View Poll Results: Which of these players would you keep if only able to choose 1.

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jorts

1 4.00%
  • Novak

13 52.00%
  • Jefferies

9 36.00%
  • Douglas

0 0%
  • Fields

2 8.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Jefferies a lock to remain a Knickerbocker?

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    seriously, if i have to watch another wide open 3 bricked or short rimmed im gonna lose it!
    hahahhahh it took A LOT of patience to not throw my remote at the screen when he would brick an open shot

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    hahahhahh it took A LOT of patience to not throw my remote at the screen when he would brick an open shot
    im pretty sure i cursed him out a few times. love him as a player though, i think he'd be beast with a jumper.

For those that dont already I know I've been a Jeffries fan for 4 or 5 years, he did always show some brilliant defensive flashes in the past but he was alot more consistent with his effort and focus last year. Hes the type of player that needs good players to play off of and get energy from. I think he always had this in him...

With that being said i hurt me to choose between Jeffries and Novak. I went with Jeffries but im feeling a little guilty right now

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    For those that dont already I know I've been a Jeffries fan for 4 or 5 years, he did always show some brilliant defensive flashes in the past but he was alot more consistent with his effort and focus last year. Hes the type of player that needs good players to play off of and get energy from. I think he always had this in him...

With that being said i hurt me to choose between Jeffries and Novak. I went with Jeffries but im feeling a little guilty right now

Jeffries helps on defense but the more important need right now is spacing the floor for Melo, Amare, and Chandler...and Novak does that

I asked Alan Hahn if there's anything new about JJ's situation and this is what I got:

"@Dzwonsson: @alanhahn Alan, any news on Jeffries?" Mutual interest, but neither side in a rush. Curious to see if theres a market for JJ.

Let's hope we can bring him for a vet him, Jorts is still a project and Jeffries proved he can be a quality defender @ #4/5.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Jeffries helps on defense but the more important need right now is spacing the floor for Melo, Amare, and Chandler...and Novak does that
    Forget floor spacing with Melo. Melo's sweet spot is detrimental to any kind of floor spacing, therefore going for Jeffries is the better option. You get the hustle play on defense and on offense we have to hope that Woodson comes up with something outstanding, since you won't get many open three pointers if your No.1 option gets the ball somewhere in the mid-range area. We could all see that in the Miami series.

Originally Posted by pat
    Forget floor spacing with Melo. Melo's sweet spot is detrimental to any kind of floor spacing, therefore going for Jeffries is the better option. You get the hustle play on defense and on offense we have to hope that Woodson comes up with something outstanding, since you won't get many open three pointers if your No.1 option gets the ball somewhere in the mid-range area. We could all see that in the Miami series.
    Forget spacing the floor with Melo???

He needs the space. The problem with this Knicks team on offense is a clogged paint. We need two things for Amare and Melo to gel and coexist...1) Lin needs to continue to be a slashing PG that can penetrate an opposing teams defense so the team focuses on him and leaves Melo and Amare open....2) We need outside shooter like Novak, J.R, etc to spread the floor so the defense can't just play a 2-3 zone all the time like they would always do since our shooting was so poor.

Those two ingredients should allow Melo and Amare to dominate in the paint, where they like it.

Without shooters a defense can still hold down the fort and not worry about running out to the 3 point line.

We need floor spacing, it is the main objective right now.