Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21617181920212223242526272842 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

Alan Hahn
    Itís official: Knicks announce that Marcus Camby was acquired from Rockets in sign-and-trade for Toney Douglas, Josh Harrellson, Jerome Jordan and 2 future second round picks. It will be Camby's second stint with the Knicks. He played in New York from 1998-2002 and is fifth on the franchise all-time blocked shots list with 376.

@Amareisreal: I'm working so hard to help bring a championship to NY. I'm willing to do whatever it takes 4 that 2 happen. #passion, #dedication #Knicks

Hmmmm....

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    if Fields is matched i'm slitting my wrist
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Agree with @FisolaNYDN and absolutely do not rule out Knicks matching Landry Fields offer sheet. They have a 3-year window to win now.

Stay away from the kitchen draw

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    "I do not have problem to be the third PG on the team. The season has 82 games and I have to be ready to play" - Prigioni, via @JulianMozo.
    I already love this signing!!! He is a great teammate, has played on championship-caliber teams, extremely crafty, high BBall IQ and will also help Lin's development.

Pro career:
    Won the Spanish Prince's Cup: (2002)
    Led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2003)
    Won 3 Spanish King's Cups: (2004, 2006, 2009)
    Won 4 Spanish Supercups: (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
    Spanish King's Cup MVP: (2006)
    2x All-Euroleague 2nd Team: (2006, 2007)
    Led the Euroleague in assists: (2006)
    3x Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2006, 2007, 2009)
    Won the Spanish Championship: (2008)
    Spanish Supercup MVP: (2008)

just reported on sport center Dwight howard will not go to the brooklyn nets 4-team trade has fell apart expect him to go to the lakers

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    The Magic informed Dwight Howard that they are suspending trade talks, according to source. Orlando will now focus on their coaching search.

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    @Amareisreal: I'm working so hard to help bring a championship to NY. I'm willing to do whatever it takes 4 that 2 happen. #passion, #dedication #Knicks

Hmmmm....
    DEFENSE OR GTFO iv'e given up believing anything that comes out Amare's mouth, because when he steps on the court it's a big disappointment. Words aint $hit get on the court and prove it Amare.

Originally Posted by WeReady
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
    Agree with @FisolaNYDN and absolutely do not rule out Knicks matching Landry Fields offer sheet. They have a 3-year window to win now.

Stay away from the kitchen draw
    man i don't care if money ain't a priority to the Knicks. Matching something Landry is not worth is terrible, the Raptors used him to prevent us from getting Nash and were thinking about matching? no way lol im not with that at all, i cringe with the thought of Fields being our starting SG again. Landry does 2 things well CUT TO THE BASKET and REBOUND, the dude is a ghost in the playoff's this is bonehead move to me if it's matched.

The only way i match this is if they agree to S&T gadzuric for a 1st round pick and Ed davis or Gary Forbes

man i don't care if money ain't a priority to the Knicks. Matching something Landry is not worth is terrible, the Raptors used him to prevent us from getting Nash and were thinking about matching? no way lol im not with that at all, i cringe with the thought of Fields being our starting SG again. Landry does 2 things well CUT TO THE BASKET and REBOUND, the dude is a ghost in the playoff's this is bonehead move to me if it's matched.

The only way i match this is if they agree to S&T gadzuric for a 1st round pick and Ed davis or Gary Forbes
    we can't do a S&T because landry is not a raptor and at this point we are looking for a cheap wing who can rebound and defend in the starting lineup. So you really want jr swish to be our starting SG? landry provides at least that. at this point the Knicks don't care because the endorsements from Lin's popularity will take care of of the luxury tax payments 100 times over

Superstar

Originally Posted by portega1968
    I already love this signing!!! He is a great teammate, has played on championship-caliber teams, extremely crafty, high BBall IQ and will also help Lin's development.

Pro career:
    Won the Spanish Prince's Cup: (2002)
    Led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2003)
    Won 3 Spanish King's Cups: (2004, 2006, 2009)
    Won 4 Spanish Supercups: (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)
    Spanish King's Cup MVP: (2006)
    2x All-Euroleague 2nd Team: (2006, 2007)
    Led the Euroleague in assists: (2006)
    3x Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2006, 2007, 2009)
    Won the Spanish Championship: (2008)
    Spanish Supercup MVP: (2008)
    I wonder why no one ever brought him over before.. Especially around 2007 when he seemed to be winning everything lol.. I mean Ricky Rubio was pretty meh statistically in the spanish league yet he is tearing it apart over here..

Superstar

Originally Posted by knickerbocka176

Hmmmm....
    him training to hard is what screwed us over last season. He put on way too much muscle and it ruined his jump. He got blocked every dunk attempt by guys half his height

we can't do a S&T because landry is not a raptor and at this point we are looking for a cheap wing who can rebound and defend in the starting lineup. So you really want jr swish to be our starting SG? landry provides at least that. at this point the Knicks don't care because the endorsements from Lin's popularity will take care of of the luxury tax payments 100 times over
    I know, but i said i'd only do them the favor of Matching Fields if the raptors were to agree to S&T with us for Gadzuric and we get back lets say "gary forbes" (extra depth) i'm not saying s&t for fields i'm talking about moving Gadz contract for one of their players.

Or can we not match a player then S&T with the same team we just matched with? For example we Match Fields.. then we S&t with the raptors meaning

Knicks- Match for Fields

Then

Knicks S&T with Raptors

Raptors receive - Gadz expiring Contract
    Knicks receive - Gary Forbes

Lin/Kidd/Pablo
    Fields/Jr/Shump (until further notice)
    Melo/Forbes/White
    Amare/Novak/Jeffries
    Chandler/Camby

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    I know, but i said i'd only do them the favor of Matching Fields if the raptors were to agree to S&T with us for Gadzuric and we get back lets say "gary forbes" (extra depth) i'm not saying s&t for fields i'm talking about moving Gadz contract for one of their players.

Or can we not match a player then S&T with the same team we just matched with? For example we Match Fields.. then we S&t with the raptors meaning

Knicks- Match for Fields

Then

Knicks S&T with Raptors

Raptors receive - Gadz expiring Contract
    Knicks receive - Gary Forbes

Lin/Kidd/Pablo
    Fields/Jr/Shump (until further notice)
    Melo/Forbes/White
    Amare/Novak/Jeffries
    Chandler/Camby
    i understand what you are saying however forbes was already S&T to houston however sonny weems is available but based on raptors getting in the way of the nash trade they will in no way do us any favors so why should we f' em
    also I'm might have some updated info on us possibly getting kenyon martin on a vets min hahn is saying we can get either jeffries or martin but not both so be on the look out

i understand what you are saying however forbes was already S&T to houston however sonny weems is available but based on raptors getting in the way of the nash trade they will in no way do us any favors so why should we f' em
    also I'm might have some updated info on us possibly getting kenyon martin on a vets min hahn is saying we can get either jeffries or martin but not both so be on the look out
    oh ok i got you i see what your saying, thanks for info.

& Sonny weems eh not thrilled with signing him when we have James white. Weems is Fields 2.0 it wouldn't be much of an upgrade he cant shoot. If we could pull off the S&T with the pacers for Dahntay jones and grab Kenyon martin or jeffries off vet min im satisfied with this off-season. If not we should be looking for a consistent SG on vet min that can catch & shoot as well as spread the court for us.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine
    Just going up online: Mavs on verge of signing All-Star center Chris Kaman. Deal should be finalized later Wednesday

NBA.com's David Aldridge is reporting that Brook Lopez will re-sign with the Nets on a four-year deal.
    The big news here is that the Nets will have to wait an entire year to trade Lopez without his OK, and also signals the official end to talks between the Nets and Magic for Dwight Howard. Lopez should have a good season in Brooklyn, as long as his ankle is fully healed by the time it starts.

The Clippers offered and Blake Griffin has accepted a five-year, $95 million max extension to his contract with the Clippers, reports Ken Berger of CBSSports.com. This is a ďRose ruleĒ deal allows him to get 30 percent of the teamís cap space in his second contract, so long as he makes next seasonís All-Star team. Which is pretty much a given.

Meaning No Chris Paul will he or won't he next summer