Official Free Agency Thread

finestrg

Rotation player
Sean Williams?

Williams was just waived by the Houston Rockets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mave...53/sources-rockets-waive-ex-mav-sean-williams

I like him. 6'10", very athletic, always a very good shot-blocker, decent enough rebounder and from watching him in quite a few D-League games, his Israel clips etc., he's come a long way offensively. He can score around the hoops well and he's even developed a little mid-ranger jumper with some decent touch...Had a little cup of coffee with the the Mavs last year that didn't amount to anything...The Celtics then had him I believe, Houston, and now he's on the verge of clearing waivers and becoming a FA. I think he could be a nice athletic big-man to backup Amar'e. Imagine the rim protection we'd have on this team next year with Tyson, Camby, Sean Williams and Amar'e (STAT's actually a very good shot-blocker if he dedicates himself to it). We get Williams, we would always have a shot-blocker on the court at all times, most of the times 2. Thoughts?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Williams was just waived by the Houston Rockets.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mave...53/sources-rockets-waive-ex-mav-sean-williams

I like him. 6'10", very athletic, always a very good shot-blocker, decent enough rebounder and from watching him in quite a few D-League games, his Israel clips etc., he's come a long way offensively. He can score around the hoops well and he's even developed a little mid-ranger jumper with some decent touch...Had a little cup of coffee with the the Mavs last year that didn't amount to anything...The Celtics then had him I believe, Houston, and now he's on the verge of clearing waivers and becoming a FA. I think he could be a nice athletic big-man to backup Amar'e. Imagine the rim protection we'd have on this team next year with Tyson, Camby, Sean Williams and Amar'e (STAT's actually a very good shot-blocker if he dedicates himself to it). We get Williams, we would always have a shot-blocker on the court at all times, most of the times 2. Thoughts?

Yeah Sean Williams has major potential but will likely end up with the Heat in my opinion

Would be nice for him to learn from Camby and Chandler though

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Josh Howard has been working out in Charlotte this week, according to sources.

Howard is from Winston-Salem.

Howard is also drawing interest from the Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks.

Howard played for the Utah Jazz last season.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

p0nder

Starter
heard about the howard interest... How do we feel about howard? he'd fit in well with the old age home feeling of this roster but is he a scoring threat we need behind amar'e as the PF?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
heard about the howard interest... How do we feel about howard? he'd fit in well with the old age home feeling of this roster but is he a scoring threat we need behind amar'e as the PF?

I dunno, we already have Shump, Brewer, and JR. Its gonna be hard for him to get a rotation spot. But what the heck, I'd have no problem if he took Chris Smith's spot.

@alanhahn ?@KMart_LI: "Well, we scored. That was good." - Rex's opener #nyj? *Beavis & Butthead laugh*
5 hours ago

kenyon Martin in nj/ny so hopefully he signs wit Knicks...

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
A source familiar with the Knicks' free-agency plans told ESPNNewYork.com that the team is considering signing forward-center Sean Williams, who was waived by the Rockets this week.

There has been some speculation that the Knicks are interested in unrestricted free agent Josh Howard, but according to the source, they are not into him. Instead, the team wants to add a big man -- likely to serve as a backup to Amare Stoudemire on the depth chart. Currently, they don't have one.

There are more attractive bigs on the market, like Kenyon Martin, Andray Blatche, Louis Amundson, Chris Andersen and D.J. White. But those players have been looking for more than the veteran's minimum, which is all the Knicks can offer.

Williams, on the other hand, is in the Knicks' price range. The former New Jersey Net, whose career averages are 4.2 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in four NBA seasons, made less than $1 million in 2011-12 with the Mavericks and Celtics. While the former 2007 first-round draft pick out of Boston College hasn't made his mark yet in the league, Celtics coach Doc Rivers was impressed with his development last season. And that was on defense, which is Mike Woodson's mantra.

"He has a chance to be a shut-down defender, a shot-blocker, a guy that you can bring in and change the tempo of the game," Rivers said in July. "He rebounds the ball. He has that skill set in him. He has to marry himself to that."

While the Knicks technically have 15 players on their roster, Chris Smith, J.R. Smith's younger brother, is only under contract through the preseason. Williams, who's also reportedly on the Heat's radar, could be the team's final signing. Regardless, the Knicks can bring him to training camp (which starts Sept. 29) because the NBA has no limit on invites.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/24111/source-knicks-targeting-sean-williams

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah Sean Williams has major potential but will likely end up with the Heat in my opinion

Would be nice for him to learn from Camby and Chandler though
Guys like him aren't looking to win a ring, they want playing time and some security. If I was him I would come to NY, vets like Rashard Lewis are going to want to go to Miami every year to win a ring. In NY he could be the successor to Thomas if he plays well.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
A source familiar with the Knicks' free-agency plans told ESPNNewYork.com that the team is considering signing forward-center Sean Williams, who was waived by the Rockets this week.

There has been some speculation that the Knicks are interested in unrestricted free agent Josh Howard, but according to the source, they are not into him. Instead, the team wants to add a big man -- likely to serve as a backup to Amare Stoudemire on the depth chart. Currently, they don't have one.

There are more attractive bigs on the market, like Kenyon Martin, Andray Blatche, Louis Amundson, Chris Andersen and D.J. White. But those players have been looking for more than the veteran's minimum, which is all the Knicks can offer.

Williams, on the other hand, is in the Knicks' price range. The former New Jersey Net, whose career averages are 4.2 points and 3.4 rebounds per game in four NBA seasons, made less than $1 million in 2011-12 with the Mavericks and Celtics. While the former 2007 first-round draft pick out of Boston College hasn't made his mark yet in the league, Celtics coach Doc Rivers was impressed with his development last season. And that was on defense, which is Mike Woodson's mantra.

"He has a chance to be a shut-down defender, a shot-blocker, a guy that you can bring in and change the tempo of the game," Rivers said in July. "He rebounds the ball. He has that skill set in him. He has to marry himself to that."

While the Knicks technically have 15 players on their roster, Chris Smith, J.R. Smith's younger brother, is only under contract through the preseason. Williams, who's also reportedly on the Heat's radar, could be the team's final signing. Regardless, the Knicks can bring him to training camp (which starts Sept. 29) because the NBA has no limit on invites.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/24111/source-knicks-targeting-sean-williams

Great video! I got giddy watching it. Think we should get him, if Amare goes down Melo/Williams and Thomas would be sufficient fill ins, plus once Shump returns Brewer will likely back up Melo. I think Williams will be a great pick up and will bring more athleticism to compliment the veteran presence on the front court.

James White/Copeland/Williams is a good youthful batch of athelticism to go with our starters and he is a great 3rd string option if he doesn't make the back up role.

CoolClyde

Howard

Josh Howard >>>> Sean Williams

Sean Williams is one of those Anthony Randolph type guys with potential,
who has never progressed beyond that. At least Ant-man came out of his
anthill last year for Minny during Love's breakdown. but Williams? meh!
that video is the most i've seen him do in years, and that was during garbage
time... don't mean sheeit.

Josh Howard was a VERY good player for years in Dallas, got hurt, and finally
got a chance in Utah, where he was hurting for a large portion of the season.
A healthy Howard can be a boon to the NYK bench, a quality player with skills
to score, defend and rebound.

Other than KMart, who has a bad attitude anyway, Amundsen, who wants too
much money, and Birdman, whose mind has flown the coop, I'd say Howard
is by far, the best man for the money Knicks have to offer.

GO GET HIM, GRUNWALDO!!

Josh Howard >>>> Sean Williams

Sean Williams is one of those Anthony Randolph type guys with potential,
who has never progressed beyond that. At least Ant-man came out of his
anthill last year for Minny during Love's breakdown. but Williams? meh!
that video is the most i've seen him do in years, and that was during garbage
time... don't mean sheeit.

Josh Howard was a VERY good player for years in Dallas, got hurt, and finally
got a chance in Utah, where he was hurting for a large portion of the season.
A healthy Howard can be a boon to the NYK bench, a quality player with skills
to score, defend and rebound.

Other than KMart, who has a bad attitude anyway, Amundsen, who wants too
much money, and Birdman, whose mind has flown the coop, I'd say Howard
is by far, the best man for the money Knicks have to offer.

GO GET HIM, GRUNWALDO!!

we dont need Ho-ward....kids done and we need a front court presence

williams > ho-ward.....not that williams is the answer

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Brooklyn Nets have agreed to a one-year, minimum deal with Andray Blatche.

Blatche was waived by the Washington Wizards via the amnesty clause in July.

Blatche told HoopsWorld on Wednesday that he had hoped to sign a contract within the next few days.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
The Brooklyn Nets have agreed to a one-year, minimum deal with Andray Blatche.

Blatche was waived by the Washington Wizards via the amnesty clause in July.

Blatche told HoopsWorld on Wednesday that he had hoped to sign a contract within the next few days.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports

Cause they really need to add another PF to the Humphries/Teletovic/Evans list.