Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21617181920212223242526272842 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 705

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

  1. #316
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Alan Hahn
    Itís official: Knicks announce that Marcus Camby was acquired from Rockets in sign-and-trade for Toney Douglas, Josh Harrellson, Jerome Jordan and 2 future second round picks. It will be Camby's second stint with the Knicks. He played in New York from 1998-2002 and is fifth on the franchise all-time blocked shots list with 376.

  2. #317
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    @Amareisreal: I'm working so hard to help bring a championship to NY. I'm willing to do whatever it takes 4 that 2 happen. #passion, #dedication #Knicks

    Hmmmm....

  3. #318
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    if Fields is matched i'm slitting my wrist
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Agree with @FisolaNYDN and absolutely do not rule out Knicks matching Landry Fields offer sheet. They have a 3-year window to win now.

    Stay away from the kitchen draw

  4. #319
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    "I do not have problem to be the third PG on the team. The season has 82 games and I have to be ready to play" - Prigioni, via @JulianMozo.
    I already love this signing!!! He is a great teammate, has played on championship-caliber teams, extremely crafty, high BBall IQ and will also help Lin's development.

    Pro career:
    Won the Spanish Prince's Cup: (2002)
    Led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2003)
    Won 3 Spanish King's Cups: (2004, 2006, 2009)
    Won 4 Spanish Supercups: (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
    Spanish King's Cup MVP: (2006)
    2x All-Euroleague 2nd Team: (2006, 2007)
    Led the Euroleague in assists: (2006)
    3x Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2006, 2007, 2009)
    Won the Spanish Championship: (2008)
    Spanish Supercup MVP: (2008)

  5. #320
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    just reported on sport center Dwight howard will not go to the brooklyn nets 4-team trade has fell apart expect him to go to the lakers

    Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    The Magic informed Dwight Howard that they are suspending trade talks, according to source. Orlando will now focus on their coaching search.

  6. #321
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    @Amareisreal: I'm working so hard to help bring a championship to NY. I'm willing to do whatever it takes 4 that 2 happen. #passion, #dedication #Knicks

    Hmmmm....
    DEFENSE OR GTFO iv'e given up believing anything that comes out Amare's mouth, because when he steps on the court it's a big disappointment. Words aint $hit get on the court and prove it Amare.

    Originally Posted by WeReady
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Agree with @FisolaNYDN and absolutely do not rule out Knicks matching Landry Fields offer sheet. They have a 3-year window to win now.

    Stay away from the kitchen draw
    man i don't care if money ain't a priority to the Knicks. Matching something Landry is not worth is terrible, the Raptors used him to prevent us from getting Nash and were thinking about matching? no way lol im not with that at all, i cringe with the thought of Fields being our starting SG again. Landry does 2 things well CUT TO THE BASKET and REBOUND, the dude is a ghost in the playoff's this is bonehead move to me if it's matched.

    The only way i match this is if they agree to S&T gadzuric for a 1st round pick and Ed davis or Gary Forbes

  7. #322
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default


    man i don't care if money ain't a priority to the Knicks. Matching something Landry is not worth is terrible, the Raptors used him to prevent us from getting Nash and were thinking about matching? no way lol im not with that at all, i cringe with the thought of Fields being our starting SG again. Landry does 2 things well CUT TO THE BASKET and REBOUND, the dude is a ghost in the playoff's this is bonehead move to me if it's matched.

    The only way i match this is if they agree to S&T gadzuric for a 1st round pick and Ed davis or Gary Forbes
    we can't do a S&T because landry is not a raptor and at this point we are looking for a cheap wing who can rebound and defend in the starting lineup. So you really want jr swish to be our starting SG? landry provides at least that. at this point the Knicks don't care because the endorsements from Lin's popularity will take care of of the luxury tax payments 100 times over

  8. #323
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by portega1968
    I already love this signing!!! He is a great teammate, has played on championship-caliber teams, extremely crafty, high BBall IQ and will also help Lin's development.

    Pro career:
    Won the Spanish Prince's Cup: (2002)
    Led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2003)
    Won 3 Spanish King's Cups: (2004, 2006, 2009)
    Won 4 Spanish Supercups: (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
    Spanish King's Cup MVP: (2006)
    2x All-Euroleague 2nd Team: (2006, 2007)
    Led the Euroleague in assists: (2006)
    3x Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2006, 2007, 2009)
    Won the Spanish Championship: (2008)
    Spanish Supercup MVP: (2008)
    I wonder why no one ever brought him over before.. Especially around 2007 when he seemed to be winning everything lol.. I mean Ricky Rubio was pretty meh statistically in the spanish league yet he is tearing it apart over here..

  9. #324
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    @Amareisreal: I'm working so hard to help bring a championship to NY. I'm willing to do whatever it takes 4 that 2 happen. #passion, #dedication #Knicks

    Hmmmm....
    him training to hard is what screwed us over last season. He put on way too much muscle and it ruined his jump. He got blocked every dunk attempt by guys half his height

  10. #325
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by WeReady
    we can't do a S&T because landry is not a raptor and at this point we are looking for a cheap wing who can rebound and defend in the starting lineup. So you really want jr swish to be our starting SG? landry provides at least that. at this point the Knicks don't care because the endorsements from Lin's popularity will take care of of the luxury tax payments 100 times over
    I know, but i said i'd only do them the favor of Matching Fields if the raptors were to agree to S&T with us for Gadzuric and we get back lets say "gary forbes" (extra depth) i'm not saying s&t for fields i'm talking about moving Gadz contract for one of their players.

    Or can we not match a player then S&T with the same team we just matched with? For example we Match Fields.. then we S&t with the raptors meaning

    Knicks- Match for Fields

    Then

    Knicks S&T with Raptors

    Raptors receive - Gadz expiring Contract
    Knicks receive - Gary Forbes

    Lin/Kidd/Pablo
    Fields/Jr/Shump (until further notice)
    Melo/Forbes/White
    Amare/Novak/Jeffries
    Chandler/Camby

  11. #326
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    I know, but i said i'd only do them the favor of Matching Fields if the raptors were to agree to S&T with us for Gadzuric and we get back lets say "gary forbes" (extra depth) i'm not saying s&t for fields i'm talking about moving Gadz contract for one of their players.

    Or can we not match a player then S&T with the same team we just matched with? For example we Match Fields.. then we S&t with the raptors meaning

    Knicks- Match for Fields

    Then

    Knicks S&T with Raptors

    Raptors receive - Gadz expiring Contract
    Knicks receive - Gary Forbes

    Lin/Kidd/Pablo
    Fields/Jr/Shump (until further notice)
    Melo/Forbes/White
    Amare/Novak/Jeffries
    Chandler/Camby
    i understand what you are saying however forbes was already S&T to houston however sonny weems is available but based on raptors getting in the way of the nash trade they will in no way do us any favors so why should we f' em
    also I'm might have some updated info on us possibly getting kenyon martin on a vets min hahn is saying we can get either jeffries or martin but not both so be on the look out

  12. #327
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by WeReady
    i understand what you are saying however forbes was already S&T to houston however sonny weems is available but based on raptors getting in the way of the nash trade they will in no way do us any favors so why should we f' em
    also I'm might have some updated info on us possibly getting kenyon martin on a vets min hahn is saying we can get either jeffries or martin but not both so be on the look out
    oh ok i got you i see what your saying, thanks for info.

    & Sonny weems eh not thrilled with signing him when we have James white. Weems is Fields 2.0 it wouldn't be much of an upgrade he cant shoot. If we could pull off the S&T with the pacers for Dahntay jones and grab Kenyon martin or jeffries off vet min im satisfied with this off-season. If not we should be looking for a consistent SG on vet min that can catch & shoot as well as spread the court for us.

  13. #328
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Just going up online: Mavs on verge of signing All-Star center Chris Kaman. Deal should be finalized later Wednesday

  14. #329
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    NBA.com's David Aldridge is reporting that Brook Lopez will re-sign with the Nets on a four-year deal.
    The big news here is that the Nets will have to wait an entire year to trade Lopez without his OK, and also signals the official end to talks between the Nets and Magic for Dwight Howard. Lopez should have a good season in Brooklyn, as long as his ankle is fully healed by the time it starts.

  15. #330
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    The Clippers offered and Blake Griffin has accepted a five-year, $95 million max extension to his contract with the Clippers, reports Ken Berger of CBSSports.com. This is a ďRose ruleĒ deal allows him to get 30 percent of the teamís cap space in his second contract, so long as he makes next seasonís All-Star team. Which is pretty much a given.

    Meaning No Chris Paul will he or won't he next summer

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Chris Paul to the Knicks Thread
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 24, 2010, 15:36
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: Mar 16, 2010, 10:49
  3. The Official...Official Thread
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2010, 13:51
  4. The Official EURO 2008 thread
    By rady in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 23:08
  5. free agency
    By Knicker Bocker in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Apr 06, 2005, 22:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •