpg

Hayato

Benchwarmer
kmart would be my first option for PF. he'll see he wont get more than the vet minimum. if we lose out on him and maybe barnes, how bout a shawne williams reunion? portland waived him. he can backup PF and SF and we all know he can space the floor

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
kmart would be my first option for PF. he'll see he wont get more than the vet minimum. if we lose out on him and maybe barnes, how bout a shawne williams reunion? portland waived him. he can backup PF and SF and we all know he can space the floor
Shot 26% from 3 last year and Knicks have said they have no interest so not likely.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
IAMAGM wrote:
Kenyon Martin is reportedly not willing to sign a new contract unless it's for higher than the veteran's minimum. That makes the news that Martin is interested in signing with the Los Angeles Lakers and Brooklyn Nets a little strange. Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said it was unlikely that the team would use it's mid-level exception this year. The Nets no longer have that option at their disposal.

Sam Amick wrote:
Kenyon Martin, meanwhile, isn't so lucky. The 12-year veteran was a key reserve for the Clippers, his impact going way beyond his marginal numbers (5.2 points, 4.3 rebounds) for a team that reached the second round of the playoffs for the second time in franchise history. But sources said the 34-year-old power forward is holding up this later stage of the hiring process for frontcourt free agents, with the Lakers and the Nets among the teams he's considering and negotiation leverage seemingly gone because so many of his colleagues seem willing to take minimum deals.

Source ----- http://www.iamagm.com/article/kenyon-martin-looking-at-lakers-and-nets-in-free-agency#.UCAPBU1lREN

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
idk how money could be a part though when he's been around so long

who knows maybe he wanted to finish what he started with the knicks in 99

Right now for Kidd, Camby, it's the last pay day and they know it, it's not going to get any better than the NBA life. Camby went for the most money. Allen took Miami's MLE deal, did Miami have the chips to get a sign and trade done with Houston? Camby ended up with 4 million dollars more than Allen and Kidd did.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
i heard allen was takin around half of what was offered elsewhere by miami. classic "if you cant beat em, join em" case. he knows bostons 3 centerpieces are too old and slow for miami (yet ironically they shouldve taken out miami based off last series)

i think camby wanted some money, but i still feel he has a strong connection with the knicks. you can tell in his interviews when he talks about the nostalgic part of it, he smiles