Official Free Agency Thread

CA7

Scoring Champ
So the Rockets are offering Kevin Martin, Donatas Motiejunas (however you spell), Lamb, White/Jones to the Hornets for Eric Gordon.

If I'm New Orleans I'd say Lee, Lamb, Jones and Motiejunas for Gordon and Aminu

CA7

Scoring Champ
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Mavs may have interested in unrestricted free agent Michael Beasley, league source says.

Beasley would fit nice with D-Will and Dirk

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Free Agency?

Let's look at some Knicks potentials.

We need a shooting guard. Landry Fields just doesn't cut it, since he can't shoot.

But you know who likes NY, has been mentioned in many rumors to NY, and is now an unrestricted free agent since he wasn't given the qualifying offer?

OJ MAYO.

Mayo needs a change of scenery, and I think he would do great in NY as our starting shooting guard. He is athletic, strong, can shoot (career 37.5% from 3-point range), and can guard as well. Would be an excellent SG.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Is it possible to gain a player like OJ Mayo through a sign&trade with the Grizz? Can we do that even though he's an unrestricted free agent?

PERFECT fit and absolute steal if we ever get him. A core of Melo, Mayo, STAT, and TC would be sick! :smokin:

New New York

Quiet Storm
My realistic list of FA's

Ray Allen-Heat can only offer as much as we do but we will offer a starting role and more shots. He will have an even lesser role w/ Heat than Boston. He's been a starter all his career why take a backseat now?

Raymond Felton-most of you have voiced discontent with this, I like him as a backup in a more methodical offense where he is not trying to be like Steve Nash! Coach Woodson's system will be very much like Brown's system in which Felton was really good in.

Marcus Camby- to me ideal backup for Tyson....may demand too much! Loves NY still, would be fitting to end his career here

Randy Foye-looks like a nice option if Ray Allen does not come here

Joel Brybilla-this is vet minimum deal and a nice backup to Tyson. Noting flashy just hard nosed basketball.

Greg Oden- a "Hey why not" sort of move at the vet min...however some sucker will offer him 3 million or more based on name recognition (Kwame Brown made 7 million dollars las season!) so no can do!

Tracy McGrady- another why notter!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
How could you not want Ray Felton!?
He was a beast when he was here and we broke his heart trading him. he probably doesnt want US

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He was a beast when he was here and we broke his heart trading him. he probably doesnt want US

I seriously doubt he'll come back a mere season and a half removed to back up Lin.

He had a terrible season last year, and will lessen the chance of rediscovering any real success as a backup.

He made it very clear that he wants to sign long term with a team at the start of last season, so if by some miracle he accepted our $3M+ offer long term I'd be very surprised.

My realistic list of FA's

Ray Allen-Heat can only offer as much as we do but we will offer a starting role and more shots. He will have an even lesser role w/ Heat than Boston. He's been a starter all his career why take a backseat now?

Raymond Felton-most of you have voiced discontent with this, I like him as a backup in a more methodical offense where he is not trying to be like Steve Nash! Coach Woodson's system will be very much like Brown's system in which Felton was really good in.

Marcus Camby- to me ideal backup for Tyson....may demand too much! Loves NY still, would be fitting to end his career here

Randy Foye-looks like a nice option if Ray Allen does not come here

Joel Brybilla-this is vet minimum deal and a nice backup to Tyson. Noting flashy just hard nosed basketball.

Greg Oden- a "Hey why not" sort of move at the vet min...however some sucker will offer him 3 million or more based on name recognition (Kwame Brown made 7 million dollars las season!) so no can do!

Tracy McGrady- another why notter!

Ray Allen is a pipe dream, if we landed him my jaw would drop. On paper our team would be almost unguardable if amare plays at a decent level and Lin improves on last year. Think about it, can Melo have another bad year again? no, he is the best scorer in the league arguably. Can Amare get any worse? no. So adding Ray would make this team sort of a legit contender since we can bank on our superstars not playing like rookies for 2 straight seasons plus we have a full training camp and preseason which will do wonders for us. With ray i say we will 55. But then again it wont happen. He is a loyal guy and i think if he doesnt go to miami it is boston.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LOL @ me, back in the melodrama days I was complaining about Carmelo demanding a trade and making clear that if we didn't reach an agreement with Denver he'd resign with the Nets... now I see that at least he had balls to make such a demand, was honest with everyone and didn't feed his FO with some shytty commitments as D12 does.

Wargames

Starter
Brussard says the celtics offered Ray Allen 2 years $12 million, double what the Heat could offer him.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
^ Sounds understandable, they almost elmininated much younger/talented MIA in the ECF, so why would they let RayRay sign elsewhere?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If we cant get Nash, I can see Felton coming back, were actually on his wishlist. Bring on the fatso he played like a warrior for us :mrgreen:

FeltonBigMac.png

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marc J. Spears: Expect Heat, Celtics, Lakers, Hawks and Knicks to have interest in free agent Rashard Lewis once he clears waivers, source tells Y! Twitter