Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1024252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Free Agency Thread

For SG spot:

This is where we stand right now

THe money is drying up and some guys might be had for the vet min that will most likely just sign a 1 year deal in NY for the exposure to get a bigger contract the following season.

Targets are in order of importance:

Randy Foye
    Sonny Weems
    Maurice Evans

If we can get Roye for the vet minimum, which his agent said Roye would refuse weeks before, then he would be the ultimate steal. The money is drying up and the market is not as favorable for some guys.

Weems looked really good in some youtube clips from his last season with the Raptors where he averaged 9 ppg in only 23 min a game...BETTER THAN FIELDS! lol....and he had nice clips from his European team he played with last season.

IF Weems can improve the jumper, then he will be another steal at vet min. I believe he is better than FIelds without the jumper. Faster, more atheltic, stronger and is a better finisher.

Evans is the last choice, in case Foye and Weems have no shot of signing here for vet min. Evans would just ply spot minutes when J.R is tired and when Kidd played enough minutes at the 2 spot. Evans can knock down the outside shot, which is probably his only value at this point. I fear Evans is similar to Roger Mason and he will come to NY and shoot 10 % from downtown like Mason did which made me shake my head in disbelief.

Right now we lack athleticism, I dont care how vet savvy we are we need to add some athleticism

Sonny Weems- I see him as a mix of JR Smith and Iman Shumpert, more under control than JR, little more offense than Shumpert, solid defender with elite athleticism and he's improved his 3 ball. Those 3 will be big for us we gotta add Weems

We still should sign a 4 who can replace what Jeffries brought but that can also finish around the rim and hit the 15 footer. KT is not that and likely will have no positive effect on the game

Carl Landry- should come for the rest of the MLE or the min which ever we can use. Hits the J, plays D, takes charges and finishes around the rim

what's our actual chance of signing seems?

and

what's the word on ronnie brewer?

Originally Posted by BananaSauce
    what's our actual chance of signing seems?

and

what's the word on ronnie brewer?
    Brewer is pretty much out,he wants more than Vet min

Updating a previous item, Marco Belinelli's "deal with the Bulls is done," a source tells CSN Chicago.
    Belinelli will join the Bulls as a backup shooting guard and a three-point shooter off of the bench. After averaging 1.6 treys last season with the Hornets, he could emerge onto the fantasy radar if veteran Richard Hamilton struggles or deals with injuries at any point. He's a name to stash away as someone to potentially take a flier on toward the end of drafts in standard sized leagues.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by WeReady
    Updating a previous item, Marco Belinelli's "deal with the Bulls is done," a source tells CSN Chicago.
    Belinelli will join the Bulls as a backup shooting guard and a three-point shooter off of the bench. After averaging 1.6 treys last season with the Hornets, he could emerge onto the fantasy radar if veteran Richard Hamilton struggles or deals with injuries at any point. He's a name to stash away as someone to potentially take a flier on toward the end of drafts in standard sized leagues.
    If Belinelli upgrades his attributes as an all around player, that could be a steal for Chicago, he's the perfect SG to have next to rose and can really stretch the floor.

He isn't a bad defender either.

Chicago's Front Office is one of the best in the NBA.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    If Belinelli upgrades his attributes as an all around player, that could be a steal for Chicago, he's the perfect SG to have next to rose and can really stretch the floor.

He isn't a bad defender either.

Chicago's Front Office is one of the best in the NBA.
    Thats only if rose makes it back this seasonal reports indicate rose is out for all of next season which realistically puts chicago at the bottom of the east

Thats only if rose makes it back this seasonal reports indicate rose is out for all of next season which realistically puts chicago at the bottom of the east
    Ive heard til March

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Ive heard til March
    mind as well not come back at all at the point why risk re-injury?

mind as well not come back at all at the point why risk re-injury?
    I agree, but if they're looking at a good seed some how the former MVP should help.

Imagine if it were Melo, people would call for his head!

Not if he tore his ACL, he gets a pass on that. Ive heard that it usually takes 2 years for athletes to turn back to form with those kinds of knee injury or at worst never come back to what they was once before.

I mean i don't want anyone to end being the next Brandon Roy no matter how much heat that they may have on them no reason to risk

What is wrong with the Magic what are they trying to prove by not trading dwight? I guess this is the most press they will ever receive so they will drag it longer than needs to be. At this point i dontcare if He is traded to Cleveland. just trade him already

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
    Magic telling rival execs they may not trade D12. Are they serious or bluffing? Story up on [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

What is wrong with the Magic what are they trying to prove by not trading dwight? I guess this is the most press they will ever receive so they will drag it longer than needs to be. At this point i dontcare if He is traded to Cleveland. just trade him already
    lol the Magic are just terrible i feel sorry for their fans that have to deal with that crap, he shouldn't even be allowed to show his face in Orlando anymore

I have a feeling he does get traded before the season starts though

Alvaro Martin: Newsday: #NewYorkKnicks have @Carlos Delfino on radar; however, Knicks can only offer him the veteran minimum (approximately $1.2 per season)

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Alvaro Martin: Newsday: #NewYorkKnicks have @Carlos Delfino on radar; however, Knicks can only offer him the veteran minimum (approximately $1.2 per season)
    Delfino would be a good get since Foye signed a one year deal with the Jazz.