Official Free Agency Thread

nyk_nyk

All Star
I feel you.

The dramatic turn-around wasn't enough?

From one of the wrost defenses to one of the best?

Fielding the DPOY?

Melo's resurgence?

Lins' discovery?

The 18-6 record under Woody?

Those Blow-out, All-cylinder clicking games we had under Woody, when we throttled the competition?

None of things convinced him?

The addition of savvy vets?

A full training camp?

A healthier STAT?

Wow!:cool:

SAS's biggest issue is with Amare and Lin... with good reason. Lin, while he had a good run, can't really be seen as a legit starting PG until he does it for an extended amount of time. Plus there are some things he needs to work on to be a consistent quality PG.

Amare took a step back last season and unless he regains some of his power, he's just an above average PF thats never been known to rebound much. Compare that to Kris Kardashian and there isn't much separation of talent.

I don't think SAS is giving the Knicks enough credit vs the Nets, but I understand some of the issues he has. Not sure why he doesn't factor in Kidd and Camby as definite strengths to the bench because if you really think about it, we'll have probably the best backup (true pg), best backup center and the best 3pt shooter coming off the bench.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Rockets will use their amnesty provision on Luis Scola.

Houston is pursuing a trade for Dwight Howard.

Scola is owed $21 million over the next three seasons.

The Rockets will have the cap space to absorb the contracts of Howard and several others that the Magic seek to eliminate.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222285/Rockets_To_Amnesty_Luis_Scola#ixzz20S5YHuPk

I guess the trade Amare for scola and Martin discussions are eliminated this season

portega1968

El Cacique
The Rockets will use their amnesty provision on Luis Scola.

Houston is pursuing a trade for Dwight Howard.

Scola is owed $21 million over the next three seasons.

The Rockets will have the cap space to absorb the contracts of Howard and several others that the Magic seek to eliminate.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/222285/Rockets_To_Amnesty_Luis_Scola#ixzz20S5YHuPk

I guess the trade Amare for scola and Martin discussions are eliminated this season

Kevin McHale has lost it with his Howard obsession!!! He gonna mortgage the farm to get this guy and then lose him to free agency next year.

Luis Scola, one of the top under-the-rim players. I see him ending up in Dallas.

portega1968

El Cacique
Adrian Wojnarowski: The Rockets will soon have the space to absorb Orlando's Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu, Chris Duhon and Epcot Center.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Raptors fans think we're "10th seed at best" LOLOLOL "nash didnt wanna play for you cause you suck, sixers nets and we(raptors) will finish higher than you this season" smfh

Forrest17

Rotation player
Kevin McHale has lost it with his Howard obsession!!! He gonna mortgage the farm to get this guy and then lose him to free agency next year.

Luis Scola, one of the top under-the-rim players. I see him ending up in Dallas.

They better idea would be to send Dwight to LA, and get Bynum and Gasol because they will probably actually stay

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Off topic but Why do the knicks get no respect, literally every time i read comments articles its **** talking about the knicks, pisses me off.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
In addition to offering their open head coaching position to Jerry Sloan on Wednesday and getting denied, word has now surfaced that the Blazers were also going after Phil Jackson for several months before being told he wasn't interested.
Source: CSNNW.com

WeReady

Benchwarmer
According to Adrian Wojnarowski, a league source has confirmed that the Dallas Mavericks successfully claimed Elton Brand off amnesty waivers on Friday.
Details are coming in that the winning bid for Brand was $2.1 million, which is much lower than expected. In addition to officially grabbing Brand, the Mavericks are said to be on the verge of also signing free agent center Chris Kaman. If Kaman does, in fact, sign with Dallas, Brand will back up both Dirk Nowitzki and Kaman in the Mavericks' front court. Brand will also be a nice insurance policy if Dallas somehow ends up not being able to get the Kaman deal done.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Bobcats officially signed PG Ramon Sessions on Friday.
The deal is reported to be for two years and $5 million each year. Sessions has said he only wanted to sign with a team where he would start at PG, but early reports have said that Kemba Walker would be the starter.
Source: Rick Bonnell on Twitter

Forrest17

Rotation player
The Bobcats officially signed PG Ramon Sessions on Friday.
The deal is reported to be for two years and $5 million each year. Sessions has said he only wanted to sign with a team where he would start at PG, but early reports have said that Kemba Walker would be the starter.
Source: Rick Bonnell on Twitter

I don't think that will happen because sessions is clearly better. Kemba is not a starter. He is a Nate robbinson type player. Just energy guy off the bench.

Good deal by the bobcats. They should try and claim Brendan Heywood and they will have, while not a good team but one that is much much better than last year.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
The Nuggets have offered JaVale McGee a 5-year, $50 million contract, a source confirmed.

McGee, a 24-year-old center, averaged 10.3 points and 5.8 rebounds in 20 regular-season games played for the Nuggets last season

McGee and his representatives are expected to continue to negotiate with Denver.

Via Benjamin Hochman/Denver Post

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz20YABpBBB

Paul1355

All Star
The Nuggets have offered JaVale McGee a 5-year, $50 million contract, a source confirmed.

McGee, a 24-year-old center, averaged 10.3 points and 5.8 rebounds in 20 regular-season games played for the Nuggets last season

McGee and his representatives are expected to continue to negotiate with Denver.

Via Benjamin Hochman/Denver Post

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz20YABpBBB

He was intstrumental for the Nuggets in the playoffs. We all know Mcgee doesnt have the IQ but you can't teach size and athleticism and he has it at 7 feet. The guy is a physical nightmare with those long arms like Anthony Davis. Mcgee was a solid move for Nene.