Official Free Agency Thread

CA7

Scoring Champ
Ok ill get real...name me one SG at the veteran minimum that can make an impact on this team???

Please enlighten me..DUDE

We have 3 point guards and 1 SG so it only makes sense to save the one SG on the bench in J.R. You need to spread the minutes for the point guards and we should expect all 3 to get minutes every game.

We used all of our assets on Camby and Felton. AS of right now we are going to wait until Shump gets back to refill the hole at SG and in the meantime, MOST LIKELY I can see Kidd being used at the 2 because of his size as a 6'4 guard that is older and will guard SG's easier than quicker PG's.

Wear down Kidd? This isn't a 66 game season with back to back to back games. Kidd will be fine as long as he doesn't play 40 min a game. He said he expects to play 20-30 min and that is exactly what he will play. Maybe a few times he will have to play more until Shump gets back.

Prigioni is going to get spot minutes so Kidd doesn't play too much and you know J.R is getting over 20 min a game since Woodson loves him.

So right now, YES I see Kidd possibly starting at the 2....if you don't start him at the 2 then you would have a bench backcourt of Prigioni and Kidd....I would rather have J.R off the bench with a PG since J.R is more suited off the bench so he can fill up his stat sheet when the stars are sitting and/or too tired to be as aggressive on offense.

Marc Berman also reported that Felton was promised a starting role on the team.

Kidd should start with the star players and J.R should come off the bench....so it makes sense having a lineup of:

Felton
Kidd
Melo
Amare
Chandler

damn a shooting guard who impact our team at the vet minimum

Raja Bell
Deshawn Stevenson- if released
Mickael Pietrus
Kelenna Azubuike- if he recovered fully from that injury
Terrence Williams- wont got more than the min. because of his attitude problems

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Ok ill get real...name me one SG at the veteran minimum that can make an impact on this team???

Please enlighten me..DUDE

We have 3 point guards and 1 SG so it only makes sense to save the one SG on the bench in J.R. You need to spread the minutes for the point guards and we should expect all 3 to get minutes every game.

We used all of our assets on Camby and Felton. AS of right now we are going to wait until Shump gets back to refill the hole at SG and in the meantime, MOST LIKELY I can see Kidd being used at the 2 because of his size as a 6'4 guard that is older and will guard SG's easier than quicker PG's.

eDIT: I love how everyone is talking about pablo prigoni as a legit backup PG. Hes NEVER PALYED IN THE NBA. INTERNETIONAL PLAY IS DIFFERENT. Hes an unknown next season. He could be good, or he could be a TO machine. Nothing is a given.
Wear down Kidd? This isn't a 66 game season with back to back to back games. Kidd will be fine as long as he doesn't play 40 min a game. He said he expects to play 20-30 min and that is exactly what he will play. Maybe a few times he will have to play more until Shump gets back.

Prigioni is going to get spot minutes so Kidd doesn't play too much and you know J.R is getting over 20 min a game since Woodson loves him.

So right now, YES I see Kidd possibly starting at the 2....if you don't start him at the 2 then you would have a bench backcourt of Prigioni and Kidd....I would rather have J.R off the bench with a PG since J.R is more suited off the bench so he can fill up his stat sheet when the stars are sitting and/or too tired to be as aggressive on offense.

Kidd should start with the star players and J.R should come off the bench....so it makes sense having a lineup of:

Felton
Kidd
Melo
Amare
Chandler

Youre right there isnt an option. But you dont put wear down your 39 yr old, ONLY VIABLE BACKUP PG(dont give me pablo crap), at the 2. You do everything in your power to convince a Ronnie Brewer, Michael Redd Courtney Lee(not happening) someone. You dont run down your only other proven PG at the 2. Play him there at times? Yes but no way should he be starting. Havent you guys learned that PG depth HAS KILLED THIS TEAM?!?!

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Lakers has to agreed to terms to sign free agent forward Antawn Jamison to a one-year deal paying the minimum, source tells Y! Sports.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer

Felton
Kidd
Melo
Amare
Chandler

I love that the Knicks promised this guy a starting role, when he comes waddling down court, all 250 of him, "nope we got to start him, we promised."

Paul1355

All Star
Youre right there isnt an option. But you dont put wear down your 39 yr old, ONLY VIABLE BACKUP PG(dont give me pablo crap), at the 2. You do everything in your power to convince a Ronnie Brewer, Michael Redd Courtney Lee(not happening) someone. You dont run down your only other proven PG at the 2. Play him there at times? Yes but no way should he be starting. Havent you guys learned that PG depth HAS KILLED THIS TEAM?!?!

Kid averaged 29 min a game last year in a season with a condensed schedule so I think he will be fine playing 20-30 min in a normal schedule without back to back to back games.

He was also the starter on a playoff team.

Now idk what to expect from Prigioni but he can't be worse than TD or Bibby so therefore he is a decent 3rd string PG that can get spot minutes. From the videos I have seen the guy has court vision.

Actually i just remembered that J.R was promised to start if he signed that low contract....from a source but that was a rumor out there.

If that is true then Kidd won't start anyway but I do agree we have to pick up a SG at the vet minimum.

I wouldn't care either way if Kidd starts at 2 or not but HE WILL get minutes at the 2.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Saw an article (can't find link) that Pietrus isn't getting much attention from the Celtics so he may be available. Wouldn't mind Ronnie Brewer, I know he can't stroke the outside shot too well. But considering most of our offense from the SG position will come from Jr Smith/Kidd, I think he could be a great defensive plug till Shumpert comes back.

Dwight Howard going to the Lakers within a few days, get ready for yet another team to be better than us while we are stuck in upper mediocrity.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Jerome Jordan is a Knicks again!!!!!......sort of

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Jerome Jordan was cut by Rockets, has rejoined #Knicks summer league team but not allowed to re-sign with them for a year.

Paul1355

All Star
Jerome Jordan is a Knicks again!!!!!......sort of

Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
Jerome Jordan was cut by Rockets, has rejoined #Knicks summer league team but not allowed to re-sign with them for a year.

I had a feeling once he was cut they could give him a shot again. Kind of stupid how they can't resign him, thanks Lamar Odom and his depression from leaving the Lakers for that

WeReady

Benchwarmer
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 1.01.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 1.01.36 PM.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 51

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
Brewer/Pietrus type of player would fit in with Carmelo well,

But a good shooter is a must for this position, someone to knock it down from the arc off of Melo double teams.

We definitely need a good replacement PF for taking load off of Amar'e as well.
The Knicks PF position is weak.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
We definitely need a good replacement PF for taking load off of Amar'e as well.
What about moving Melo to PF and starting Novak? Balancing strengths and weakness is all about perception. An upbeat team doesn't always beat a slow team, and a methodical team don't always beat SSOL.

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
Is it confirmed Howard is going to the Lakers? I just heard he signed an extension with them but Orlando has yet to confirm the trade with the Lakers.

It would be the biggest BS if Howard went to Fakers. They already got Nash and now they want Howard?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Is it confirmed Howard is going to the Lakers? I just heard he signed an extension with them but Orlando has yet to confirm the trade with the Lakers.

It would be the biggest BS if Howard went to Fakers. They already got Nash and now they want Howard?
I think Howard only stated that he would agree to sign it & the Cavs have stated they would only take bynum if he's willing to sign an extension but i can see the deals getting done either by the weekend or monday.. so far things seem to be falling into place. Honestly i'm glad to see Howard out the East good news for the eastern conference bad news for the west lol

The Cavaliers are eager to acquire Andrew Bynum in a three-way trade with the Lakers and Magic involving Dwight Howard, but they are not prepared to move forward without an assurance from Bynum.

"Cleveland will only do the deal if Bynum extends," a league official directly involved in the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

The Lakers want the framework of a trade to be agreed upon before the Cavaliers begin engaging Bynum on an extension.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Bynum_Before_Agreeing_To_Trade#ixzz217eYlKUn